Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

OOC Thread

Get hype, lovelies! It's time to call off work (or just quit, because work is for suckers), load up the ship, and go on our first annual intergalactic tour of the Outer Rim! It's gonna be the best!

Cast

Elendil004 as Jelan Foster, the band's manager
Mustache Ride as Boom'Tiss, computers, mixing boards, slicer gear
Beardless as Rulon Barela, Jizz prodigy
Contagonist as Trossko, Keys, Lyrics, Backing Vocals
Homullus as Ker Alden, fantastic musician and walking drug problem
Manifest Dynasty as B0-E, Vocals, Glitter, and Glamour
Fuzz as Ducson, Band Security
Azhais as Jad DeBrek, Wheelman and pilot of the Diamond Dog
Grey Hunter as Nak Naki, the Roadie's Roadie.
Diamond Dog An extremely elderly but mostly reliable YG-4210 serving as the band's tour vehicle.

Greetings from Nowhere
You are currently two weeks into the tour, and no one has died. Yet. It's been equal parts fun and infuriating. A handful of good gigs, one or two great gigs, and a couple tremendous shitshows have left the band in relatively good spirits and, so far, with a little extra cash burning a hole in their credsticks. This morning, though. This morning was bad. After one of those really bad gigs last night (small, disinterested crowd in a bad venue with a show manager who stiffed you on the door take because he claimed you drank more than you made), disaster struck. Right after the band finally passed out for the night, the ship shuddered, there was a loud BANG!, and she dropped out of hyperspace blaring alarms and spitting fault codes out of the navicomputer. After Naki and Jad spent a panicked few minutes in the hyperdrive engineering space, they came back with the bad news. The hyperdrive motivator was fried. That's bad, real bad, especially in a ship as old as Diamond Dog. Luckily, they were able to fix things just enough to allow the ship to limp a couple systems to what claimed to be a full-service starport in Boreen's Hyperspace Guide. After a terrifying flight during which the ship made some very interesting noises (which the band slept through, of course) and the hyperdrive filled the engineering space up with smoke at least once, tripping the fire suppression systems, you all limped into the station. You've got a busted ship, a gig tonight, and this so-called full-service starport doesn't look like much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Nak Naki - Looking at what is claimed to be a hyperdrive

Nak Naki

quote:

Move this, fix that, Nak's life is nowhere near as glamorous as he was lead to believe. He was told there would be so many perks being a Roadie for a band, but so far the only upside to the job is being able to hit the so -called fans when they start making trouble. That and the sheer amounts of noise he can crank the speakers up to. 11? 11 is for wimps and try hards. Nak Naki's speakers go to 20. and hes' working hard on getting the things up to 21.

So why stay? Well, there is the little thing of the blackmail info someone holds over him. its amazing how life choices can get stupidly simple if you don't want people to know what happened that night three years ago with the Twi'lek, the hutt and the specially tuned sound system...... and now this!

"SITHSPIT!" Naki Roars - supposedly to himself, but a Trandoshan's voice tends to carry. "This heap of junk is a beeping thermal detonator trying to go off! How are we supposed to keep to a gig schedule when all we have to fly around in is something that was probibly rejected at the factory as defective!"

He locks his claws into the deck above and hauls himself up. "Chuck us that diagnostic would you Jad? lets see if we can figure out what this is going to cost us."

Looking at the engine to try and figure out what the damage is and how much the parts are going to cost us. I'm treating it as difficulty 2, but I can add in the extra dice if needed.

Whats this going to cost us?: 1eA+2eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 19, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Boom'Tiss

The band's rhythm section woke up early, like she did most mornings. Stumbling out of his closet size room wearing not much at all, she heads first to the kitchen, grabbing caff and stuffing a heavy breakfast down her face. She needs it, for without her signature suit, everyone has come to know Boom'Tiss as a scrawny little Chiss female that barely has enough self motivation to go onstage every night. Which is a rarity in the Jizz business dominated my men.

