Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
On D what's the pre snap option to adjust the secondary? Used to be able to do that didn't you? I can't seem to find it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

To bring up the secondary adjustments, you want to press triangle as you always have. The left stick still has the regular options of Give Cushion, Show Blitz, Press, and Base Align. This year, the right joystick has 4 new adjustments.

(Triangle then) Up on the right joystick makes your defenders play over the top of the receivers
(Triangle then) Down on the right stick makes your defenders play underneath the receivers
(Triangle then) Right on the right stick makes your defenders shade inside
(Triangle then) Left on on the right stick makes your defenders shade outside
(Triangle then) Triangle tells your defense to protect sticks (aka protect the first down)

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

And now for the follow up... is it possible to make the pre snap adjustments without moving my targeted player?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They secondary adjustments are global. You can have a lineman selected (or whoever) and the same adjustment will affect every DB.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Some reason I completely missed the triangle pre snap options.

But I'm wondering how to do the pre snap stuff without actually moving my player. Example, tell lb's to show blitz I think is L -down. Which causes my line man to stand up and take a step forward. Anyway around that?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Use the Dpad for all left stick inputs. It'll register the adjustment without moving the player.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Awesome thanks!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So my rookie WR just set the single game yards mark for a WR.

Not bad for his 2nd NFL game. Ever.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 22, 2014

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005
i can probably play tomorrow after mnf

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Stat cheesing isn't cool, even if it's a promising rookie.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It was a shootout that took me OT to win, mostly because of bad picks in the red zone. Yes, I was targeting my #1 WR a lot, but he had more then one huge play off those 10 yard hitch plays where the DB got toasted and there was no safety to stop him down the sideline.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

I have to work tomorrow night until 11 pm EST, I have Monday off but I have my wifes christmas party and might be done by 10 or 11 EST.
Hey I'm most likely playing my fantasy league game at 10:30est, if you can play between like 11:10-1am that would be cool

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Paperback Writer posted:

Hey I'm most likely playing my fantasy league game at 10:30est, if you can play between like 11:10-1am that would be cool

That will work for me, I'll hop on after the work party and whenever you are done with your other game you can just message me.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
I'm going to be gone from Wednesday - Friday. Are we planning on advancing to week 3/4 this week?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Lost against CPU because my WRs were all red/yellow vs Marshell CPU :negative: that god drat interception :argh:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm home Paperback just let me know when you are ready to go.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Played the worst game I have so far, I'm so sick of warping defensive backs.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I was playing really bad too(we punted it like 7 times in the first quarter), it was anyone's game until Reece's 66 yard draw run up the middle. Carr only had 100 yards passing because I couldn't handle your pass rush, first game where my run game did more than passing I think. Liking the 3-prong attack of DMC-Murray-Reece I've been experimenting with this season.

Steelers 10 - 24 Raiders, with 14 coming in the 4th.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Paperback Writer posted:

I was playing really bad too(we punted it like 7 times in the first quarter), it was anyone's game until Reece's 66 yard draw run up the middle. Carr only had 100 yards passing because I couldn't handle your pass rush, first game where my run game did more than passing I think. Liking the 3-prong attack of DMC-Murray-Reece I've been experimenting with this season.

Steelers 10 - 24 Raiders, with 14 coming in the 4th.

By the 4th quarter I lost focus and went for it on 4th down. It was a stupid decision even though I hit Bell right in the face and was pissed.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Looks like Houston-Jax is the only one we're waiting on?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Looks like Houston-Jax is the only one we're waiting on?

I couldn't get a hold of Jax

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Can I get a decision on Jacksonville by like noon today? I need to get this game done before I dip out for a few days at 2:00.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Are we even sure someone's been playing as Jax? I sure can't remember it

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Paperback Writer posted:

Are we even sure someone's been playing as Jax? I sure can't remember it

It was the dude who was complaining about having to play CPU games iirc

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Merry Christmas Madden buddies ;D

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005
i posted asking if you could play after mnf and didn't get a reply until yesterday, if yall are just waiting just play against the cpu jags

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

We're on schedule for this week. Work something out and get the game in when you can.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Happy holidaze guys! I gifted myself a Vita and have no use for this borderlands 2 + 6 DLC code.

So to my Madden family first come first serve: 2F4T-FFN4-44NH

Post if you take it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

leonlai86 posted:

i posted asking if you could play after mnf and didn't get a reply until yesterday, if yall are just waiting just play against the cpu jags

Can you guys get together to figure something out or what?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Can you guys get together to figure something out or what?

Dude just Sim it if you're anxious. Or AP me. I'll be home tomorrow and will try to get this in if he's available.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

Dude just Sim it if you're anxious. Or AP me. I'll be home tomorrow and will try to get this in if he's available.

Im leaning towards you guys have til tomorrow night because the psn outage kinda poo poo on you guys matching up.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Also, should probably mention we are approaching that time of year for bizzarro league. End of season rosters are approaching!

The only rule for bizzarro is you cannot take the same team you took for main league; mixes it up and makes it really fun. Dibs on the Cardinals.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
^^ Rams!

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Bills baby, billllllls

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Dibs on Bizzarro Packers

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Giants!!!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'll be Seattle

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dubious posted:

Also, should probably mention we are approaching that time of year for bizzarro league. End of season rosters are approaching!

The only rule for bizzarro is you cannot take the same team you took for main league; mixes it up and makes it really fun. Dibs on the Cardinals.

I have no idea what this means

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
I call the Panthers. Cam all dayyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

I have no idea what this means

We start a new league at the end of the season with the updated rosters because its fun and ~tradition~

E: in now way means main league goes away, fyi

• Locked thread