Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

davecrazy posted:

I too enjoy a 72-3 blowout between Payoffs State vs Cupcake A&M.

this is the most 93-year-old man post i've ever seen and i read threads deteriorata regularly posts in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Alouicious posted:

this is the most 93-year-old man post i've ever seen and i read threads deteriorata regularly posts in

Old men favor college football. Its not a knock on college football but there isn't a debate here.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
PS you're welcome for the Seahawk Hangover, Chargers :)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

StarcraftM posted:

RG3 gon take the eagles to the NFC championship next year, chip kelly thinks baaaaad thoughts as to what he can do with that man

Chip is gonna win numerous super bowls

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I looked across during the Star Spangled Banner and I saw someone sitting cross-armed with their hat on in one of the suites, so I assumed it was Chichevache.

But seriously how is the Rich People part of Levi's

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I'm glad. At this point all we're playing for is next year's draft pick.

NO. There's plenty of stake. Like pride.

Wait not that. A last place schedule. That. That's what's the Niners are playing for.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can't wait for the Niners to run off their best coach since the Clinton administration and hire a lovely retread who only got the job because he smiles when Jed York is around.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

davecrazy posted:

Those games are pretty rare and generally aren't televised, especially not nationally whereas

Washington 41, Jacksonville 10
Atlanta 56, Tampa Bay 14
Cincinnati 33, Tennessee 7
Indianapolis 44, Jacksonville 17
NY Giants 45, Washington 14
Indianapolis 41, Tennessee 17
Kansas City 41, New England 14
Green Bay 42, Minnesota 10
San Diego 31, NY Jets 0
New England 43, Cincinnati 17
Baltimore 48, Tampa Bay 17
Philadelphia 27, NY Giants 0
Indianapolis 27, Cincinnati 0
Denver 42, San Francisco 17
Kansas City 34, St. Louis 7
Miami 37, San Diego 0
New England 43, Denver 21
Pittsburgh 43, Baltimore 23
Cleveland 24, Cincinnati 3
Denver 41, Oakland 17
Seattle 38, NY Giants 17
Green Bay 55, Chicago 14
Philadelphia 45, Carolina 21
Green Bay 53, Philadelphia 20
New England 42, Indianapolis 20
Philadelphia 43, Tennessee 24
New England 34, Detroit 9
Indianapolis 23, Jacksonville 3
Buffalo 38, NY Jets 3
Philadelphia 33, Dallas 10
Detroit 34, Chicago 17
Indianapolis 49, Washington 27
Houston 45, Tennessee 21
St. Louis 52, Oakland 0
Dallas 41, Chicago 28
Pittsburgh 42, Cincinnati 21
St. Louis 24, Washington 0
NY Giants 36, Tennessee 7
Carolina 41, New Orleans 10
New England 41, Miami 13
Kansas City 31, Oakland 13
Cincinnati 30, Cleveland 0

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
It's crazy seeing teams on both sides of those blowouts.

Except the cards because 2 pt wins rule

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Our section seemed full, but it was full of apathetic people. Nobody else wanted to cheer or stand up. It kept reminding me of davecrazy's descriptions of Giants games. The guys next to us were figuring out how many points a touchdown was worth. The guys in front hardly paid any attention to the game and then got up in the second quarter and didn't come back until the fourth. There was great turnout from Chargers fans, though.

A couple of new stadium experiences tonight, actually. We finally won one of those "lucky fan" giveaways, although it was our entire row, and they picked like four different rows over the course of the night; but hey, now I have a print of a splatter-painted Levi's Inaugural Season logo, which is surely a thing I wanted commemorated. And for the first time in three years as a season ticket holder, the fight in the stands was actually in our section, although it was pretty tame; no blood, only one instance of a woman trying to jump over the seats to hit somebody (I have still only ever seen this work on youtube), and only one guy got walked out.