Boom'Tiss has not had much fun this trip, and last night was the worst. The crowed booed, and the Chiss stormed offstage and went right back to the ship, locking herself in her room, and even when the others asked her to come out for a late meal and drinks she didn't reply.

She finally finished inhaling breakfast, and noticing the thick black smoke from the hyperdrive meltdown for the first time, wondered back to engineering. Finding Naki, she gingerly taps him on the shoulder and squeaks out, "Wha... What happened?"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Nak Naki

Naki lets a growl escape him. "Mornin' 'Tiss. Itss simple - the Thermal coupling overheated - which is impressive - seeing its designed to take all the heat this systems SUPPOSED to generate. That then cooked the wires leading to the Astroguide. They shorted, and then the resulting fire burned out half of the nav matrix. Then. THEN." He pauses to hit a blacked box with a wrench. "This Batha fodder piece of Wookie built diss decides to blow - although its on a completely different circuit and individually shielded!"

"Basically, We now have a lump of fire blackened metal where a few hours ago, we had a moderately functional Hyperdrive!"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Sinduc'so'nsheen "Ducson"

Ducson shuffles out of the communal refresher, where he'd apparently spent the night, still wearing his clothes from the gig last night - a rather sedate, albeit shabby, suit Foster had picked out and forced him to wear, the jacket cut a little loose to conceal the holster strapped under his left arm, which was currently empty because his blaster was... somewhere.

He cradles a mostly empty bottle in one hand, sunglasses still on as he passes the others at the table, "Morning, cuz. Lizard guy."

He pours what remains of the bottle into a mug, looking at the inside of the mug with furrowed brow for what seems like an eternity before looking up quickly and rummaging through the many cabinets, finally coming upon a fresh bottle of Corellian Whiskey, which the crew was at this point used to finding stashed all over the ship. Breaking the seal and unscrewing the bottle in one smooth, practiced motion, he fills the mug almost to the brim before grabbing the pot of caf and adding a splash on top. Taking a swig straight from the bottle and wincing slightly, he shuffles back to the table, bottle in one hand, mug in the other, and slumps into the far seat, hooking one leg over the corner of the table and setting the mug down but continuing to cradle the bottle like a baby. He crinkles his nose slightly.

"Someone burn something?"

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Ker Alden

The dream about last night's show was better than the show ever was. Band hit all the notes needed to keep the song together, and more; heads, hands, and feet in the crowd moved to the sound. A couple Twi'leks made their way up to the stage, and ... yeah, they're dancers, of course they are. And they're good, too. Each danced with her friend, but they both danced at Alden. But...hmm. They didn't smell so good. Not like sweaty Twi'lek, worse. Not even sweaty Bothan. No, wow, they smell bad.

The dream unraveled from there: next thing he knew there was an electrical short in the equipment, people were yelling, smoke was pouring out of the amp . . . and he was awake. And there was still talking and yelling and that smell. Blast. Those Twi'leks were cute.

Alden climbs out of his bunk and heads for the voices. Boom'Tiss is out of her box, which is good. Ducson's already got his bottle, which is ... whatever. Depends on how many more he has before tonight's gig. Naki looks mad.

"It's not just your upper lip this time, Ducson, I smell it too. Is whatever you broke gonna be fixed before the show? I was hoping to run a few, y'know, errands before we hit the stage tonight."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Jelan Foster

Jelan hasn't even had time to put her hair up, but does manage to throw on a shirt someone left in her quarters. A discarded thing from a discarded lover. Up until right now the only thing going well was the band. So much for that. She doesn't bother buttoning it up, the band's seen more than this, and everyone knows her strict policy about fraternizing with the talent (Only if they're someone elses Talent...).

She leans over Nak holding her hair out of the way as she starts to twirl it into a bun, "I don't need your commentary, we all know this ship is what it is and we're glad you've decided to grace us with your presence. Bottom line, what's it gonna take to fix, and how long? We've got a gig tonight, and after getting screwed last night we can't afford to cancel." She adds, jokingly, "Our dozen fans would tear us apart on the `Net."

