Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

psyopmonkey posted:

I tried to read most of that. But, then I realized what im doing.

I am gonna go back to eating my 13 bean soup.

Its a much better use of my time.

:colbert:

Plz list all the beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

While I am not sure if a man’s act of sitting with legs widespread necessarily constitutes sexual harassment, it is inconsiderate, vaguely domineering, and it is a symptom of a greater problem in many societies: Consciously or not, many men frequently feel entitled–entitled to others’ personal space, entitled to success, entitled to money, entitled to jobs, entitled to things that do not naturally belong to them. Men in most societies are socialized in entirely the wrong ways, and this isn’t always illustrated necessarily by overt sexism, but often by microaggression.

And while some may argue that it’s not sexual harassment per se, it’s definitely (oft-unconscious) sexual aggression, which may be where women are coming from when they label it as a form of harassment.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I like to spread my legs on the bus, lock eyes with the nearest woman, grin, and then point both thumbs at my crotch while nodding.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
Black entitlement.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

"My feets is tired, but my organic hemp fairly traded backpack is at rest on the seat beside me."

-- Brittany Cooper, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Viridiant posted:

I like to spread my legs on the bus, lock eyes with the nearest woman, grin, and then point both thumbs at my crotch while nodding.

I do this but instead of the grinning I get a frantic look on my face and wail "OOOOH I GOTTA PEE PEE SO BAD."

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

she and lindy west should form a fat priv-fighting duo, but white feminists can't even get along with black feminists so heh nope

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Brittany Cooper is a "click bait" author. She makes sensationalist headlines and statements, and relies on outraged people to come and comment on her stories.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I was sitting on a train and a great big fat man came in with like 3 bags if groceries and took up like 4 seats and this lady asked if he could sit down and he said no so I gave her my seat but now I realize it might have been some racist ploy to keep the black man down thanks for illuminating this, op.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Buschmaki posted:

I was sitting on a train and a great big fat man came in with like 3 bags if groceries and took up like 4 seats and this lady asked if he could sit down and he said no so I gave her my seat but now I realize it might have been some racist ploy to keep the black man down thanks for illuminating this, op.

Giving a woman your seat is definitely sexist it was only racist if one of them was black or there was a black person watching.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I am black and they were both white.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm sorry, honkies.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
That's a tough one then, still, maybe

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
If some sjw type pulled this poo poo with me, I'd say all of the horrible things they were hoping I'd say because they cannot affect my work or anything. What I'm saying is if they want to increase their hits then they need to inconvenience me in some way.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm really tough.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Ramsus posted:

I'm really tough.

I always took you out with the super nail gun or the rocket launcher. Youre not so tough, mister!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

More proof that trains are the Devil's Conveyance

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
this WHITE homeless man took up the WHOLE train with his privilege stink and had the NERVE to ask me for change.

you make a dollar for every 77 cents i do, oppressor!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Chard posted:

More proof that trains are the Devil's Conveyance

which is why ayn rand made the hero of atlas shrugged a train magnate

(i think? haven't read it, only heard about it)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gay Roads posted:

which is why ayn rand made the hero of atlas shrugged a train magnate

(i think? haven't read it, only heard about it)

the cliff notes is that helping people is gay and being rich rules

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

the cliff notes is that helping people is gay and being rich rules

anything about trains in there?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

This is going to be the name of my first album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
The white man in the picture by the article doesn't even have blue eyes. Not much of a white man is he? He is basically black.

• Locked thread