Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
They should've made a media blackout, and completely rebuilt the buildings exactly the same. Everyone in the U.S. Would know what happened, but in a morale crushing move, simply pretend it didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i think we did pretty good. we kicked the poo poo out of iraq and knocked their statue down

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I do because the usa has all these nukes and never uses them and that was p much the perfect opportunity

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
everything i needed to know about buildings i learned on 9/11

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Prawned posted:

I do because the usa has all these nukes and never uses them and that was p much the perfect opportunity

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Prawned posted:

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

If Obama had nuked Iraq after 9/11, everyone would have been bitching about how he's basically become a dictator that does everything by executive order. I think he did the best he could with the congress he had.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Parallax Scroll posted:

i think we did pretty good. we kicked the poo poo out of iraq and knocked their statue down

:agreed:

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007

KierkegaardsHo posted:

If Obama had nuked Iraq after 9/11, everyone would have been bitching about how he's basically become a dictator that does everything by executive order. I think he did the best he could with the congress he had.

lovely thing is, you might be joking but I've had people genuinely express that exact viewpoint.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
We should've arrested Hulk Hogan. Hell we should've at least deported him.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Frijolero posted:

you should unironically kill yourself for expressing anti-Hulk Hogan sentiment.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It was dumb af but the Onion headline on Sept 11, 2001 was :lol:

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
USA should have nuked Saudi Arabia and the hospital in Pakistan where Bin Laden was convalescing at the time.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
We got to kill people so it worked out i guess

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I know it's not politically correct but maybe they should have gone in killed all the males over say 12 and round everyone else up to sell to china or whoever as slaves. The world wouldn't have to deal with the poo poo hole that is Afghanistan and it could be turned into a spring break destination or something.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
at least saddam paid the price for doin 9.11

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
bin laden was the guy who stands behind and to the side of america and taps it on the opposite shoulder which makes america turn and punch out the guy who's actually on that side

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I feel like flipping the gently caress out and kicking the collective asses of the guys who did it along with everyone who looked even a little bit like them was a pretty cool response. That kind of mental, completely disproportionate response is sure to make our enemies think twice before screwing with us!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Frijolero posted:

Terrorists tried to get Hogan at Fort Benning,

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

you should unironically kill yourself for expressing anti-Hulk Hogan sentiment.

He's trying to shift blame from Will Smith

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

should have nuked the saudis

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im gonna 9/11 my dick in your rear end in a top hat, op

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it should be free slurpee day everyday, thats MY response to 7/11

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
watch obama end a loving war

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wow thanks for the feedback you shitlords

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and had no weapons of mass destruction. So... why is it that Bush decided to gently caress that country up?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtrX9rZl-j4

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

They should've made a media blackout, and completely rebuilt the buildings exactly the same. Everyone in the U.S. Would know what happened, but in a morale crushing move, simply pretend it didn't.

I was going to argue with you but you're right, this is even better. Maybe we could have photoshopped a postcard of a guy smiling and waving in front of the still-standing towers, write THANKS FOR THE PLANES!! XOXOX on the back and send it to Afghanistan with a nice fruit basket

lfield
May 10, 2008

Kanthulhu posted:

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and had no weapons of mass destruction. So... why is it that Bush decided to gently caress that country up?

um he spoke to god and god told him it was the right thing to do

nobody knows their history any more

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Flagrant Abuse posted:

bin laden was the guy who stands behind and to the side of america and taps it on the opposite shoulder which makes america turn and punch out the guy who's actually on that side

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
after 9/11 we spent trillions of dollars on unnecessary bullshit, invaded countries that had nothing to do with it in order to cause more people to become terrorists and hate the US, and we took a steaming poo poo all over the rights of citizens (PATRIOT act and poo poo)

I think the terrorists won

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The point of going into iraq was to destabilize the Sunni Shiite thing. Its like a giant fly catcher, we let them kill each other there and they dont try to kil us here. Look, they even leave here to go fight there. Sure we killed countless civilians because of this policy but who cares - they are poor and brown. Mission accomplished. Oh and butt torture just because.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Kanthulhu posted:

Enormous handouts of cash money to defense contractors.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Kanthulhu posted:

because saddam tried to kill his daddy

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Cheney literally said gently caress you we gonna spark thousand year old hatred over dees buildings.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

after 9/11 we spent trillions of dollars on unnecessary bullshit, invaded countries that had nothing to do with it in order to cause more people to become terrorists and hate the US, and we took a steaming poo poo all over the rights of citizens (PATRIOT act and poo poo)

I think the terrorists won

hmmm yes having your country reduced to rubble while you continue to blow up your own countrymen over petty religious reasons sure sounds like victory to me

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
remind us all again which of the countries we reduced to rubble were behind 9/11?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mustang posted:

hmmm yes having your country reduced to rubble while you continue to blow up your own countrymen over petty religious reasons sure sounds like victory to me

a pyrrhic victory to be sure

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mustang posted:

are we talking about america or iraq here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have to go to work pretty soon but a good thread would be "Iraq or Detroit" and post pictures of both and make people guess where the rubble and destruction is

• Locked thread