Jelan turns to most of the band, onlookers gawking at the smoldering drive units, "Alright alright people, if you're not helping, go do something useful. We did well last night but everybody sucked on Sunage Nightslumber and that's one of our good ones. I want to hear it done right at least a dozen times, let's go people."

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 20, 2014

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Ker Alden

"yyyyeah . . . . well, they can't all be winners, right? All the energy for Sunage Nightslumber went into, y'know, trying to get that crowd into it. So . . . yeah. How far are we from the gig? Like, five minute walk, or what? I could maybe just get out of the way here. I was thinking of restocking some personal items, no sense taking up valuable rehearsal time with that, right? Band isn't even all awake yet."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Boom'Tiss

"Hey, I'm awake. I... Wait how far are we from the theater? We can't be that far right?"

Tiss looks scared as she peers out a window. "That doesn't look right. Where are we?"

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
B0-E

"Ohhh, Jelan. Lovely J," B0-E's lilting voice dances as it slinks out of it's quarters. It's odd to see a droid slink, but it slinks all the same. It is dressed in a colorful silk jumpsuit. The plunging neckline reveals a new paint job: an array of shooting stars streaking down the droid's glittering chest plate. It shakes it's head, ruffling the silk scarves tied there. "You would hammer the life out of our art. If they wanted over-produced 'perfection,' they could get that at home. Did you see their faces?! The ones that booed? DIssapointment, even anger. We really made them feel something last night... "

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Jad DeBrek

Jed hands Nak the diagnostic tools, "Look on the bright side Nak, I was sure this thing was going to blow up halfway through that last jump the way it was screeching. Not so sure about this spaceport however, looks to be more junkyard than full service facility." Jed ponders for a moment, "Of course, with this old ship a junkyard will probably have appropriate quality parts."

Jed will assist Nak with the repairs/estimates/scouring of the junkyard/whatever else needs to be done to get this thing back "operational"

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Rulon Barela

Rulon opens his door and steps out into the common area, blinking groggily in the bright light. "Whassagfh". His brown hair is messy, and all he has on is a towel wrapped around his waist. he peers at the smoke and commotion coming from the engine room, and turns to the others. "Is the ship broken?"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Ducson smirks at Jelan as she leans over. "Mornin' Jel, glad to see your legs aren't jelly," he ribbed playfully. He knew her rules about not sleeping with The Talent. Good thing he wasn't The Talent. They'd had one... or was it two?... drunken nights early on into the tour, he can't seem to remember many details other than she liked to talk in her sleep and she was a biter. That and she broke a bottle over his head the next morning, always fun. It was hardly a professional relationship at this point, but there was no personal side to it... just a begrudging mutual respect for each others' position, all under a variably thin layer of sexual tension. At least Ducson liked to think there was still some tension there... it made it all the more amusing to mess with her.

He takes another swig of his bottle, then finally takes up the mug and chugs the entire concoction in one go, setting it back roughly on the table with a clatter, "Well, whoever decides to leave the ship, don't go alone... 'specially Little Droid Dandy over there," he jerks a thumb at B0-E, "I'm gonna go get washed up and scout the area. Anyone seen my gun?" He saunters off down the hall to his quarters, next door to Boom'Tiss'. Stripping down, he tosses a towel around his waist and wanders back out into the communal area, the large graft scars of his right arm implant clearly visible along his torso. Taking another swig, he steps into the refresher and closes the door behind him.

A few minutes later, he strides out looking surprisingly clean cut and put together. Heading back to his quarters, he again returns a few minutes later wearing some of his usual street clothes... again a widely cut jacket, though this one less formal and more spacer, a pair of bantha leather boots, spacer pants, and a low slung belt, a second holster on it with a sleeker, more decorative blaster than his usual... the band all knew that one was mostly for show, the real punch was in the one hidden away in his jacket... the one he'd misplaced. He scratches the back of his head, frowning, then snaps his fingers and crosses the room, giving Jelan a playful slap on the rear as he passes, headed to the small stovetop on which one of the random huge pans was sitting in which... someone... always seemed to make some sort of stinky stew with a questionable meat-like substance in it. Lifting the lid of the empty pan, he reaches inside and pulled out his heavy blaster, checking the charge and sliding it inside his jacket with practiced hands.

