Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Here is a thread to talk about the worst Christmas gift you've ever received. It's the thought that counts? I don't think so. Last year my brother bought me season one of 12 oz Mouse .... On iTunes! Thanks bro, now I have to let crapple gently caress me in the rear end with DRM to watch the show. And I have a roku, not an Apple TV!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I got one of those loving POX games when I was 13.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My two front teeth

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Pair of argyle socks and a stick of deodorant. I was 9.

e: It was Secret. :gay:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
got a pair of finger nail clippers from my wife's rich aunt one year

thanks

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

My two front teeth

Were they extracted in your sleep and presented to you in a velvet lined box

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Salt. Yes, Salt. Not even Morton's, but a generic container of salt. It came from my grandmother. She was losing it pretty heavily by that point. She somehow made the connection that I was studying chemistry and that salt was a chemical...

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
one of my aunts was an arts and craftsy type and she bought sweatpant/sweatshirt combos for all of the kids and painted glittery dog glamor shots on them. All of my cousins were forced to change into them I politely refused lol. I did get a good laugh out of my dad when my mom said "Well it's the thought that counts" and I replied "If only more thought had been put into it."

Because every 13 year old by wants a glitter dog matching sweatshirt/pants combo instead of something fun or cool, or hell even a sports team version.

Edit: When my grandpa started getting senile he'd give me all sorts of skymall/airport gift shop quality weird poo poo. Combination nail clipper/flashlight/am radio? That's perfect! It all invariably went into the garbage when I got home because putting batteries in them constituted a fire hazard at worst and a complete waste of a battery at worse.

The most useful gift he gave by that point was an alarm clock with a projector from the sharper image. It projected the time onto the ceiling, and was also too bright (I have blackout curtains I like poo poo dark). I taped over the projector part and used that as my primary alarm clock for years.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 18, 2014

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp

Rhymenoserous posted:

one of my aunts was an arts and craftsy type and she bought sweatpant/sweatshirt combos for all of the kids and painted glittery dog glamor shots on them. All of my cousins were forced to change into them I politely refused lol. I did get a good laugh out of my dad when my mom said "Well it's the thought that counts" and I replied "If only more thought had been put into it."

Because every 13 year old by wants a glitter dog matching sweatshirt/pants combo instead of something fun or cool, or hell even a sports team version.

gently caress you.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

My two front teeth

your blowjobs have gotten worse

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

BASF posted:

gently caress you.

show us a picture of your artfair booth selling glitter dog t-shirts.

oak meadows
Aug 9, 2014

With each post I strive to improve my technique
Every Christmas my dad tries to give me a bag of pot and Every Christmas I tell him I don't smoke. I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't care about your "heady" bullshit. I really would prefer no gift at all to you shoving drugs in my face. Thanks.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Bacon Deodorant, Bacon Soap, and a Bacon t-shirt. I made the mistake of getting heavily into bacon after discovering Bacon Salt soon before "epic bacon" started and bacon novelty products started getting sold everywhere.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

From my best friend of 3 years who I shared all my secrets with (we were 23-25 or so at the time), I received a desk set dictionary/thesaurus, a pair of ugly earrings, and a basket of scented bath stuff.

1. I bought the SAME SET through our work supply catalog FOR WORK... if I wanted a personal set I could have ordered one. SHE could have ordered it through work and gotten it free. WTF?

2. She knew the problems I had with my pierced ears and how they were unevenly aligned and I just gave up and let them close up. In addition, the type of closure would never, ever work with the misaligned holes I had even if they hadn't closed up. She knew this, she was with me when I was lusting over sapphire earrings and WHY I wouldn't buy them, because I couldn't get them in. WTF?

3. I get migraines from scents. I get migraines from scents. I GET MIGRAINES! FROM SCENTS!!!!

It was the most depressing and disappointing Xmas. I'd gotten her chocolates made with her favorite wine, and some other personalized bullshit.

I hate receiving presents because it's always so disappointing. Nothing horrifically hurtful like what she did there, but in general I get cheap, ugly things that have no bearing on my life or interests. I'm old enough to buy what I want, when I want it. I don't need "gifts."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oak meadows posted:

Every Christmas my dad tries to give me a bag of pot and Every Christmas I tell him I don't smoke. I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't care about your "heady" bullshit. I really would prefer no gift at all to you shoving drugs in my face. Thanks.

How does it feel to be the most boring person on earth?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

oak meadows posted:

your poor dad has a gay son

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Bunch of spoiled shits ITT

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm always thankful that someone would go through the effort to spend money and time on my behalf.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

A few years ago my dad threw in a bulk package of those peanut butter crackers with the other crap he got me. It was during that outbreak of salmonella in peanut butter. Thanks for the shits pop.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Rhymenoserous posted:

dude i would rock the gently caress out of that

content: blow up doll

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
A bunch of matchbox + hot wheels cars. Cool enough right? Well, the paint was chipped on most of them, and some of them had bent wheels, a few of the axels were actually bent so badly that the friction between the wheel arch and the wheel was such that the wheels wouldn't turn at all. Still, fixing them all up and putting them on ebay made for a good project and I made a little bit out money out of it, so there's that I suppose.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Here is a thread to talk about the worst Christmas gift you've ever received. It's the thought that counts? I don't think so. Last year my brother bought me season one of 12 oz Mouse .... On iTunes! Thanks bro, now I have to let crapple gently caress me in the rear end with DRM to watch the show. And I have a roku, not an Apple TV!!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

I.N.R.I posted:

A bunch of matchbox + hot wheels cars. Cool enough right? Well, the paint was chipped on most of them, and some of them had bent wheels, a few of the axels were actually bent so badly that the friction between the wheel arch and the wheel was such that the wheels wouldn't turn at all. Still, fixing them all up and putting them on ebay made for a good project and I made a little bit out money out of it, so there's that I suppose.

were you like 30 when you got them?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

and a one month gym membership.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

The 5th Foid posted:

Id be happy to make a fyad/showerthoughts thread if there's any interst

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: im taking a poo poo in the toilet :siren:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Smash it Smash hit posted:

were you like 30 when you got them?

Not even close. Try 23.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

oak meadows posted:

You suck.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
A colon in a zip lock bag, and a Dr pops out of a wrapped box under the tree and says "Youre gonna need a new one very soon, or youre dead."

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 19, 2014

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014

oak meadows posted:

I'd be happy to take it off your hands for you.

OT: nothing. I received literally nothing for Christmas last year.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

oak meadows posted:

Sell the pot you idiot

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

BASF posted:

gently caress you.

What he said was mean but you really shouldn't talk to your nephew like that

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Marmalade.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Actually it was pretty good marmalade :shrug:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
double ended dildo when your family know youre single

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I got a rock

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Iron Prince posted:

double ended dildo when your family know youre single

If it's long enough you can stick one end in your butt and the other end in your dick hole.

#lifehacks #navy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
welp looks like the family is getting good ol fashioned case oof the :siren: SHITS!!!! :siren: im gonna need to find the right toilet for this, but drat PTSD makes it a little harder (And I don't eman my drat continois boner!) haha gotta go,,,,,,,,

• Locked thread