The Niners hilariously collapsing in a game they were completely in control of: not a new stadium experience.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Those games are pretty rare and generally aren't televised, especially not nationally whereas

Washington 41, Jacksonville 10
Atlanta 56, Tampa Bay 14
Cincinnati 33, Tennessee 7
Indianapolis 44, Jacksonville 17
NY Giants 45, Washington 14
Indianapolis 41, Tennessee 17
Kansas City 41, New England 14
Green Bay 42, Minnesota 10
San Diego 31, NY Jets 0
New England 43, Cincinnati 17
Baltimore 48, Tampa Bay 17
Philadelphia 27, NY Giants 0
Indianapolis 27, Cincinnati 0
Denver 42, San Francisco 17
Kansas City 34, St. Louis 7
Miami 37, San Diego 0
New England 43, Denver 21
Pittsburgh 43, Baltimore 23
Denver 41, Oakland 17
Seattle 38, NY Giants 17
Green Bay 55, Chicago 14
Philadelphia 45, Carolina 21
Green Bay 53, Philadelphia 20
New England 42, Indianapolis 20
Philadelphia 43, Tennessee 24
New England 34, Detroit 9
Indianapolis 23, Jacksonville 3
Buffalo 38, NY Jets 3
Philadelphia 33, Dallas 10
Detroit 34, Chicago 17
Indianapolis 49, Washington 27
Houston 45, Tennessee 21
St. Louis 52, Oakland 0
Dallas 41, Chicago 28
Pittsburgh 42, Cincinnati 21
St. Louis 24, Washington 0
NY Giants 36, Tennessee 7
Carolina 41, New Orleans 10
New England 41, Miami 13
Kansas City 31, Oakland 13

Thats literally one Saturday for college football. Televised or not (most games are televised in some fashion for any medium sized school) thats what the fans have to sit and watch week after week.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

rjmccall posted:

The Niners hilariously collapsing in a game they were completely in control of: not a new stadium experience.

If we had taken this and the Bears game (which we were dominating at one point), we'd be looking at 9-6. Not earth-shattering, but enough to stave off the Harbaugh rumor mill probably.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Thats literally one Saturday for college football. Televised or not (most games are televised in some fashion for any medium sized school) thats what the fans have to sit and watch week after week.

what the gently caress does this mean you moron

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alouicious posted:

college football is the home of blowouts

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Alouicious posted:

Why always irate?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

College football sucks.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

All football is good but NFL is best. Fact.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Harbaugh is gonna end up in the Pee Wee league AKA college football isn't he? Not that the 9ers shooting themselves in the foot bothers me but he's probably the best coach they've had since...Mariucci?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shindragon posted:

Good to see you didn't get stabbed.

How was it?

My honest opinion, no posting gimmick: the stadium really didn't impress me, but it was a fun game and the fans were relatively good natured about the loss. I went to the game with my best friend, a lifelong Niners fan, and neither of us liked the stadium. It just felt a bit bland and characterless. Maybe it was all the hype, maybe all the other stadiums are this way, but neither of us preferred it to Candlestick. Parking wasn't too bad, we had tickets to the more expensive parking area (sorry, don't know the name) and we got in and out pretty quickly, though for some reason all the pedestrians are funneled through the parking lot.

Our seats were pretty great. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I'm not on the phone. We sat in the lower area and it was way emptier than it should be. Lots of people showing up in the second and leaving in the third. The guy next to us with season tickets bailed in the fourth because, "they're gonna loving blow it". It was also really quiet. The first half had some decent noise on San Diego third downs, but in the second half the music was noticeably louder than the crowd. We didn't even have to raise our voices to talk to each other. Other than that the fans were pretty good. Lots of Chargers fans were out there celebrating and the Niners fans that I saw took the ribbing pretty well. Really the only rear end in a top hat I ran into was one of the ticket takers, everyone else was chill.

The game was great. My attention wandered a bit after the first when it started looking like a blowout, but when it was back on the game was a lot of fun. I had the perfect view of the Floyd game tying touchdown as well as the Patton fumble. Kap's run was pretty electric, so was Gore's first touchdown. Overall it was a good time. I definitely won't do it again unless the insane prices drop (nosebleeds were $75) but if I can get a bargain like this then I will take it.

I think the Niners will do a lot better at home in a few years when your real fanbase can afford to attend again. I was sitting behind the Niners bench (row 19) and it was pretty quiet. Maybe the energy had been sapped by the playoff elimination and Harbaugh's departure, but the fans just weren't into the game. In my entire section only one guy tried to make noise when the Chargers had the ball, and that was mainly on third down. Hopefully you can get some tailgating going on and fans who actually show up before the game starts and leave after it ends.

Spoeank posted:

I looked across during the Star Spangled Banner and I saw someone sitting cross-armed with their hat on in one of the suites, so I assumed it was Chichevache.

But seriously how is the Rich People part of Levi's

t:mad: hats are for motherfuckers with bad/no hair.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

All football is good but NFL is best. Fact.