"So who's coming?"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Nak Naki

Ignoring the 'what did you break' jibe, Nak pulls himself up to his full height.

"I'll come, you lot wouldn't have a clue what you are looking for. Hey, get your instruments out, maybe you lot can do a bit of busking on whatever passes for a street corner around here. Raise us some cash to pay for repairs!" Passive aggression had been hard to learn, but Naki found it was worth it. Although ripping peoples arms off and eating them was still the preffered method. 'Don't Eat The Talent' had been an early rule though.

Naki collects up his blaster pistol, and waits for the others to get themselves ready. He gets out his data tablet and begins reading while he waits.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Rulon Barela

Rulon ignores the rest of them and pours a mug of caf, throwing it back in one gulp and then pouring another. He shakes his head, and seems to finally wake all the way up. "I'll head out with you guys, just gimme a sec to get dressed." he disappears into his cabin, and then comes out a few minutes later, tucking a holdout blaster into his waistband.He shrugs on a nerf-hide jacket, and glances out one of the windows. "Where are we, anyways? do we have a gig here? This looks even worse than the last place."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Nak Naki

"As far as I know, we're in the rear end end of the universe, but you'd be better off asking the pilot. We had to limp here."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Boom'Tiss

Quietly retreating into her cabin, Tiss quickly sheds her sleeping clothes and dons "The Suit" as its collectively know. Its giant, larger than she is. It covers her face with a modified environmental suit, and adds 5 inches to her height. When she steps out in the suit, she quickly places her datapad and other slicing tools in the various pouches inside the cloak thrown over the suit.

Locking the helmet in place, Tiss is seperated from the outside world, and joins the others on the gangway, ready to depart.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 20, 2014

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Ker Alden

Alden quickly goes back and puts on his street clothes, and tucks his Insurance into his front jacket pocket, where he can easily slip it onto his hand if necessary. He glances at the gasan string drum in the corner.

"Guys, there's no way I'm dragging this thing all around whatever Sith-hole you dumped us into. That's why we have, y'know, people. Well, person. I'll improvise if we have to wow somebody in this grease pit, or come back to get it if Foster somehow turns this into a paying gig. Ready to go whenever you are."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Nak Naki

After waiting a few seconds for one of the band to make a move, Naki sighs and presses the button to cycle the airlock.

"Right, may as well look at how bad a hell-hole we've landed on."

The door opens (after sticking halfway for a second) and Naki steps out onto the planet.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
B0-E

"Ahhh, yes. Rub shoulders with the common people. Reconnect with the essence of our art. Lovely... Please lead the way, my dear Nak!"

B0-E springs up to follow.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Jelan Foster

Jelan steps into the refresher, but not before admonishing the band members leaving the ship to 'stay out of trouble'. Dressing casually, she heads down the gangplank to stay out of trouble her self. She sets her sights on the spaceport managers office, figuring that one way or another being on their good side would be a good idea. Before she leaves, she makes sure she has a live set from the band on a holos. It takes her a few minutes to find one where everyone is on key, but she wants something to show if they have to play their way out of here.

Jelan briefly considers letting tonights gig know they might be late, but everything will work out fine, she's sure of it.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 26, 2014

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Rulon Barela

Rulon follows the others down the gangplank, grimacing slightly as he glances around at the dingy surroundings. He had been on quite a few space stations, but never one as run-down as this. He sticks close to the others, making sure that they didn't run into trouble. BO-E in particular tended to cause a ruckus wherever he went with his glam-bot act.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wounds: 12/12 Strain: 12/12 Soak: 5

Ducson stopped at the top of the ramp to light a t'bacc stick as the others passed him and headed down. Taking a long drag, he surveyed the view of the mudpit planet from his vantage point at the spaceport... despite his generally drunken appearance, he was with this band for a reason, and in spite of the bottle, he was actually still pretty drat good at his job. After seeing whatever he sees, he heads down the gangplank after the others, with an eye to keep them out of trouble.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Welcome to beautiful Harlaan!

