Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

theyre already working on a movie about how awesome kim is instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Seth rogan made like 10 mil from making this movie

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

Sony is a Japanese company. What the gently caress does the U.S. have to do with it?

if you make blockbusters using american actors, american crew, american directors and american producers you might as well be an american company

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
come on sony...

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i want to see a movie about a bunch of hollywood execs being owned by kim jung un

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Leon Einstein posted:

Sony is a Japanese company. What the gently caress does the U.S. have to do with it?
everything. Sony being a Japanese company is a technicality nobody cares about

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Kim Jong-Unstoppable probably just didn't like the actor playing him.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Why couldn't someone threaten to shoot up a movie theater if they showed Annie instead?

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Why were so many theaters not going to show it? I don't really follow any of this poo poo.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
thats a shame i heard it was almost as funny as the day the clown cried

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

isn't kim jong moon like a huge hollywood movie buff though? like, you would think he would be honored to be the subject of a hollywood holiday blockbuster.

Kim Jong Il was a big movie buff and the world's greatest golfer. His son Kim Jong Un is just a goony beta.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Why were so many theaters not going to show it? I don't really follow any of this poo poo.

They're fuckin' pussies.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Davincie posted:

if you make blockbusters using american actors, american crew, american directors and american producers you might as well be an american company
Those actors, crew members, producers, and directors didn't make the choice to pull the film though.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bishop posted:

everything. Sony being a Japanese company is a technicality nobody cares about

Except the Japanese owners who are beholden to Japanese power dynamics.

Fear is probably that NK would kidnap Japanese or launch a coordinated attack on Japanese infrastructure. With that, you'd have some drat intense pressure from above to pull the movie.

This crosses the rubicon and is the first time a movie has led to threat of cyber attacks, which I'm aware of, and were threats with enough credibility to get the film pulled.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 17, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

my dvd of team america is gonna be worth hella money after they get recalled

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

anyone know what this translates to?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
it's so sad, now we won't get to see the breathtaking scene where the crazy dictator does a zany thing and the cool smart americans are like whaaaaaaa?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
how long until trey parker pens an editorial calling sony a bunch of fags

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

maybe kim will kidnap seth rogan and franco and make them act in a movie where he assassinates them. and then threatens sony into releasing it in every theatre on every screen. and they do it because theyre such pussies

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I didn't really care about this movie before, but now I legit want to check it out.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I planned to get around to watching it someday, hopefully it'll see some kind of release on blu ray or digitally. It'd be weird if they just scrapped releasing it altogether.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Biggest marketing tactic since Gone With the Wind caused the Civil War for sales

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Kuato posted:

I planned to get around to watching it someday, hopefully it'll see some kind of release on blu ray or digitally. It'd be weird if they just scrapped releasing it altogether.

i'll probably leak soon.

it's sony after all.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Indications that NK would some how terrorist the theaters it was playing in *somehow*

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

My Imaginary GF posted:

Except the Japanese owners who are beholden to Japanese power dynamics.
that could also be the missing piece of the story that is not public: pressure from the Japanese government. Still though this is a story about American media. When I checked bbc this was filed as American news, going to go out on an limb and say the DPRK is going to frame it as a victory over America as well

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

redstormpopcorn posted:

72 hours after this picture was taken, he ate that horse.

all of it

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ariong posted:

I didn't really care about this movie before, but now I legit want to check it out.

There's always that element, which makes it easier to pull the plug.

You set up a digital distribution through an unconnected shell, which you have loan your holding all revenue from the movie through Luxembourg, with no intent to pay the loan back nor any need.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Parallax Scroll posted:

my dvd of team america is gonna be worth hella money after they get recalled

supposedly kim jong il watched and liked that movie
he may have been a ruthless oval office but at least he had a sense of humor about it

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
this is legit funny and i am laughing irl

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

lol nobody in this picture is taller than 5'9" in platforms

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Leon Einstein posted:

sony motion pictures of america, u fuckin moron bitch

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Oh no Sony don't cancel the lovely Seth Rogen bro comedy

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Happy happy smile day in NK

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

NK secretly owns all the theater chains in NA

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

THE PENETRATOR posted:

sony motion pictures of america, u fuckin moron bitch

Who the gently caress do they work for? Not that I expect you to know.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
people always saying that hollywood was run by the juche

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

Who the gently caress do they work for? Not that I expect you to know.

the jews. idiot.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Where the torrent at? I didn't want to see this movie until just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

NK doing gods work send them some extra food this month

• Locked thread