Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snagger
Aug 14, 2004
Hola! I've been doing web analytics for a few years now and am happy to share what I know on the code side or reporting side for people who need help with either.

I'm an Adobe Certified Expert in Adobe Analytics (aka Omniture, aka SiteCatalyst), and also officially Adobe trained in Target (aka Test&Target), their A/B testing solution. I've also been running Google Analytics for an agency for a year now, and I hope this thread stays open to all the different packages out there.

Ask away.

[I'll also edit this OP if there are common questions or needs for basic resources]

snagger fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
I work in advertising, so we run every sort of 3rd party tracking imaginable. All I have to say about DFA is that it's suuuuuper annoying that they don't de-dupe multiple requests, even when the cachebuster macro is the same. We have 3rd parties going "b-but the numbers for DFA are twice as high!" and we have to explain every time that sometimes multiple requests happen on our end. Now I'm just bitching about work, aren't I.

snagger
Aug 14, 2004

ambushsabre posted:

I work in advertising, so we run every sort of 3rd party tracking imaginable. All I have to say about DFA is that it's suuuuuper annoying that they don't de-dupe multiple requests, even when the cachebuster macro is the same. We have 3rd parties going "b-but the numbers for DFA are twice as high!" and we have to explain every time that sometimes multiple requests happen on our end. Now I'm just bitching about work, aren't I.

Why are you getting multiple requests? Advertising and DoubleClick are a little outside my wheelhouse, so I'm glad you're here, but your mention of macros along with the symptoms make me wonder if your tag configuration is OK.

• Locked thread