Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What a depressing thread Op. No, I don't get sad. I pat my dog and tell him he's a good dog, then I go to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

spud posted:

What a depressing thread Op. No, I don't get sad. I pat my dog and tell him he's a good dog, then I go to sleep.

In my dream, it is my old house in South Africa, but everything is oppressively dry, my kitchen is vast and significantly more open than I remember.
I see my brother sitting on the floor of the kitchen crying, I look at his foot and there is a puncture wound, a hole on both sides of his foot. He looks at me, eyes full of tears and says "He bit me."
I look to my left and see my first dog on the ground, but he is split. He is whining in constant pain and I can see his one eye looking at me, and his pulsating organs exposed to the air.

DrKincaid
Apr 17, 2008

Top City Homo posted:

is it death?

I'm sure if you have enough. One time I only had a little alcohol but really wanted sleep and a quick Google search led me to believe that since Diphen and alcohol affect the same spot of the brain or something, you should be fine, so I took my normal dose of Diphen and was fine. I don't want look it up again and find that I really should have died.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I mean it sort of smells too. That 'money smell' is great in small doses, but pretty soon everything loving reeks.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
When trying to sleep I imagine I'm in a volcano and being crushed into a small diamond which is better than being human because I'd be warm and safe.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JebanyPedal posted:

In my dream, it is my old house in South Africa, but everything is oppressively dry, my kitchen is vast and significantly more open than I remember.
I see my brother sitting on the floor of the kitchen crying, I look at his foot and there is a puncture wound, a hole on both sides of his foot. He looks at me, eyes full of tears and says "He bit me."
I look to my left and see my first dog on the ground, but he is split. He is whining in constant pain and I can see his one eye looking at me, and his pulsating organs exposed to the air.

This thread is like a hunting ground for you. You are one morbid oval office.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Every night before I fall asleep I experience dread because I usually have vivid nightmares

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

spud posted:

These are all actual dreams I've had and I'm literally creeping the gently caress out of myself reliving them in such detail.

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
OP, I do believe I have sleep anxiety. I don't sleep well. I wake up multiple times, it takes me forever to fall asleep, and I am always tired in the morning. The thought of going to sleep makes me sad because I anticipate all of these bad things happening. And they do.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

JebanyPedal posted:

I too sometimes dream of seeing twisted hunks of human flesh that bleat like animals as they are pulled and separated by indescribable monsters.

Nah I get super depressed when my work week starts because I can no longer distract myself from how disappointing my life is. Sleep and the weekends are great for distracting yourself from all that.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Wicker Man posted:

I too sometimes dream of seeing twisted hunks of human flesh that bleat like animals as they are pulled and separated by indescribable monsters.

Nah I get super depressed when my work week starts because I can no longer distract myself from how disappointing my life is. Sleep and the weekends are great for distracting yourself from all that.

Just think, if you were alive and working a little less than 100 years ago chances are you wouldn't even have a weekend.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
no I smoke weed

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I take a melatonin and a benadryl then listen to an audiobook while they kick in.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
yes, thats why i pick some vids on youtube or listen to MBMBAM while faling asleep so my brain doesnt have time for sad thoughts

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

mucocele posted:

OP, I do believe I have sleep anxiety. I don't sleep well. I wake up multiple times, it takes me forever to fall asleep, and I am always tired in the morning. The thought of going to sleep makes me sad because I anticipate all of these bad things happening. And they do.

Your username reminds me of a mucocele I had excised from my mouth.

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
the sensation of falling asleep is transcendent and to be cherished

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
Enjoy being alive. Why wouldn't you?

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Your username reminds me of a mucocele I had excised from my mouth.

