Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Harime Nui posted:

Um the lady who voiced Louanne died dude, they couldn't make more

god dangit luanne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lfield
May 10, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

.What the hell does this mean.

some people imagine that characters in tv shows are loving, and they create names for the pairings. so the korra and asami thing is korrasami, korra and mako would be makorra and so on

TVIV do it and it's embarrassing behavior. i cant believe it isnt bannable on the grounds of being totally shameful

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Korra as Asami are just really good friends and that's why they walked into the spirit portal holding hands and facing each other really close. It's platonic.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Tsinava posted:

Korra as Asami are just really good friends and that's why they walked into the spirit portal holding hands and facing each other really close. It's platonic.

smh

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Tsinava posted:

fwiw I think Ryuuko and Mako are just friends too

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

lfield posted:

some people imagine that characters in tv shows are loving, and they create names for the pairings. so the korra and asami thing is korrasami, korra and mako would be makorra and so on

TVIV do it and it's embarrassing behavior. i cant believe it isnt bannable on the grounds of being totally shameful

TVIV sounds more like ADRTW every day.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Internet Kraken posted:

TVIV sounds more like ADRTW every day.

Anime Death Rape Tentacle Whorehouse is a ton more self aware than TVIV.......

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I still don't get why Legend of Korra is going to be persona non grata after New Years Day on TVIV, how bad was that thread during season 1 :stare:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

achillesforever6 posted:

I still don't get why Legend of Korra is going to be persona non grata after New Years Day on TVIV, how bad was that thread during season 1 :stare:

Harime Nui posted:

Korra is like protier betabate haha

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm to ep 2 so far tho and now I'm starting to hate her.... she broke a 2,000 y/o historical monument b/c she was having a bad day, whatacunt.....

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg1RnAGncBQ

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I love insane goon theory crafting that ruins literally every thread in TVIV :allears:

:lol:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Just finished ep 2. Bo Lin is easily and obviously going to be the best character but I can see why people got frustrated with the show if they expect me to like this Mako oval office, he's a doucherag

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

Just finished ep 2. Bo Lin is easily and obviously going to be the best character but I can see why people got frustrated with the show if they expect me to like this Mako oval office, he's a doucherag

Just watch The Last Airbender instead

e: as in the show not the movie, but the movie is entertaining in its own special way

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I have found Korra's problem: It is a show written entirely by Tumblr users

it would certainly explain why they still think "do the thing" is funny

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

you shouldnt watch childrens cartoons., op

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Pirate Jet posted:

Just watch The Last Airbender instead

I already did! (except for season 3) and it had a much stronger beginning than Korra :shrug:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pirate Jet posted:

I have found Korra's problem: It is a show written entirely by Tumblr users

it would certainly explain why they still think "do the thing" is funny

i know people who say that and "feels" in real, flesh, face to face conversations.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I and my friends say lol IRL. Not "ehl oh ehl," "loll." It's really funny and cool b/c we're giant gross drunk dudes and not teenage girls

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
lol it's just a random line but at one point Korra grabs Mako and goes "hey cool guy? let me help you" and it's like oh, we were supposed to think this character is cool, and not a big bitch loser lol

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Oh my god for loving real Korra and Mako got their poo poo pushed in by two nameless, .literally faceless mooks but Korra's loving pet whatever saved them?? look I'm an average rear end in a top hat and I could kill a horse with a spear if I had to, don't give me this poo poo

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Harime Nui posted:

Don't worry, Bolin will start to get on your nerves soon enough.

He basically interrupts every emotional moment he's around for by talking about silly bullshit that contributes nothing

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The whole equalist plot is incredibly stupid I hope this doesn't get dragged out forever and ever

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Like they were clearly sitting around the writing room going "uhhhh what else can we do with the avatar universe? We already did a world war kinda thing" "uhhhh what if the regular schmoes....... don't like the benders???" "eh we could go with that I guess" but it doesn't actually make sense at all, benders were never ever presented in the first show as some kind of upper class or selected people that I can recall, it's just a thing wedged into the universe like a loving ramrod

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Don't worry, the Equalist stuff will vanish after the first season is over

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
So is Korra a Naruto spinoff I don't get it.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
"What?? are you some kind of criminal??" lmao be more of a judgy bitch Korra it owns loving kid never stepped out of her north pole monastery

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
I'm enjoying the Tumblr meltdown of Makorra shippers. They're currently using gifsets with false subtitles to rewrite scenes to their own agenda because they're so butthurt that a lovely high school romance that ended didn't start up again magically 3 years later.

