Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i get sad before i fall asleep. i am full of regret and pain. falling asleep is easily the highlight of my entire day? any other fellow goons HAVE THAT FEEL!? :)

i am convinced i am in hell :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
:) me too op! i hope i die lol

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's like a prerequisite to be here

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
The past just makes me angry because I can't change it so I focus on the future which throws me into a fit of anxiety and rage until I drift off with the aliums and living under da sea.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
real talk op i would nominate u as best new poster

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
get some loving ambien dude

DrKincaid
Apr 17, 2008
I can only imagine you going to sleep with your face being like Vince Macmahon as the sad thoughts flood your brain.

I usually pass out from loads of alcohol or diphenhydramine hcl if I'm somewhere getting drunk is frowned upon.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
get real good at video games

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

i think of nothing but losing my family members and eventually dying its super dope

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

No, the sadness occurs throughout the day. The point before falling asleep is generally appreciation of the fact that I'll soon be unconscious.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
hahaha naw i don't have any mental problems. i post on an internet forum every day because i'm normal lmbo

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

DrKincaid posted:

I can only imagine you going to sleep with your face being like Vince Macmahon as the sad thoughts flood your brain.

I usually pass out from loads of alcohol or diphenhydramine hcl if I'm somewhere getting drunk is frowned upon.

if you mix diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate with alcohol fun things will happen!

also the macmahon face only happens when i'm jerking off or thinking about the end of all life

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
before bed i go around the neighborhood eating different flowers out of ppls gardens and then i come home and have fever dreams about being a ghost and i throw up a lot and my skin is turning yellow and i feel like im dying its a blast

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I get annoyed because I don't want to sleep.
Sleep is boring.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I get pretty euphoric actually OP, and not because I'm intelligent or anything, but because sleep owns and I always have vivid dreams and sleep like 9 hours a night and wake up super refreshed.

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

before bed i go around the neighborhood eating different flowers out of ppls gardens and then i come home and have fever dreams about being a ghost and i throw up a lot and my skin is turning yellow and i feel like im dying its a blast

If I wasn't doing what I'm already doing this would be my second choice.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

no OP, I fall asleep with a smile on my face safe in the knowledge that some day I will die

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't know you well enough to post my secret falling asleep emotions and ideations.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i have nightmares about endless abstract geometrical landscapes of mile high spikes placed inches apart from each other. i'm soaring over the spikes in disembodied form and i live in endless terror that i'll come back into my body and fall into the hell i've created for myself in my own mind

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Oftentimes because I am absent minded I forget whether or not I took my sleep meds, so sometimes I'll take like 3 by mistake and sleep for 12 hours, pretty sure I'm going to die one of these days.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
my favorite dreams are when im falling down into a black pit and someday i hope i wont wake up in time and i will land on jagged spikes and die :)

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I lie down and wish I hadn't built a bed completely out of money it's so heavy and cold and uncomfortable in every position.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i get sad BEFORE i fall asleep. i am genuinely relieved when it finally starts happening! my only regret is having to wakeup haha :)

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
goodnight goons

except fandyien! gently caress that guy!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I always dream I'm in super familiar places that aren't actually familiar, like last night I had this dream about this rolling hillside driving down the road with all these places I swear I always see in my dreams, but somehow I doubt this is the case.
I was looking for a pool I had been swimming in at midnight the night before, there was an endless ocean on the other side of it and the water was cool. I was gonna meet my friend Paul there and swim but despite driving by the exact location where I swore it was I couldn't find it.

Trying to find places that seemingly don't exist despite me being certain I am at the exact spot are super common in my dreams.
At first these dreams are pleasant, but a slow burn of malevolence slowly takes over and I become filled with dread and anxiety, people in my dreams at this point slowly become more negative and critical of me, and the roads and environment steadily become more confusing and I constantly wind up in the same spot even more distant from the place I am trying to find.

My dreams are always subtly nightmarish Blue Velvet style labyrinths of faux serenity.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
good night op and rest of thread. i hope our wishes come true and we do not wake up ever again :)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
NO!!! :)

yes...