It was me. It was me all along.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
sometimes i have panic attacks where i experience reality too objectively and it strikes me as too weird for my mind to process and it makes my brain literally hurt. also i can't breathe. anyone else get that

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

sometimes i have panic attacks where i experience reality too objectively and it strikes me as too weird for my mind to process and it makes my brain literally hurt. also i can't breathe. anyone else get that

I actually think this is an alien abduction, like Duane Barry in X-Files.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pillow Clerk posted:

the sensation of falling asleep is transcendent and to be cherished

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

spud posted:

does anyone dream that they're anything other than human? I had a dream I was some kind of one eyed squid thing and I was like whoa when I woke up

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

SmokaDustbowl posted:

does anyone dream that they're anything other than human? I had a dream I was some kind of one eyed squid thing and I was like whoa when I woke up

I was being pushed through a dark sewer tunnel of some sort, maybe drainage. Eventually get flushed out into a stream with the bright, starry night sky overhead. I look down and see my entire body is nothing but bones, and the water I was drifting through was blood.

Yet I remember it being a very relaxing and chill dream :shrug:

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I'm generally pretty frugal but I shelled out for an extremely nice king-sized bed, so as soon as I hop into that fucker I'm like "OH SIIIIIIIIICK!!!zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Wicker Man posted:

I was being pushed through a dark sewer tunnel of some sort, maybe drainage. Eventually get flushed out into a stream with the bright, starry night sky overhead. I look down and see my entire body is nothing but bones, and the water I was drifting through was blood.

Yet I remember it being a very relaxing and chill dream :shrug:

you're hosed up man I just had a dream I was a hosed up squid thing like the dude from marvel vs capcom

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm reposting this from a post I put up in the old dream thread, this one was trippy as gently caress and it still freaks me out if I think about it for too long.

I was a spider on my wall. Eight eyes, but only four images- my eyes functioned as independent sets, they could scan nearly everything in the room at varied angles. Vision wasn't cohesive, images flickered about rapidly, disorienting at first but then I acclimated to their steady rate. Focused on the environment as a whole rather than specific objects. No feeling of legs or body in general, their actions were reflexive, automatic. Moving felt more like teleporting, wall to wall. Experience was vague, spent most of my time pausing and reassessing the environment. Then I jumped, rapid images, tumbling about, I saw myself and I was falling for my head.

Simulating the tumbling in my head made me dizzy, I awoke to a small house spider climbing on my nose. I was calm and prepared, at least unconsciously, cupped him gently between my hands and blew slightly to detach him with my breath, it only hurt his tiny ego. Took him outside then spent an irritable hour pacing in anxiety, reassuring myself it was just a dream.

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
I don't get sad, but my dreams are like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3-saxB3GZY

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
And this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiQwHifeN_o

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
sleep is death's brother-in-law

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

quote:

Go to bed early, you doofus. Cuz when you're sleepin there's no lonely times. Just dreams.

--Dr. Steve Brule

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

JebanyPedal posted:

chaos reigns

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you have trouble falling asleep, try thinking about all the embarrassing and stupid things you've done in the past that nobody probably remembers but bother you anyway. That's what I always do and it works like a charm!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
everyone should keep a dream journal, it's pretty rad what our brain does when we aren't paying attention to it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
When I was a kid any time I slept over at a friends house, or even if a friend came to my place, right as the conversation would end and my friend would fall asleep, I would get super depressed and want to cry. I never had a problem sleeping alone.

Prolly means I'm retarded

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

I get annoyed because I don't want to sleep.
Sleep is boring.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I CAN SLEEP AS LONG AS I WANT WHEN IM DEAD, DAD

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
trip report:

i found myself helping my parents repair their house. apparently they lived in a decrepit concrete bunker underground. water kept pouring in and i had to shore it up using old insulation and garbage. when the water continued to pour in my parents got in their cars and drove off in disappointment and disgust. i resolved to stay behind and drown

also my parents kept calling me 'the dude' as if it was my name

5/10, needs work

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
op have you tried larb

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

am about to go to sleep and feel sad. so you aren't alone op. thanks for making this thread it's making me feel better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Literal Carehaver posted:

fandyien! gently caress that guy!!

Agreed, OP

• Locked thread