Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
NBA is more fun to see live than the NFL imo, but only because its affordable to get close enough to hear Dwight Howard call Kobe soft from the bench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Chichevache posted:

My honest opinion, no posting gimmick: the stadium really didn't impress me, but it was a fun game and the fans were relatively good natured about the loss. I went to the game with my best friend, a lifelong Niners fan, and neither of us liked the stadium. It just felt a bit bland and characterless. Maybe it was all the hype, maybe all the other stadiums are this way, but neither of us preferred it to Candlestick. Parking wasn't too bad, we had tickets to the more expensive parking area (sorry, don't know the name) and we got in and out pretty quickly, though for some reason all the pedestrians are funneled through the parking lot.

Our seats were pretty great. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I'm not on the phone. We sat in the lower area and it was way emptier than it should be. Lots of people showing up in the second and leaving in the third. The guy next to us with season tickets bailed in the fourth because, "they're gonna loving blow it". It was also really quiet. The first half had some decent noise on San Diego third downs, but in the second half the music was noticeably louder than the crowd. We didn't even have to raise our voices to talk to each other. Other than that the fans were pretty good. Lots of Chargers fans were out there celebrating and the Niners fans that I saw took the ribbing pretty well. Really the only rear end in a top hat I ran into was one of the ticket takers, everyone else was chill.

The game was great. My attention wandered a bit after the first when it started looking like a blowout, but when it was back on the game was a lot of fun. I had the perfect view of the Floyd game tying touchdown as well as the Patton fumble. Kap's run was pretty electric, so was Gore's first touchdown. Overall it was a good time. I definitely won't do it again unless the insane prices drop (nosebleeds were $75) but if I can get a bargain like this then I will take it.

I think the Niners will do a lot better at home in a few years when your real fanbase can afford to attend again. I was sitting behind the Niners bench (row 19) and it was pretty quiet. Maybe the energy had been sapped by the playoff elimination and Harbaugh's departure, but the fans just weren't into the game. In my entire section only one guy tried to make noise when the Chargers had the ball, and that was mainly on third down. Hopefully you can get some tailgating going on and fans who actually show up before the game starts and leave after it ends.

t:mad: hats are for motherfuckers with bad/no hair.

Cool, least you had a good time. Well hopefully the stadium is full of life for WM, me and my brother are planning to try to go to it.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Living near where a good, exciting sports team like the Golden State Warriors plays is a fantastic reprieve from Raiders Football

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 21, 2014

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

NBA is more fun to see live than the NFL imo, but only because its affordable to get close enough to hear Dwight Howard call Kobe soft from the bench

and Dwight knows a thing or two about softness with all that adolescent pussy he's slamming

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hockey is miserable on tv but nothing is better than a live hockey game. Maybe a huge 1 vs 2 college game in person, but not by much

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The people who like college football the most invariably never went to college

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Hockey is miserable on tv but nothing is better than a live hockey game. Maybe a huge 1 vs 2 college game in person, but not by much

Agreed. Hockey in person is the best

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

I've never seen anything feel like those aren't sports, but they are lamer sports

idk, that year the Red Sox almost made the playoffs but missed out because they lost for almost the full last month of the season was funny as hell

Even the "lame" sports have incredible moments anybody could enjoy every...3-4 years, I'd say

Like here we're almost 2 years off of an offseason where a team got a player who was only made available because of a loving fax machine, and even people who don't love football thought that ruled

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I prefer the D-League

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
I'm a week late on this, but the Bills game last week was pretty fun for my first NFL game in person.

The stadium has a sort of no-frills charm to it, and despite arriving 15 minutes before kickoff because I thought it was an afternoon game, getting to our seats was easy.

There were a ton of Packers fans, but the Bills fans were all pretty chill. I was expecting some douchery based on what I've heard about football fans in stadiums, but the Bills fans (although pretty shitfaced before the game even started) were good-natured. Maybe rivalry games are different.

My wife was wearing a Rodgers jersey and a Packers jacket, and the only heckling she received after the game was "We sent the Packers packing ah ha ha ha!" from a drunk elderly gentleman.

Oh and we parked in some dude's yard with about 30 other vehicles, next to a shack with a Confederate flag painted on it, with the words Southern Pride underneath. :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rip jff

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

My honest opinion, no posting gimmick: the stadium really didn't impress me, but it was a fun game and the fans were relatively good natured about the loss. I went to the game with my best friend, a lifelong Niners fan, and neither of us liked the stadium. It just felt a bit bland and characterless. Maybe it was all the hype, maybe all the other stadiums are this way, but neither of us preferred it to Candlestick. Parking wasn't too bad, we had tickets to the more expensive parking area (sorry, don't know the name) and we got in and out pretty quickly, though for some reason all the pedestrians are funneled through the parking lot.