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I mean it sounds great and all, but let. me. tell. you.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
just take like 3 hours before bed to smoke lots of weed and watch bad tv. if you smoke enough you stop thinking about things then pass out into a dreamless sleep. it's great.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sometimes I dream that my hair and skin are falling off in great clumps, no matter how many people I tell, my flesh continues to molt. At some stage, chunks of muscle and coagulated blood will slough off my limbs, they will be nothing but brownish skeleton, but despite that I can still move them. Somehow in my dream I feel an incredible numbness in my limbs. My teeth fall out.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
if i don't smoke lots before bed i have dreams about dead people telling me that i'm going to die soon. im afraid of dying a lot, so this is probably why. so i make sure to have lots of pot!!!!!!!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Literal Carehaver posted:

if you mix diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate with alcohol fun things will happen!

is it death?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

if i don't smoke lots before bed i have dreams about dead people telling me that i'm going to die soon. im afraid of dying a lot, so this is probably why. so i make sure to have lots of pot!!!!!!!

I had a dream about my dead grandfather, in my dream he points to his thumb, it is cracked and globs of fat are poking out of breaks in his skin. He says "Don't eat the fat off of meat or you'll die of a heart attack." he then strokes my arm with his fat barnacle finger.
In the house I can hear my grandmother crying.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Sometimes I dream that my hair and skin are falling off in great clumps, no matter how many people I tell, my flesh continues to molt. At some stage, chunks of muscle and coagulated blood will slough off my limbs, they will be nothing but brownish skeleton, but despite that I can still move them. Somehow in my dream I feel an incredible numbness in my limbs. My teeth fall out.

wow sounds great :) in my fav dream i die and god tells me heaven and hell are both full and i have to stay alone in the dark tunnel forever :)

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

JebanyPedal posted:

I had a dream about my dead grandfather, in my dream he points to his thumb, it is cracked and globs of fat are poking out of breaks in his skin. He says "Don't eat the fat off of meat or you'll die of a heart attack." he then strokes my arm with his fat barnacle finger.
In the house I can hear my grandmother crying.

I don't smoke a lot but when I can I smoke Romulan before bed. You guys are smoking something horrible and scary.

Baba Ganoush fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 19, 2014

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
420 blaze it niggu

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Baba Ganoush posted:

I don't smoke a lot but when I can I smoke Romulan before bed http://www.leafly.com/indica/romulan. You guys are smoking something horrible and scary.

i smoke a lot of phosphorous it makes it very hard to breathe and u have waking dreams where u think u are a native american mother whose baby is dying of smallpox

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

RIP GS

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Reading about the serial killer Albert Fish had a profound effect on me, or at least, my subconscious.
I dream I am in a dingy dark subway car, but despite its dilapidation it is a busy crowded car, there is the distinct bustle and sounds of a crowd, but the sound is more suited to that of a crowded restaurant that a public transportation vehicle.
Next to me is an old man, his skin is very mottled and liver spotted and his face is gaunt with large dark pockets beneath his eyes. I look at him, but even though I want to stop looking I cant. The longer I look at him, the more afraid I become that he will look back.
Eventually he does, and without provocation he pulls photos out of his jacket coat, they are blurry, indistinct, constantly moving images, but consistent among them are surreal scenes of brutality, dismembered corpses of children, half eaten child torsos, a dead child lying feet away from her severed leg with a spotted trail of blood linking them.
In the background of the pictures I see movement, incredibly hard to discern but it is there, I swear I can see children in the background moving, but as soon as my mind processes the phantom image it vanishes.
All of a sudden, the old man pulls in closer, the bustle of the subway car vanishes, there is nothing but silence.
The old man says to me "I did not gently caress them, but I could have."
I immediately try to get up and leave but he grips my arm and I can't move, his strength is impossible.
He motions the pictures towards me, they are now filled with nothing but moving images of crying children, blurred almost beyond recognition, I want to move but can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I usually think about the meaning of life and sometimes I get really weirded out by the fact that I'm basically just a brain and spinal cord and I've got all these organs and poo poo inside me and anything could go wrong with them at anytime on top of just the regular old process of aging and entropy and that's real wild to think about in relation to the concept of a metaphysical human "soul" and all of that will snap you awake again really quick.

• Locked thread