Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
That sure was a game of football. Tennessee Titans for the Number One Pick, woo-hoo!

Alternate Thread Name: Jaguar Victory Station.

Also, here's a picture for Jimmy Claussen for y'all.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
#bortleservice

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm a Titans fan and I decided to go to a bar instead of watching that garbage - the first Titans game I've not watched in over a decade. I'm happy with the results.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm a Titans fan and I decided to go to a bar instead of watching that garbage - the first Titans game I've not watched in over a decade. I'm happy with the results.

As a Jets fan who literally forgot football existed for the first time since I was a kid last Sunday, I feel we share a certain Bad Team Solidarity.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Bortled

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

wait there was a game? i thought that was just a tff snes game discussion?

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
I can't decide if Bortles is going to be any good or not. When I compare the games I've watched of his vs. Bridgewater and Carr I feel kinda like nah not really. None of those guys have much to work with on offense either so its not like there's a giant surrounding talent gap between the 3.

:shrug:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

say no to bats posted:

I can't decide if Bortles is going to be any good or not. When I compare the games I've watched of his vs. Bridgewater and Carr I feel kinda like nah not really. None of those guys have much to work with on offense either so its not like there's a giant surrounding talent gap between the 3.

:shrug:

So you drafted Jake Locker, where you have this weird QB on a bad team, but can't help thinking they're bad too. Or Sam Bradford, but I feel like there's barely a sample size to consult in that department.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Basically I feel like the early returns on this QB crop is something like this

1: Bridgewater (whose best receiver is a guy who was on the Browns PS this and last year, not sure how he didn't crack that star studded loaded WR corps...)
2: Carr (whose team is a dumpster fire)

(a lot of space)
3: Bortles (also a dumpster fire)

(distance to the moon)
4: Manziel (easily the best situation in terms of talent, injuries/suspensions aside)

While it seems unfair to judge Manziel harshly after only one start, that was PROBABLY the most deplorable, embarrassing, awful display of QB play I have ever seen in my life. And I go to like 3-7 Browns games per year and watch the rest. I've seen some poo poo. Hell, they end up playing JAX and OAK most years due to last place schedules so I have been treated to a lot of great QB duels in my time.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
You forgot to put Mettenberger at the top of your list

I'm half serious (highest YPA, highest QBR of all the QBs who've gotten a decent amount of playing time).

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I no longer have access to gamepass. :smith:

Back in Americaland.

I don't know if you saw it, but the Bengals said they noticed in College film that Manziel struggled when he was stopped from scrambling left.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 19, 2014

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I saw Charlie Whitehurst and Leon Washington on the same team again, that was cool. It made me remember the 2011 Seahawks, that wasn't cool.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Carr is likely the best QB in this class because I'm stupid.

I actually really like Carr, I'm hopeful for bortles, and think bridgewater is a game manager long term. Not a great one either. Dalton is his ceiling.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
How was tonights game for those of us who skipped it?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I actually really like Carr, I'm hopeful for bortles, and think bridgewater is a game manager long term. Not a great one either. Dalton is his ceiling.

My dude.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I miss Mike Munchack.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I miss Mike Munchack.

I mean....there's being unhappy for good reason and then there's this.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Instead of watching that game, I went out to the local pizza place with my friends and then we played laser tag.

I assume I made the right decision.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Well, I'm a Titans fan, and I didn't have explosive, nauseating diarrhea today. I'm doin' better than the team, guys!

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I have a bizarre hunch that the real best QB of this class is going to end up being Jimmy Garoppolo. He's already way ahead in the dreamy category too :allears:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Whisenhunt is just God awful. I would gladly take endless mediocrity as an 8-8 franchise than being the worst team in the league, which I don't see getting any better with this years QB class.

Ken Whisenhunt lied to me at a season ticket holder dinner saying we would be a team to be proud of. He also raped my mother. I cry everytime I eat stuffed chicken and garlic mashed potatoes now.

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 19, 2014

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Quote is not edit.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Whisenhunt is just God awful. I would gladly take endless mediocrity as an 8-8 franchise than being the worst team in the league, which I don't see getting any better with this years QB class.

Ken Whisenhunt lied to me at a season ticket holder dinner saying we would be a team to be proud of. He also raped my mother. I cry everytime I eat stuffed chicken and garlic mashed potatoes now.

:yikes:

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Bortles doesn't do much for 58 minutes then becomes Tom Brady for the last two.

Someone just tell him football is made up of many two minutes

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
http://now.nfl.com/play/77be99df-e059-4fd1-8766-67e274159840?id=77be99df-e059-4fd1-8766-67e274159840?campaign=Facebook_NOW_Toby

It's like when you try to let your little brother win at Madden by trying to tank a TD via spinning for no reason.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I miss Mike Munchack.

I don't. I don't miss Jeff Fisher either. All the 8-8 poo poo did was keep the team from ever getting a true franchise player (other than that killer Chris Johnson season). But then, this team has been so stupid in the draft that they probably won't figure a way to do it this year either. Or draft Winston. Maybe more, "And draft Winston." I don't know. gently caress.