Our seats were pretty great. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I'm not on the phone. We sat in the lower area and it was way emptier than it should be. Lots of people showing up in the second and leaving in the third. The guy next to us with season tickets bailed in the fourth because, "they're gonna loving blow it". It was also really quiet. The first half had some decent noise on San Diego third downs, but in the second half the music was noticeably louder than the crowd. We didn't even have to raise our voices to talk to each other. Other than that the fans were pretty good. Lots of Chargers fans were out there celebrating and the Niners fans that I saw took the ribbing pretty well. Really the only rear end in a top hat I ran into was one of the ticket takers, everyone else was chill.

The game was great. My attention wandered a bit after the first when it started looking like a blowout, but when it was back on the game was a lot of fun. I had the perfect view of the Floyd game tying touchdown as well as the Patton fumble. Kap's run was pretty electric, so was Gore's first touchdown. Overall it was a good time. I definitely won't do it again unless the insane prices drop (nosebleeds were $75) but if I can get a bargain like this then I will take it.

I think the Niners will do a lot better at home in a few years when your real fanbase can afford to attend again. I was sitting behind the Niners bench (row 19) and it was pretty quiet. Maybe the energy had been sapped by the playoff elimination and Harbaugh's departure, but the fans just weren't into the game. In my entire section only one guy tried to make noise when the Chargers had the ball, and that was mainly on third down. Hopefully you can get some tailgating going on and fans who actually show up before the game starts and leave after it ends.

Same. It's so corporate and soulless. In the nosebleeds it's all people who used to be lower bowl at Candlestick so it has a decent environment up there. Do the math though, if the people with good seats at Candlestick can manage nosebleeds, who is in the lower bowl? I'm good with sucking for a couple years if it means better seats come available and the crowd normalizes.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/with_johnny_manziels_upside_un.html

If Cleveland drafts Mariota, like this article says they might, I will have a conniption.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Its too early to say Manziel can't do it in the pros right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-HDUBbtgQ

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 21, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/546758920170397697/photo/1

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Thanks to gifts from the Lions special teams, Bears fans are going to think Jimmy Clausen is the answer for the Bears.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cozz posted:

Thanks to gifts from the Lions special teams, Bears fans are going to think Jimmy Clausen is the answer for the Bears.

There is nothing but hate in my soul right now.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Dexo posted:

There is nothing but hate in my soul right now.

"Did you see how he got up looking to fight after that hit to the head? He's a leader, Cutler's a bum!"

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
There was a thoroughly bizarre sequence by the refs late in the Pats/Jets game. Amendola made a catch on a 3rd and 8 and got to just about the first down line. They measured the ball and it appeared to be close, but certainly short. The refs didn't make any signal, the people controlling the chains on the sidelines seemed to think it was still a 4th down, the graphics at both the stadium and on the broadcast showed it as a 4th and inches. Ryan had to challenge it (and that happened late, so I'm not sure how late he found out it was a 1st), and the call stood, Jets lose a timeout. I'm not sure if the Patriots knew either.

So what's the explanation there. Feels like the first time that's happened.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
After watching the way the Lions played today I really, really hope they get gut punched so hard.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lucky as a gently caress.

Whew Patriots, whew.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cozz posted:

"Did you see how he got up looking to fight after that hit to the head? He's a leader, Cutler's a bum!"

Literally the exact text I just got from my dad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here lie the Saints, they didn't score like they used to

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Kalli posted:

Lucky as a gently caress.

Whew Patriots, whew.

Hail Satan!
(also: Please Pats hire Rex so he can never again play against us)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
It's official, no team can reach .500 in the NFC South.

god bless america

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I've been to a nfl game but not a professional hockey one, does that make me a bad Canadian?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The golden age of the Saints has come and gone.

Welcome to cap hell.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Top Hats Monthly posted:

After watching the way the Lions played today I really, really hope they get gut punched so hard.

Hopefully the Packers will do that next week

for now

PLAYOFFS BITCH.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

god bless america

There are no words for how happy this makes me

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

The golden age of the Saints has come and gone.

Welcome to cap hell.

At least you guys will get a decent draft pick. Atlanta is going to beat Carolina, somehow luck into a first round win so Mike Smith stays, then get hilariously destroyed in the 2nd round resulting in a low pick. Welcome to ATHell.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Love you Lions.

Get off my team Raiola, you fat gently caress.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GaussianCopula posted:

Hail Satan!
(also: Please Pats hire Rex so he can never again play against us)

Seriously, Rex is amazing defensively against the Patriots.

I hope like hell he goes into the booth for a year.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Febreeze posted:

god bless america
The football gods have been kind to us today.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

RIP to him, John Football rest in peace

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Pickles was pretty decent. Good offensive scheme great ball to Jeffery for that touch down.

Lions played like assholes. Stafford was a dummy that took six points off the board. Special teams were responsible for a 10 point swing. Raiola is well he's always like that.

If the Bears weren't a terrible team they would of won this game.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Steelers are back in the playoffs yall

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

First down! confirmed on replay!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Kalli posted:

First down! confirmed on replay!

Isn't the grey link the first down?

• Locked thread