Harlaan is the largest settlement and de-facto capital city of Eriadet IV, the only inhabited world of the Eriadet System. Located between Corellia and Plympto, Eriadet IV is at the end of a dead-end branch of the Corellian Trade Spine. The system was surveyed almost a thousand years ago, but only recently has anyone bothered to survey the planets. Eriadet IV was settled maybe two-hundred years ago by around two dozen corporate sponsored colonies sent there to build settlements and get to the work of stripping the planet of its resources. Nothing much came of it, though. Over half of the colonies failed within the first fifty years, they either never made it to the planet or went bust after a few years/decades and their people and assets were absorbed by neighboring colonies. Today, Eriadet IV is only sparsely inhabited. Only one colony remains, formerly backed by Corellian Engineering Corp. Harlaan is the core of this colony, now an independent and sovereign entity after breaking away from CEC control around seventy years ago. The Harlaan colony makes what little money it can with some light mining, manufacturing, and refining, and by taking on shipbreaking contracts from various galactic shipping concerns.

Harlaan is home to maybe 25,000 souls, mainly humans and a handful of non-humans from the Corellian system, as well as a host of droids and the occasional spacefaring race like Duro or Trandoshan. It's a rough town, half spaceport and half scrapyard, but it's not a total shithole like Tattooine or something. The streets are relatively clean as far as you can tell, there's not junk piled everywhere and things seem to have some order about them.

As you walk down Diamond Dog's ramp, you see a number of other ships parked around you, tended by a motley group of shipyard droids and hooked up to service umbilicals. There's a YV-666 painted in dark blues and greens with some numbers and a logo or symbol you don't recognize stenciled in flat white up near the flight deck windows, a seriously beat up Ghtroc 720 mostly in primer and bare metal squatting in the next bay that looks like it's not flying out of here, a couple smaller transports, and, parked across a broad stretch of tarmac, a small, fast-looking ship of a class you don't recognize:

She's smaller than Diamond Dog, smaller, in fact, than most of the other ships you can see. She's painted flat black with gray and blue highlights, and looks relatively new and in good shape.

It's pretty cool in Harlaan this morning, probably around four or five degrees, and your breath streams away behind you as you walk across the tarmac toward the port office. As you approach, a dog sets up a loud racket from inside the little office, and this guy comes out to greet you.

He's on the tall side, wearing a checkered shirt, a spacer's vest covered in patches, faded green combat pants, and heavy work boots. He's carrying a heavy mug full of steaming hot caf, and the big, droopy dog following at his heels seems to have skin three sizes too big for its body. He waves and smiles as he approaches you, calling out,

"Mornin'! Hell, that's a classic you got there. Had a rough night bringin' her in, eh? Name's Carston, welcome to Harlaan."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jad DeBrek

Jad starts slightly when Carston calls out, obviously distracted by the unknown ship on the tarmac. Offering a handshake to the man

"Pleasure to meet you Carston, name's Jad. And yes, it was a bit of a rough flight. Every day is adventure when you're flying a relic like the Diamond Dog." Jad pauses for a moment and glances back at the unknown ship, "I have to ask; What kind of ship is that? I used to work at one of the busiest spaceports in the Duro system and thought I'd seen just about everything, but she's new to me."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Nak Naki

Cold, why did it always have to be to cold. Naki could feel his nerual pathways trying to slow down already. He'll live though, its not like he's a weak Wookie, all fur covered and horrible. He then turned his attention to the man greeting them. Pretty standard small spaceport manager. Only a 40% chance he's going to try and rob us blind,

