Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Instead of virtual fighting plugged into the Matrix, we have people jacking off to anime girls wearing a retarded mask on their face.

Instead of a strongman riding around on a motorcycle with a hydrogen bomb and hacking people's brains using ancient Sumerian code, we have a fat manchild dictator with a couple of crappy nukes that can't take jokes and hacks a movie company to stop a film making fun of him.

Instead of all-knowing corporations trying to take over the world through deceit and blackmail, we have all-knowing corporations trying to get you to click on ads and pay $0.05 at a time for crappy games.

Man this world sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i put on my robe and wizard hat

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
the second things in your list were all better than the first things though

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
north korea stole unreleased products and private emails of the all powerful corporations

the nation state has a mile or two to go

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it was the cia using china as a front operating through north korea

fucks sake this is some basic poo poo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The world isn't a cyberpunk dystopia, it's techno-feudalism

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
How do we know, sincx?

Maybe all that crazy cyberpunk expionage stuff is happening in the background where normal people never hear about it.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

futuristic

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
They made a videogame where mario can punch sonic so all my childhood dreams for the future pretty much came true.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

They made a videogame where mario can punch sonic IN THE STARFISH so all my childhood dreams for the future pretty much came true.
fixed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
ive seen things you people wouldnt believe.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
usf4_occulus-mod-SPLINTER.tar.gz

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Rajjoble posted:

futuristic

i don't know why, but i'm glad theres so many videos this

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Rajjoble posted:

futuristic
pictured: daikatana ritsu's mom, dad, and waifu

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
I replaced my left leg with a microchip this is fuckin' bullshit.

Oh sorry, are we not taking this in the direction of that post apocalyptic thread from a while back?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

newsflash the world has always sucked and the world will always suck.

just keeping chasing those fleeting moments of non-suck.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it's actually good and funny that the mighty empire is making GBS threads it's pants about a stupid movie not getting released

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i think if i get enough money maybe it will seem like i dont have to think about this shithole world anymore

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
We also have artificial intelligence, but instead of taking over the world it tells you which anime you might like on netflix.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
the technical term for that is "anime cortex" look it up

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

I prefer my hegonomanical cistopia thx v much

AMINAL
Dec 6, 2014
it's actually pretty good

i imagine this generation is living in the "ideal" world, it will most likely only get worse from here. famine, water scarcity, man made killer pathogens, terrorist attacks spreading more and more into the developed world etc

right now we're making cool poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NOncx2jU0Q

VR will be sunglass-sized in 5-10 years
solar panels are getting very cheap and viable for ordinary citizen use
AI and automation is getting really good, in 20 years self driving cars will probably be commonplace
vertical farming
cool new neuropharma drugs that enhance and protect your brain fuctions
blah blah, there is so much more

lots of cool poo poo. i love living now.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wheres the flying cars

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
instead of dragons ruling the earth, skies, and mega-corps, we have a black man. :(

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
i am a cyberglam

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i haven't slept for like 36 hours so this poo poo about north korea feels like a hallucination

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
the really scary implication is that it is some way possible that future historians would have to reference a lovely comedy as the cause of WW3

Barco Fiesta
May 26, 2009

a fantasy of olives

sincx posted:

Instead of a strongman riding around on a motorcycle with a hydrogen bomb and hacking people's brains using ancient Sumerian code

that was a good fucken book

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sincx posted:

Instead of virtual fighting plugged into the Matrix, we have people jacking off to anime girls wearing a retarded mask on their face.

Instead of a strongman riding around on a motorcycle with a hydrogen bomb and hacking people's brains using ancient Sumerian code, we have a fat manchild dictator with a couple of crappy nukes that can't take jokes and hacks a movie company to stop a film making fun of him.

Instead of all-knowing corporations trying to take over the world through deceit and blackmail, we have all-knowing corporations trying to get you to click on ads and pay $0.05 at a time for crappy games.

Man this world sucks.

These things take time, son. Calm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

we are getting tantalizingly close to a man with robot arms punching through a wall

• Locked thread