LEGO Genetics posted:

Bortles doesn't do much for 58 minutes then becomes Tom Brady for the last two.

Someone just tell him football is made up of many two minutes

So... Bortles ceiling is Eli, then?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Bridgewater is going to end up being better than any of the other QBs mentioned because he's got better coaching than the other rookies and is better under pressure than Dalton. His biggest question mark is his deep ball and it not like it's Ponder level bad. Or even worse than Carr or Bortles as far as production.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bears are going to get rid of Cutler and be cursed to 20 more years of lovely quarterbacks. Cutler may not have been a great quarterback, but look how hard it is to even get an "average" quarterback and how many teams keep drafting and signing complete turds.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As a huge Washington Huskies homer, I'm sad that Bishop Sankey kinda sucks in the NFL.

Same with Jake Locker. What is it with the Titans and flawed UW prospects?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

As a huge Washington Huskies homer, I'm sad that Bishop Sankey kinda sucks in the NFL.

what's ASJ doing on the Buccs, has he been injured or just invisible with Mike Evans catching literally every pass

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Probably Magic posted:

I don't. I don't miss Jeff Fisher either. All the 8-8 poo poo did was keep the team from ever getting a true franchise player (other than that killer Chris Johnson season). But then, this team has been so stupid in the draft that they probably won't figure a way to do it this year either. Or draft Winston. Maybe more, "And draft Winston." I don't know. gently caress.

The Titans are the ideal situation for Winston. They have a promising rb, wrs, and a franchise left tackle in Taylor Lewan, who will be key in protecting an immature young qb from being blindsided with charges.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

you can have donald butler back

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Alouicious posted:

what's ASJ doing on the Buccs, has he been injured or just invisible with Mike Evans catching literally every pass

Both. He just went on IR last week and hasn't done much of note before that.

I think ASJ deserves a mulligan because TEs typically have a steep learning curve. He has the size and hands to be a red zone godsend for whatever QB the Bucs draft next year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The Titans are the ideal situation for Winston. They have a promising rb, wrs, and a franchise left tackle in Taylor Lewan, who will be key in protecting an immature young qb from being blindsided with charges.

Sounds more like an ideal fit for Mariota more than Winston

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Locker has always sucked, but Sankey actually looked kinda good his first few games, so I'm blaming his failures on a lovely o-line running him down into paste. He's probably ruined, though, and yet still more useful than feature running back Shonne Green.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Sounds more like an ideal fit for Mariota more than Winston

Think about the Lewan part.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Chichevache posted:

Winston really ought to see his charges coming.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Probably Magic posted:

Locker has always sucked, but Sankey actually looked kinda good his first few games, so I'm blaming his failures on a lovely o-line running him down into paste. He's probably ruined, though, and yet still more useful than feature running back Shonne Green.

Sankey had crappy O-lines at UW as well, but he showed way more burst and vision than what I've seen from the few Titans games I watched this year. Maybe we can chalk that up to Pac-12 defenses, but I had high hopes for him. :shrug:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I would gladly take endless mediocrity as an 8-8 franchise than being the worst team in the league

No. This is wrong.

I am a fan of the most dysfunctional franchise in the sport (maybe in all of sports), and I'd rather have that then an eternity of bleh. You get to indulge in rage and self pity and hold out hope that the next QB your team drafts in the early rounds will be The Guy. Embrace it. If you're the fan of a hopeless team wear as a badge of honor.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Zoran posted:

Winston really ought to see his charges coming.

this was good

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

commy gun posted:

No. This is wrong.

I am a fan of the most dysfunctional franchise in the sport (maybe in all of sports), and I'd rather have that then an eternity of bleh. You get to indulge in rage and self pity and hold out hope that the next QB your team drafts in the early rounds will be The Guy. Embrace it. If you're the fan of a hopeless team wear as a badge of honor.

Good points. It takes effort to be the worst team in the league. At least they are succeeding at something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Benne posted:

Sankey had crappy O-lines at UW as well, but he showed way more burst and vision than what I've seen from the few Titans games I watched this year. Maybe we can chalk that up to Pac-12 defenses, but I had high hopes for him. :shrug:

The reason that Sankey isn't doing so well with the Titans is because they keep treating him like a short yardage workhorse. So many of his yards/TDs for UW were because the plays were designed to get yards/TDs, rather than a few guaranteed yards. The Titans don't have a mobile QB like Price, don't have a crazy receiving threat like ASJ, don't have naive OLBs biting on read options, etc, so all Sankey can do is run it up the middle. I was stoked to see Sankey get drafted so high after watching all of his home games last year. It's really sad to see his talents get wasted.

Meanwhile, ASJ is actually not bad for TB, though you can only do so much with that team right now. Maybe Lovie will pick up Shaq Thompson as a fullback?

• Locked thread