"Yess, She is a classic, but classics can be tempremental. We're probably going to be looking for somewhere that sells vintage parts. Do you know of anywhere around here that has reasonble prices?" Its all code of course. Professional discression. No port manager who wants repeat custom can go around insulting his customers vehicles. I mean, its not like anyone wants to ride around in a hunk of junk that spontaniously combusts.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Boom'Tiss

Completely ignoring the newcomer, Boom'Tiss turns to those who exited the ship and extends his hand. "Jelan, lets stroll into town and take a look at venues. We might be able to play something here while the hyperdrive is getting replaced, maybe." Taking Jelan's hand, Boom'Tiss in his suit is much more forward than the Chiss girl that was seen on the ship earlier in the day. Almost as if she was a different person in the suit.

Jelan and Boom'Tiss stroll down the ramp and head into town, looking for the local watering hole.

Lets go for a stroll!

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 29, 2014

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
B0-E

"SPEAKING of 'classics...' Look at you. The chiseled jaw line, those shoulders... Such a warm welcome on a cold morning. My Starport Adonis, come to rescue us from our troubles. We broke a... ummm... what was that thing, Nak?"

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Azhais posted:

Jad DeBrek

Jad starts slightly when Carston calls out, obviously distracted by the unknown ship on the tarmac. Offering a handshake to the man
Carston smiles and gladly shakes hands all around; first Jad's, then Nak's, then even the droid's. He's got a hell of a powerful grip, and although his hands are clean, you can see the creases in his knuckles are dark, stained with the grease and grime of countless starships. That, plus the thick calluses built up from holding and working with tools, and the spacer tattoos you see peaking out from his cuffs, suggest that this is a man who knows his way around a starship.

Azhais posted:

"Pleasure to meet you Carston, name's Jad. And yes, it was a bit of a rough flight. Every day is adventure when you're flying a relic like the Diamond Dog." Jad pauses for a moment and glances back at the unknown ship, "I have to ask; What kind of ship is that? I used to work at one of the busiest spaceports in the Duro system and thought I'd seen just about everything, but she's new to me."

"That'n there?" he asks, lowering his glasses to peer over them at the little black vessel. "She's an old Loronar ship. Explorer-class, if I remember right. You don't see too many of 'em nowadays, they were never real popular and Loronar had some legal trouble selling them. Nice little ships, though. Fast too, with the right crew."

Grey Hunter posted:

Nak Naki

"Yess, She is a classic, but classics can be temperamental. We're probably going to be looking for somewhere that sells vintage parts. Do you know of anywhere around here that has reasonable prices?" Its all code of course. Professional discretion. No port manager who wants repeat custom can go around insulting his customers vehicles. I mean, its not like anyone wants to ride around in a hunk of junk that spontaneously combusts.

"Hmmmmmmmmmmm" he says, considering. He takes a long, hard look at Diamond Dog, raises his hat a bit, scratches his head, and settles his hat back in place. "Well, there is Natliff's. He specializes in old and rare ships, but he's a little finicky and likes to think his parts are made of gold. Hell, sometimes I think he's running a museum rather than a scrapper. There's also Borlea, she's a little more general, but her prices are better. I don't know that she'd have something for your ship there, but I bet you could find something you could make work. Other'n'at, there's a public pick 'n pull you can dig through. If you've got a datapad handy, I can transfer some directions to you.

Manifest Dynasty posted:

B0-E

"SPEAKING of 'classics...' Look at you. The chiseled jaw line, those shoulders... Such a warm welcome on a cold morning. My Starport Adonis, come to rescue us from our troubles. We broke a... ummm... what was that thing, Nak?"

