Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
they are doing flips and poo poo in the the football games

the women are similar strength to the men

clancy brown easily snaps the strongest part of the wrist in half

clancy brown also throws a knife through the middle of a crowd to spear jake busey's hand

jake busey can play a violin

need to clarify the canon for this important paul verhoeven film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
You mean you can't do that stuff?

Haha, loser.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pretty sure they had just done years of Crossfit op.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No they aren't, they just are super nutriated with future produce. You could do the same poo poo; 360 flip football catch, jump 40 foot gaps to ride a giant bug, and hell even gently caress dizzy in her already gaped rear end in a top hat... All with a b12 shot TODAY

afinefloatylog
Dec 9, 2002
Eugenics. That's why NPH is wearing that nazi uniform.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
none of this explains why jake busey can play a violin

it's breaking my suspension of disbelief

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was a future violin. All neon and see through. You hardly play the thing

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
If by genetically modified you mean they sterilized everyone who wasn't a member of the vanguard when they took over the world then yes

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
None of this matters because Starship Troopers is the greatest movie ever made.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

in the grim dark future there is only dina meyer nudity

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If by genetically modified you mean they sterilized everyone who wasn't a member of the vanguard when they took over the world then yes

i guess the party must have been made up of overachieving muscle-bound acrobats who don't question their platoon leader in the beginning

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
yeah i mean some of these feats are beyond the highest 1% of people and it would make a lot of sense if the nazis played with the genome

although i'd modify my kids if i had the option why get fat failsons when you can get aryan supermen

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

i guess the party must have been made up of overachieving muscle-bound acrobats who don't question their platoon leader in the beginning

let's trying a back flip move instead of simple running, quarterback sneak or passing play.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Neurosis posted:

none of this explains why jake busey can play a violin

it's breaking my suspension of disbelief

he has been very busey

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Neurosis posted:

they are doing flips and poo poo in the the football games

the women are similar strength to the men

clancy brown easily snaps the strongest part of the wrist in half

clancy brown also throws a knife through the middle of a crowd to spear jake busey's hand

jake busey can play a violin

need to clarify the canon for this important paul verhoeven film

its called being argentinian, they are a powerful people thanks to nazi influence

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

this is the result of high standards, academic rigor, and the human ability to rise to the occasion

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -
Want to know more?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Davincie posted:

its called being argentinian, they are a powerful people thanks to nazi influence

for some reason i didn't put together the argentinian connection with the uniforms and other stuff and i feel stupid now

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurosis posted:

for some reason i didn't put together the argentinian connection with the uniforms and other stuff and i feel stupid now

U should feel dumb. Verhovens parents were Jews who survived the holocaust

Wud u like 2 no mor

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it just assumed they could do all that stuff cause its the future

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

BigwigML posted:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
lmao if u dont do a flip whenever u catch a football. fat rear end goons...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The book or the Movie? Either way the answer is no

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
No

The real question is why was their future prom band playing a deep cut from David Bowie's Outside. Like how did that get there? It's seriously loving weird.

Dance Scene:
http://youtu.be/JOwtI8nLXIc

David Bowie - Oxford Town:
http://youtu.be/nArLuubNjKs

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 19, 2014

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
p sure theyre genetically engineered clomes

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I thought the ballgame they were playing was on some kind of trampoline like surface or had the G lowered over the field or something? and Clancy Brown is just a huge badass and also remember it's a fictionalized version of the war for propaganda purposes

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gary oldmans diary posted:

p sure theyre genetically engineered clomes

tell that to Johnny Rico!

Would you like to know more?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
jake busey is playing a future violin so its probably got a computer in it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
jake busey was a genetic experiment. gary wanted a clone of himself crossed with a horse

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Neurosis posted:

if you want to know more please read my or one of the many other published papers on starship troopers, a cool movie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

jake busey was a genetic experiment. gary wanted a clone of himself crossed with a horse

they didn't use enough horse

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
Didn't they get trained on the moon or Mars or something? With low gravity, you can do a flip and catch a football all day.

Maybe the movie version hid the power suits they wore in the book and the suit just makes them stronger.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Hell I backflip just walkin to the corner store occasionally. It's not some monstrous feat of mutant strength a pretty average dude with deece lower leg strength can do one after just a few days of practice. You just really really suck if you can't.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SopWATh posted:

Didn't they get trained on the moon or Mars or something? With low gravity, you can do a flip and catch a football all day.

Maybe the movie version hid the power suits they wore in the book and the suit just makes them stronger.

the book and movie are barely even related. its crazy how different they are, entire arcs about the daily life of a soldier in the book. also random other aliens getting blown to bits

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The other aliens are called "Skinnies" which is really funny to me b/c it's RL slang for Somalians

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

BigwigML posted:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
The nazi military uniform needs to come back. I mean hell, no matter how jew you are you have to admit they look really cool.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ramsus posted:

The nazi military uniform needs to come back. I mean hell, no matter how jew you are you have to admit they look really cool.

They were made by Hugo Boss

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Davincie posted:

the book and movie are barely even related. its crazy how different they are, entire arcs about the daily life of a soldier in the book. also random other aliens getting blown to bits

The movie was an original script called bug hunt. It only got the Starship Troopers name plastered on it because the studio wanted to market it as an adaptation of the book.

Verhoeven never finished reading the book because it's Nazi trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
u know i have memories of the shower scene having denise richards boobs in it but the shower scene doesnt have her noobs in it, whats up w/ that. false memories thats pretty cray.

• Locked thread