Look at yourselves, you can't even enjoy a story because two people didn't bang forever in it, you loving 14 year old scums. Get on Stevia.

God I wasn't even a Korrasami fan but these colossal crybabies make me like it even more now. I bet in a week you won't be allowed to mention "Asami" on Tumblr because it's too "triggering."

Edit:edit: Post all the things that trigger you about Legend of Korra

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Vacation Tenzin posted:

I'm enjoying the Tumblr meltdown of Makorra shippers. They're currently using gifsets with false subtitles to rewrite scenes to their own agenda because they're so butthurt that a lovely high school romance that ended didn't start up again magically 3 years later.

Look at yourselves, you can't even enjoy a story because two people didn't bang forever in it, you loving 14 year old scums. Get on Stevia.

God I wasn't even a Korrasami fan but these colossal crybabies make me like it even more now. I bet in a week you won't be allowed to mention "Asami" on Tumblr because it's too "triggering."

Changed my mind gently caress this show not gonna watch this garbage

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
The show gets stomachable after season 2 maybe

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Kill la Kill fans are extremely cool and normal compared to you guys and I think you should let that sink in for a while

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
lol if you give a poo poo about anything fan communities say or do

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Harime Nui posted:

Changed my mind gently caress this show not gonna watch this garbage

Good. Just watch some actual anime instead to cleanse your pallet.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Pththya-lyi posted:

I don't, thank God, I'm an old man with balls and a penis I just watch teevee I don't blog about it

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Pththya-lyi posted:

making GBS threads on fan communities who don't relax and enjoy the show is a pastime of mine

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
if you can't watch, listen to, or read something if people on the internet are weird about it maybe media isn't for you

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It was Johnathan Frakes, in a retrospective interview on his tenure as an actor and director for Star Trek: the Next Generation who described the episodes he remembered positively with the words, "I think we made an hour of good TV" and that, has stuck with me.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Pththya-lyi posted:

if you can't watch, listen to, or read something if people on the internet are weird about it maybe media isn't for you

I exaggerated, I'm still watching it, I think the writers expect me to like Korra and Mako a lot more than I do tho

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
BOO HOO WE WERE CRIMINALS! (but not really!) I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO! (but it wasn't that bad, kids!) it's similar to a lot of problems TNG had actually

e: MY PARENTS ARE DEEEAAAAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Harime Nui posted:

I don't, thank God, I'm an old man with balls and a penis I just watch teevee I don't blog about it

Really.

Harime Nui posted:

I'm to ep 2 so far tho and now I'm starting to hate her.... she broke a 2,000 y/o historical monument b/c she was having a bad day, whatacunt.....

Harime Nui posted:

Harime Nui posted:

I already did! (except for season 3) and it had a much stronger beginning than Korra :shrug:

Harime Nui posted:

lol it's just a random line but at one point Korra grabs Mako and goes "hey cool guy? let me help you" and it's like oh, we were supposed to think this character is cool, and not a big bitch loser lol

Harime Nui posted:

Oh my god for loving real Korra and Mako got their poo poo pushed in by two nameless, .literally faceless mooks but Korra's loving pet whatever saved them?? look I'm an average rear end in a top hat and I could kill a horse with a spear if I had to, don't give me this poo poo

Harime Nui posted:

The whole equalist plot is incredibly stupid I hope this doesn't get dragged out forever and ever

Harime Nui posted:

Like they were clearly sitting around the writing room going "uhhhh what else can we do with the avatar universe? We already did a world war kinda thing" "uhhhh what if the regular schmoes....... don't like the benders???" "eh we could go with that I guess" but it doesn't actually make sense at all, benders were never ever presented in the first show as some kind of upper class or selected people that I can recall, it's just a thing wedged into the universe like a loving ramrod

Harime Nui posted:

"What?? are you some kind of criminal??" lmao be more of a judgy bitch Korra it owns loving kid never stepped out of her north pole monastery

etc.

• Locked thread