Carston stares at you for a slight second, then bursts into laughter, bending over and putting his hands on his knees. His dog is less impressed, however. He's been maintaining a constant, low-level growl ever since the droid walked up, but as soon as Carston starts laughing the dog starts barking at B0-E like the droid kicked him or something. Carston stands up, wipes his eyes - still chuckling - and swipes his hat in the direction of the dog.
"Oh, hush now. That droid didn't do anything to you." He has a few more laughs, claps B0-E on his shoulder and says,
"Starport Adonis. Heh, I should introduce you to my wife so you can give her some sweet talking pointers. Anyway, like I said, I can point you in the direction of some parts, and I've got some forms for you to fill out." Here he hands Jad a beat up Port Authority datapad. "Just standard port and customs stuff. Plus, unfortunately, I will have to charge you a berthing fee, it's 25 credits a day, but there's no additional cost for working on your ship in the bay. You can rent some port droids if you need 'em, I've got some halfway decent YR series shipwrights rattling around here somewhere. Other'n'at..." he pauses to watch Boom'Tiss and Jelan walk by, "If you follow your friends there there's some good eating right outside of the port along Starlight Ave. I recommend Lena's, but it might be an acquired taste. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm on shift until about 19:00, then it's all droids until morning. Good luck, I'll transfer those directions to you. Come on, dog" With that, he turns around and heads back to his office, humming to himself and talking to the dog as he goes.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 30, 2014

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Rulon smiles and nods, but ignores most of what Carston says, the others can deal with fixing the ship. He wouldn't have much to contribute much anyways. Shivering, he shoves his hands into his pockets, shrugs his shoulders, and jogs after Jelan and Boom'Tiss. Drawing level with the two of them, he looks around for someplace to get a bite to eat. What was that place that the spaceport guy had mentioned? Started with an L...

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Boom'Tiss, Jelan, and Rulon follow the signs through the surprisingly large starport, and eventually find themselves on a broad, lightly populated street. It's still quiet at just shy of 07:00 on a Tuesday morning, but the city is beginning to wake up and there's a fair amount of foot and vehicle traffic outside the port. One side of the street is pretty much just a tall, curving blast wall, part of the security perimeter of the starport. Here and there along the sidewalk on the port side you can see street vendors selling food, holos, and trinkets. Across the street, which is starting to fill with speeder and groundcar traffic, is a row of diners, bars, broker's offices, hostels, and various shops tailored to the needs of spacers. Three of the diners are open; Lena's, Gravalon Grill, and Skiplagged. You can't tell much about their food or their clientele from the street, although each one has a sandwich board on the sidewalk out front, presumably listing specials. At least two of the bars that you can see are open, and lights are starting to come on in some of the shops as the owners get ready for their day. Apparently business starts early around here.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Naki

"Sure thing." Naki says, pulling his rather battered Datapad from his hip. "I'll take the directions to all three, and I'm sure we can make something work out."

Meanwhile he thinks of his empty bank account and the hope no-one asks him to chip in for the 25 credits......

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wounds: 12/12 Strain: 12/12 Soak: 5

Ducson hangs back, casually enjoying his smoke, as the others take care of the day to day dealings. Finding gigs, getting the boat running, those things weren't what he was getting paid for. He casually shifts his footing, glancing around with a trained eye to get a feel for the spaceport and their berth, and whether things could get dicey after dark, paying particular attention to anyone that is similarly paying a little too much attention to them or the ship. [[on phone, if someone can roll Vigilance for me]]

Seeing his cousin and the others head into the city, he decides to mosey that way and keep an eye on them - not like he'd be much help with picking up parts, and if anyone was gonna get into trouble, it'd be Jelan or the glam droid. He hangs back and enjoys his t'bacc, taking in the sights but keeping an ever watchful eye on his charges.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Ker Alden

"Could be worse, I guess. Maybe. I wonder what there is to do around here?"

Ker starts looking around, trying to figure out whether he can restock on a few doses of spice. You never know how much spice trade there's gonna be on a planet, but it's generally the same people doing it all over the galaxy. He doesn't need it yet, but this tour was looking like it was gonna get a little more stressful really soon.
Can I find some spice on this rock? (1 success, 6 advantage -- you'll have to tell me what difficulty I need to add to that, or roll it yourself)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jad DeBrek

Jad takes the datapad with a sigh, "Just another day in paradise. I hate these things. Let's see.. Any fruits or vegetables on board? Hey Naki, you think B0-E counts? Duration of stay? less than a day I hope, we have places to be." Jad quickly finishes up the rest of the form, shaking his head occasionally an the inane questions, notes that all port fees should be directed to Jelan Foster, and turns it back in at the office.

