Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
The Miller one with lime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Normal Beer, for When you Just Want to Do a Thing Y'know?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

alcohol kills germs

#LABELOUT

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Michelob Ultra, the Exceptional Light Beer, is in the fridge :smug:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Stumptown Dental Surgery Hextuple IPA

Ol' Overhopped Imperial Mouth Ruination

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm sneering the gently caress down at most of you right now

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The contents of my mini fridge next to my computer desk at home include:

-ironic low quality beer
-an IPA
-something local
-ironic whalez level uber rare beer hidden in the back to age for 4 years
-my own piss in a jar

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
im drinking all the doppelbocks

all of them

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
low level beer need not be ironic, spanlove. u just need good company and a will to believe, and it can be sincere as anything

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
TNT EIGHT PERCENT EXTRA STONG

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
There is a time for every beer, and a season for every alcohol under the heavens

except wild irish rose, that stuff is criminal

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Low carb or die

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Anyhting under 8% is for pusseies

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
drinking?

is that what we doin tonight?

we?

drinking?

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
alcohol, the socially acceptable addiction

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This afternoon i'm gonna go see if that one ABC near the retirement villages still has some BCBS and even still they'll probably have a bunch of other ridiculously high tier poo poo for no reason

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Do people really like IPAs or do they just like the idea of liking them? They are gross and everyone knew they were gross when they were invented, they just didn't have any other way to long-haul ship beers at the time.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-30500372
What's your drinking nationality?

mine is namibia.

IPAs are interesting, like a lovely arthouse movie that gets you laid. Instead of laid you get drunk. At least thats my opinion.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

If you drank like this every week, in a year you would consume:
beer 1,300
wine 104
spirits 312
Your drinking habits are unlike the average from any country.

But your closest match on overall consumption alone is Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

BossRighteous posted:

Do people really like IPAs or do they just like the idea of liking them? They are gross and everyone knew they were gross when they were invented, they just didn't have any other way to long-haul ship beers at the time.

some are really gross but there's a few that are tolerable. it's not a taste for everyone.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

What's a good enough IPA I should try? They are all the rage in my town and it's embarrassing to ask for bud light.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I don't know what the gently caress has been up with me lately, but for the past month or two, I'm absolutely repulsed by all craft/fancy beer. I used to love IPA's and strong dark ales and all that other bullshit, gently caress I even brewed a few batches with friends. Unfortunately I just can't stand it anymore. The last few times I've drank beers, I just get a PBR or bud or some clear yellow crap because at least it tastes like refreshing liquid.

I have a fridge full of victory hop devil and I have no desire to touch it.

Should I kill my self? Switch to whiskey?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I only have a few shots of Crown no beer

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Voltage posted:

I don't know what the gently caress has been up with me lately, but for the past month or two, I'm absolutely repulsed by all craft/fancy beer. I used to love IPA's and strong dark ales and all that other bullshit, gently caress I even brewed a few batches with friends. Unfortunately I just can't stand it anymore. The last few times I've drank beers, I just get a PBR or bud or some clear yellow crap because at least it tastes like refreshing liquid.

I went through the same thing starting about a year ago. I used to cycle through all of the local crafts, have my brother in law send me down crafts from Ontario, etc... but then I became sick of hops, spices, and high alcohol and started drinking Coors and Michelob and other ice cold ~4% macros and haven't gone back since.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Kill yourself with whiskey, it's pretty fun.

I'm a simple man wrt. beer. All I need is a nice, cold pilsner to kill a thirst.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
yingling is cool and all, but it tastes like poo poo

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Just got into the Atlanta airport and orders a yuengling at the bar. It is tasty

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i drank it at this one bar that had dollar slices of pizza and dollar beers but i just can't stand it any more and would rather spend a little more for a beer

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
lets all drink beer to froget about our responsibilities.

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
man i'm drunk lol i dont give a gently caress

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
^
the average alcoholic

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
you sound fun

sketch_nimrod