I can't get into college football for the life of me but this is the correct answer.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 21, 2014

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Basically yea

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Just wanna quote this part.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Sour Diesel posted:

I can't get into college football for the life of me but this is the correct answer.

Basically, the NCAA survey for enjoying NCAA-Grade football is

a) Do you like ridiculous and unpredictable comebacks? Sometimes 3-5 a game.
B) Are you ready to accept Big Bob Pataki brand Clownball into your heart and your life?

If you answer yes to either of these, with enough alcohol, you might be a fan of NCAA football.

I've gotten more into it this year, more as a byproduct of working late shift weekends and listening to local college games radio calls on Saturday night. It's fun if you always keep in mind that they are not very good compared to NFL starters, but way better than the 5'10, 220lbs lineman from Topeka playing for Bowling Green or whatever horrible player does whatever terrible thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Not really?

I mean you are limited to only four OOC games a year, and no one schedules cupcakes all four.

It is usually about two.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

rjmccall posted:

A couple of new stadium experiences tonight, actually. We finally won one of those "lucky fan" giveaways, although it was our entire row, and they picked like four different rows over the course of the night; but hey, now I have a print of a splatter-painted Levi's Inaugural Season logo, which is surely a thing I wanted commemorated.

Somewhere in one of my junk drawers is a keychain commemorating the inaugural season of "CMGI Field", they being the internet colossus that dropped 115M for the naming rights to what is now Gillette Stadium. They went tits-up when the dot-com bubble burst, and the name was changed before the Patriots played their first 2002 regular season game. I had gone to a preseason game before the switch, so I got to snag this little piece of history.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Kap needs a QB whisperer. What's Trestman up to?

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

The_Raven posted:

Somewhere in one of my junk drawers is a keychain commemorating the inaugural season of "CMGI Field", they being the internet colossus that dropped 115M for the naming rights to what is now Gillette Stadium. They went tits-up when the dot-com bubble burst, and the name was changed before the Patriots played their first 2002 regular season game. I had gone to a preseason game before the switch, so I got to snag this little piece of history.

Holy poo poo, I knew the CMGI Field part of the story, but never knew it was was 115 Million bucks Kraft got for it. Jeezus christ the dotcom bubble.

quote:

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Gillette Co. said Monday that it has signed a 15-year agreement with the Kraft Group for exclusive naming rights to the home stadium of the New England Patriots after troubled Internet firm CMGI revised its sponsorship deal.

Under an old deal, struck in 2000, CMGI was to pay $7.6 million a year for 15 years to own the exclusive naming rights to the stadium, and a new deal, in which CMGI would only pay $1.6 million per year beginning in 2003 and ending in 2015, comes with more limited rights.

So Kraft basically extracted 21 million dollars afterward anyways for the trouble of taking the signs down. Unreal.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
all football is cool and good. even Canadian.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Atticus Finch posted:

Kap needs a QB whisperer. What's Trestman up to?

Starting Pickles and getting fired. Take him. Please.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The best part about college football is when you root for a poo poo team that has literally no chance to win anything because of the inherent structural domination of certain teams and then

1. One of those super teams loses more than 2 games and their fanbase acts like the United States has been invaded by the Soviet Union
2. Your poo poo team manages to upset a team like that and everyone gets really angry and occasionally one of those teams is Notre Dame

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
College football vs the NFL?? Hoo boy the football forum guys are gonna poo poo when they read my hot take

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
yesterday still happened right

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

davecrazy posted:

yeah i've watched a lot of giants games this year too

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Posting from Thailand to say thanks for the playoff spot Washington! (at least that's what my parents wrote to me)

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not really?

I mean you are limited to only four OOC games a year, and no one schedules cupcakes all four.

It is usually about two.

nfl only fans knowing next to nothing about cfb but acting like experts is an age old tff tradition

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

nfl only fans knowing next to nothing about cfb but acting like experts is an age old tff tradition

To be fair not many Americans watch Canadian Football.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

yesterday still happened right

Yes, the NFL created a time paradox and had Thursday Night Football on a Saturday, and also bled into Sunday on the east coast.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Except they made TNF good.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Staunch NFL and college football fans are douches about the other form of the same sport. Its almost like preferring one over the other is based on personal preference.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Football fans in general are the most elitist bunch of jerks ever. They act like it's offense to call baseball, basketball, and hockey a spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Football fans in general are the most elitist bunch of jerks ever. They act like it's offense to call baseball, basketball, and hockey a spot.

I've never seen anything feel like those aren't sports, but they are lamer sports

• Locked thread