"So Naki, unless you know of a secret stockpile of credits that I don't, I'm thinking that public pick lot might be the closest thing to our budget. Not that its going to do us a lot of favors timewise."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Jelan Foster

She sighs at the lack of quality establishments on this street, and looks towards Boom'Tiss, before chuckling, can't read anything through that mask. "Well, let's try Lena's, it looks the least...bad." Before pushing open the saloon style swinging doors, quaint, Jelan says, "Caf, or anything without alcohol in it, OK? At least until eleven." and enters.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Boom'Tiss

Boom'Tiss motions after Jelan, and a deep manly voice comes out of the enviro-suit, "Two cafs please. Any good music in this town, we're a band, see"

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Rulon Barela

Following the others into Lena's, Rulon orders a caf, and takes a seat at the bar. He looks over the menu, seeing what catches his eye.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Boom'Tiss

"It sure does take a long time to get service around here, doesn't it Jelan?" Boom'Tiss uses the time while the bartender finds himself to scope out any other patrons in the seedy establishment, and see if there are any band signs hanging on the walls. "What kind of music do the people on this rock enjoy? Anybody a fan of Jizz?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Lena's is a long, narrow, low-ceilinged building wedged between a bar called the Aquanaut and a business called Outward Bound that looks like it's probably an outfitters. There's a single door facing the street flanked by two large windows. In one is a large neon sign that read "Lena's Diner", and in the other is another sign that reads "Good Food Anytime". A small holoprojector flickers under the good food sign, alternately showing the menu, pictures of food, and a portrait of a stout, stately-looking, elderly human woman in spacer's clothes with her steel-colored hair pulled back in a severe bun and a complacent look on her weathered face.

Inside, it's a warm, comfortable-looking, mildly shabby space absolutely packed with sentients. A long bar with thickly padded stools dominates the right side of the room, behind which is an array of shelves, urns, and assorted serving equipment set against a wall of quilted stainless steel. There's a set of double doors behind the bar through which a couple of harried waitresses pass back and forth with trays full of plates and glasses. Along the diner's left wall are perhaps eight booths that look like they can seat four to six people, each one full of spacers, townies, and other assorted indivuduals. Everything in the place is either stainless steel, light brown synthetic hide, or ceramic tile. Strings of multi-colored lights criss-cross the ceiling, and the walls are covered in photos, holos, stickers, posters, and framed memorabilia brought by spacers from all across the galaxy.

It's warm in here, and you can smell caf, greasy food, and the strange scents of about a dozen different alien species. A jukebox is working hard in the corner, mixing barely heard popular music with the general sound of conversation, shouts, and the clatter of plates. Behind the bar is a massive Harch in a spotless white jacket pouring caf, wiping the counter, and carrying on conversation with everyone in earshot.

As Boom'Tiss, Jalen, and Rulon walk in, three spacers - two humans and a Wookiee - get up from the bar, say goodbye to the Harch, and walk for the door. They pass by you three with nods, leaving three open spots at the bar. (OOC - I assume you belly right up so I'm gonna carry on)

"Morning!" booms the Harch. "Welcome to Lena's." He points to each of you in turn asking, "Caf?" He sets a heavy mug full of caf in front of each of you along with a little tray of caf additions (cream and sugar in space), along with a menu for each of you. The food is pretty basic diner fare - lots of breakfast foods from a bunch of different worlds, some alien delicacies, the usual - and the prices are pretty reasonable, if not downright cheap.

"A band, eh? Well, we're not a big music town, but a couple places around here have live music sometimes. Aquanaut next door has bands pretty often. Not a lot of room for a stage here, though." He smiles at you, or at least you think that's a smile, and continues, "I'll give you three a minute to look at the menu. If you need anything, just let me know." He moves down the bar to refill some drinks, humming to himself.

• Locked thread