Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
melody
Oct 11, 2009
My lovely Blue Heeler and I are making our way from the sad desolation of south Texas to the glorious Pacific Northwest!

What is the best way to get my dog from point a to point b? I will be taking a bus, more than likely, because it's cheap and I want to enjoy the scenic drive while crammed up with a bunch of strangers for three days. But you can't take a dog on a bus. I have heard tell you can put your dog into a crate and onto a plane, but that scares the ever-loving daylights out of me, given the horror stories I have heard from friends and the news. Also she has a tendency to piss all over her crate when left there for very long. And she gets motion sickness. It's a problem.

Is there a better alternative to putting my dog on a plane and allowing a stranger to make sure she gets to her final destination safely? Do I really have that much to be scared of?
Any first-hand accounts of moving your pets across the country are welcome. I want to know what I'm getting myself into, here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If you have a driver's license you'd do better to just drive it (in a rental car if necessary). Cargo shipping is expensive, even when it's just within the US.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

I've flown with my dogs from Chicago to Maui to go on vacation with me for a week. It's not so bad, but you have to deal with the cost of flying them and you're going to need an airline approved kennel.

edit: my beagle exhausted after playing/sniffing on the side of Haleakala all day

feld fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 7, 2015

• Locked thread