Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hellsing Ultimate is p good.

It's about Nazis, vampires, Nazi vampires, robots, Nazi robots, and Nazi vampire robots.

Also it's violent as gently caress too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

barakamon is great

I am going to be 100% honest Lucy your anime avatar makes your opinions of Eastern Europe amazing

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

I am going to be 100% honest Lucy your anime avatar makes your opinions of Eastern Europe amazing

Naturally.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I remember LUcy Heartfilia had things to say about the UkrainePoklonskaya affair

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Can anyone explain to my why Speed Racer's dubbing was the way it was. Like... I don't understand.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Captain Candiru posted:

Can anyone explain to my why Speed Racer's dubbing was the way it was. Like... I don't understand.
Low budget, same actor voicing several different roles, and didn't turn out that bad considering this is what it was competing with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAo8-YmVlN8

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Wow.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

How popular is anime in Germany? I know a lot of poo poo that really caught on in America also caught on there.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Black people like anime.

I know this because Ne-Yo likes anime.

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

Low budget, same actor voicing several different roles, and didn't turn out that bad considering this is what it was competing with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAo8-YmVlN8

:wtc:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

How popular is anime in Germany? I know a lot of poo poo that really caught on in America also caught on there.

People either love it or vaguely know about it because of Ghibli movies or classic animes like Akira etc. There is no negative stigma attached to anime. If someone is a nerd, they very likely love anime. They're somewhat popular, but not as much as video games.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

There is no negative stigma attached to anime.

Germany is the promised land.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Leroy Dennui posted:

Germany is the promised land.

Or they just keep up their alliances for longer. Axis of Anime.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

sincx posted:

Or they just keep up their alliances for longer. Axis of Anime.

The Japanese love it if you tell them you're from Germany and will warmly welcome you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

One more thing about anime and manga in Germany: it's considered a more girly hobby.

• Locked thread