Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you jelly you had to pay for college
yes
no
hand-egg lol i am original
i bought city name sports team apparel
View Results

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

meanwhile you're spending $500 a month for 25 years paying your student loans lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
scholarship revoked after redshirting freshman year.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
college football programs generate millions of dollars of revenue

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

college football programs generate millions of dollars of revenue

for the program, this doesn't get distributed to the rah-rah suckers blacking out in the stands

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
of course

people don't pay to watch the people in the stands

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
no i'm not!!! you are, maybe!! idiot!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
then become a college football coach dumbass

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

FogHelmut posted:

for the program, this doesn't get distributed to the rah-rah suckers blacking out in the stands

Really you care about the fans and not about the people actually playing football?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Ein cooler Typ posted:

of course

people don't pay to watch the people in the stands

isn't like 5% of all football broadcasts shots of fans in the stands? Someone post that breakdown of a game's camera time.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
If Mike Ditka can become a legendary football coach, then literally anyone can

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
don't underestimate the upper administrators. the people who are in charge of "global initiatives" and other things that sound nice but don't actually involve real work can get paid ungodly amounts too, well over a million per year. the higher ups love to enrich themselves and their buddies at colleges, just the same as in a corporation.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

umm why should it get distributed to the people in the stands?

OP's an idiot, everybody move on

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
If somebody offered me a job as a college football coach I would take it despite knowing very little about how to coach football!

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
supply and demand

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Smoking_Dragon posted:

If somebody offered me a job as a college football coach I would take it despite knowing very little about how to coach football!
get the ball to the guy who can run fast

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How else would I get to watch women's rowing without football?

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Daedra posted:

get the ball to the guy who can run fast

Yell at people and wear an old hat.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Smoking_Dragon posted:

Yell at people and wear an old hat.
*stares intensely at playchart during timeout, call same play as before that didnt work*

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
What's the point of them even being associated with colleges? They bring in enough money to be financially independent of the school (which they don't share anyway), the kids are only there to play football and are often getting kicked off the team for flunking, and aren't they going to have to start paying the players anyway soon? Is it just because the NFL requires players to go to college?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
the there boy sure can run

drat look at him go

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Booties posted:

isn't like 5% of all football broadcasts shots of fans in the stands? Someone post that breakdown of a game's camera time.

idk but the TFF crowd shot gif thread is consistently more entertaining than the people-actually-playing-the-football gif thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661640 seriously the people at these games are fascinating

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gaaaaaaay

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

FogHelmut posted:

meanwhile you're spending $500 a month for 25 years paying your student loans lol

i just don't pay them lol. like, there's no such thing as debtor's prison, so there is literally nothing they can do to force me to pay.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
"college is better because they play for the love of hte game"

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The majority of the highest paid public employees in the USA are either college football or basketball coaches. A few medical school heads sneak into the top but by and large it's people in charge of ruining "student athletes" bodies for the profit of the college. Go team! :thurman:

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

We are a savage nation.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you don't flee the country after graduating

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
While that's a funny thing about college football, another funny thing is the student athletes don't get paid any money to play. The funniest thing of all, imo, is that the college owns the likeness of the players and the players are prohibited from profiting from their own identity. Like they'e lovingly rendered in the next EA NCAA game but a lot of the kids don't even get a free copy of the game or their jerseys are sold and they get nothing for it. It's p funny.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

MegaGatts posted:

While that's a funny thing about college football, another funny thing is the student athletes don't get paid any money to play. The funniest thing of all, imo, is that the college owns the likeness of the players and the players are prohibited from profiting from their own identity. Like they'e lovingly rendered in the next EA NCAA game but a lot of the kids don't even get a free copy of the game or their jerseys are sold and they get nothing for it. It's p funny.

Also if players get injured, or just don't fit with the coach's plans for the team, they can be dropped from the team (without medical expenses being covered) and have their scholarship dropped even if they have a 4.0 GPA.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Fullhouse posted:

idk but the TFF crowd shot gif thread is consistently more entertaining than the people-actually-playing-the-football gif thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661640 seriously the people at these games are fascinating

I just stumbled across that thread today too. Baseball crowd gifs are way better than football. I saw one of a lady at a Phillies game putting a ridiculous amount of zinc cream on her lips. It loops perfectly so it never stops. I remember seeing it live and the camera just cut away and the commentators were tripped up for a brief moment.

I live in that brief moment for all of time.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
All you had to do was study hard in school and not be white and you could have gone to school for free. It's not that hard.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

i just don't pay them lol. like, there's no such thing as debtor's prison, so there is literally nothing they can do to force me to pay.

Go on...

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
student loans are for fags unable or unwilling to do their patriotic duty

college sports are for the same people probably

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

ya as long as you can live on literally nothing when they put a lien on all your bank accounts/property this is a great idea. also since you are in a position where paying back $10/month on your student loan for the next 1000 years is problematic you don't have to worry about the huge red mark on your credit report for not only not paying, but for having liens out on you

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

uG posted:

ya as long as you can live on literally nothing when they put a lien on all your bank accounts/property this is a great idea. also since you are in a position where paying back $10/month on your student loan for the next 1000 years is problematic you don't have to worry about the huge red mark on your credit report for not only not paying, but for having liens out on you

its not a prison if its not literally an american steel bars prison

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Booties posted:

I just stumbled across that thread today too. Baseball crowd gifs are way better than football. I saw one of a lady at a Phillies game putting a ridiculous amount of zinc cream on her lips. It loops perfectly so it never stops. I remember seeing it live and the camera just cut away and the commentators were tripped up for a brief moment.

I live in that brief moment for all of time.

All crowd gifs are excellent. Baseball has yankeesfans.gif which deserves to be in a museum, college football has tons of pretty white girls looking extremely sad (my fetish), basketball has these guys

and lots of other goodies

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MegaGatts posted:

players, at least here, also aren't allowed to have jobs because the sports dpt feels employers could give them more money than they deserve because they happen to like the team

lol

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
THROW THE GOD drat FOOTBALL TO THE FAST BLACK GUY THAT GUY IS SICK AS HELL YOU GOD drat PANSY

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

uG posted:

its not a prison if its not literally an american steel bars prison

And filing taxes becomes a challenge, refund lol. If you don't pay taxes you will be in a steel bar prison too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MegaGatts posted:

Didn't this recently change?

• Locked thread