Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seriously they have been hacked multiple times over the last few years and they seem to not actually secure their network very well! PSN got hacked, the movies got hacked, everything at Sony is on open networks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drfishback
Nov 5, 2009
Hacked by N. Korea is a deep dark shame,*laughs at Sony*

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Hows that xbone look now

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Like four or five more times honest.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did anyone watch 'the interview' yet? is it worth downloading for free?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
as long as jason spaltro keeps working there and getting paid $400k+ to be incompetent they're gonna keep getting hacked

http://www.cio.com/article/2439324/risk-management/your-guide-to-good-enough-compliance.html

he was like "well you can figure out how much you can lose by hacking and decide if securing things is worth it or not and at sony we decided it's not worth it" lol what a rube

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seriously they have been hacked multiple times over the last few years and they seem to not actually secure their network very well! PSN got hacked, the movies got hacked, everything at Sony is on open networks.
Weren't they previously DDoSed, not hacked?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

a creepy colon posted:

did anyone watch 'the interview' yet? is it worth downloading for free?

its got seth rogen and james franco in it so unless youre some kind of tcc stereotype

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think if Sony started funding its own personal army it could beat the poo poo out of N Korea.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FogHelmut posted:

its got seth rogen and james franco in it so unless youre some kind of tcc stereotype

you dont like seth rogen?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Lowtax posted:

Weren't they previously DDoSed, not hacked?

Nah, hackers made off with a bunch of encrypted payment info from PSN a few years back

e: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network_outage

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Kinda hoping those hackers just release all their poo poo anyway, make an example out of them.

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
I hope Seth Rogen assasinates irl

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this is why i dont have a ps4. them fools is incompetent

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

the article posted:

Spaltro argued that if his people had to remember those nonintuitive passwords, they’d most likely write them down on sticky notes and post them on their monitors. And how secure would that be?

considerably more you idiot, in order for an attacker to make use of monitor sticky notes they have to actually be able to walk into your building and make it past your secretaries/building security. by contrast practically anyone on the planet with spare time and hardware can use a botnet and dictionary cracker

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

in the 80s a korean hacked my walkman

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Drfishback posted:

Hacked by N. Korea is a deep dark shame,*laughs at Sony*

not really, if a country puts all its resources into hacking instead of feeding the population.

the us is able to do both at the same time. unfortunately too well.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Rambling Robot posted:

not really, if a country puts all its resources into hacking instead of feeding the population.

North Korea spends a hilariously large amount (comparatively) on cyber warfare and despite the "LOL N.K can has computers" comments you see pretty often, they are quite adept at it. When you pay (force) someone to sit in a room all day (every day) and brute force different programs, operating systems, and network protocols, you can and will find ways to make trouble for people who are not extra-vigilant in their e-security.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

ashgromnies posted:

as long as jason spaltro keeps working there and getting paid $400k+ to be incompetent they're gonna keep getting hacked

http://www.cio.com/article/2439324/risk-management/your-guide-to-good-enough-compliance.html

he was like "well you can figure out how much you can lose by hacking and decide if securing things is worth it or not and at sony we decided it's not worth it" lol what a rube

Wow what a genius. Let me do an interview for an article about not being compliant with security standards etc. That could never hurt my company in a court case later!

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Rambling Robot posted:

Kimchi paid hackers.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
so wait was it really noko or what because i mean..... i thought they were a backwards feudal anarchy-history park?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Roki B posted:

so wait was it really noko or what because i mean..... i thought they were a backwards feudal anarchy-history park?

not at all.

there is even a nk copy of the 'comedy' forum somethingawful called somethingjuche.

kim is a huge fan.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
He's huge alright

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

ashgromnies posted:

yea his literal quote was "I will not spend $10 million to save a $1 million loss" so my guess is they're not gonna change poo poo

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Any goons wanna fake the release of "The Interview" to try to fool north korea into thinking that it was actually released just to see what they do? Come they are in North Korea I bet its not hard at all to fool them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I'm starting to wonder if I've wasted the 2 years and $35M I've spent developing a PS4 game where you hold down Kim Jong Un and färt on him

• Locked thread