Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you GBS posters terrible people?
All of us.
Most of us.
Just you.
Hilarious GOKU option. Also "Cuck"
View Results

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Serious question, are you, GBS poster, a terrible person? The poll is kind of a joke poll, but please post your honest assesment of yourself in the comments. Provide evidence both in support and in contradiction to your stated position.

For myself, I think I'm pretty good, generally. I have made mistakes, like there was a period where I thought I really needed to have an affair, and there was a time I punched a hole in a wall because I was so mad, but I think I corrected course and learned from those incidents. I try to be kind and thoughtful about the people in my life, even when they're kind of assholes. And I go to therapy and take medication to try and suppress my worst thoughts and inclinations.

How about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I cucked Goku which was pretty bad I guess

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Inevitable posted:

Serious question, are you, GBS poster, a terrible person? The poll is kind of a joke poll, but please post your honest assesment of yourself in the comments. Provide evidence both in support and in contradiction to your stated position.

For myself, I think I'm pretty good, generally. I have made mistakes, like there was a period where I thought I really needed to have an affair, and there was a time I punched a hole in a wall because I was so mad, but I think I corrected course and learned from those incidents. I try to be kind and thoughtful about the people in my life, even when they're kind of assholes. And I go to therapy and take medication to try and suppress my worst thoughts and inclinations.

How about you?

I don't think we're awful people.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't think we're awful people.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Harime Nui posted:

I cucked Goku which was pretty bad I guess

I tip my meme to this great meme, 5 golden meme babies good sir uh I mean good meme.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I try to be good and righteous but these motherfuckers are in desperate need of my wrath, almost begging for it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
lol eat the egggggs Harime Nui am i rite??

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
bad to the bone op

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Inevitable posted:

For myself, I think I'm pretty good, ge
wrong

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Not at all. I actually do a lot of pro bono work, I'm a pillar of the community and I'm respected and admired.

If people who knew me saw my poo poo posting it would be a local scandal.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When I die, gently caress it, I hope I go to hell. Cuz I'm a piece of poo poo and it aint hard to fuckin tell.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Depends on what you mean by terrible. I am scum, ugly on the inside and out, clearly undeserving of love of any kind. However, I am more of an altruist than pretty much 90% of the people I know. So the answer is I am and I am not.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

a bone to pick posted:

When I die, gently caress it, I hope I go to hell. Cuz I'm a piece of poo poo and it aint hard to fuckin tell.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

a bone to pick posted:

odincode
Aug 12, 2010

People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.
I helped old ladies carry their groceries to their car without being asked, I say sir and ma'am to strangers, and I am generally polite and kind with people. I also get wasted off my rear end, have done some serious vandalism while drunk, and one time I said some truly horrible things to a poor girl who really didn't deserve it. I dunno, but I constantly wonder.. :ohdear:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i shot up 5 schools yesterday

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

odincode posted:

I helped old ladies carry their groceries to their car without being asked, I say sir and ma'am to strangers, and I am generally polite and kind with people. I also get wasted off my rear end, have done some serious vandalism while drunk, and one time I said some truly horrible things to a poor girl who really didn't deserve it. I dunno, but I constantly wonder.. :ohdear:

long as you try

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
if you walk out in front of my cart in the grocery store i'll find you in the parking lot

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don't kill people. I give money to charity. I'm never impolite irl, but I'm midwestern so that's not saying much. I eat a lot of meat, so that probably knocks me back a few points. I also have an extremely short fuse, but I calm down really quickly, too. it's a wash i guess

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Stoic Commie posted:

if you walk out in front of my cart in the grocery store i'll find you in the parking lot
ok but are you suggesting that anonymous gay hookups make you a good person or a bad person?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm never impolite irl, but I'm midwestern so that's not saying much.

lol?

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i would murder a rush hour cross-traffic turning bitch if i could get away with it

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

if you want to

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
im a nice person irl and iri (in real internet$

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i've never raised my hand against a living thing

but that's mostly becasue i'm a pussy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
If you paid $10 to post on a forum called something awful, you might be a terrible person

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Gaunab posted:

If you paid $10 to post on a forum called something awful, you might be a terrible person

that's me i did that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

i've never raised my hand against a living thing

but that's mostly becasue i'm a pussy

I killed a garter snake with my boot a few years ago. I felt bad about it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i said a ribald word once

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I killed a garter snake with my boot a few years ago. I felt bad about it.

what did you take off your shoe and sort of slap it with the shoe or what

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I think you got terrible confused with pathetic.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i am loving terrible and since i wont kill myself someone else should for the benefit of all of you

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I've killed 231 people :twisted: after they received a terminal prognosis and filled out their Death with Dignity paperwork.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

what did you take off your shoe and sort of slap it with the shoe or what

no. It was sleeping on a stone that I needed to find. Kicked the grass that was overgrown, and killed it

odincode
Aug 12, 2010

People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

long as you try

One time I was told to put out raccoon traps while i was alone at our family farm. Caught two in one trap. Looked into their cute furry eyes as they huddled together and immediately realized what I'd done, but I couldn't get them out without being bit (rabies is a thing..) and felt like I had to shoot them at the time. They didn't die right away, had to keep shooting them. Afterwards I threw up, buried them on a hill with a nice view and then drank whiskey until I blacked out. I hate guns now, it was so hosed up. I mean how do you classify trying. Not sure what this post is supposed to say, but it was a thing.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The truth is that I am literal garbage, I am a bacterial hive mind operating out of a Denny's dumpster in NE Portland, I can only post so long as this old compaq laptop I've melded into the circuitry of keeps working

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

odincode posted:

One time I was told to put out raccoon traps while i was alone at our family farm. Caught two in one trap. Looked into their cute furry eyes as they huddled together and immediately realized what I'd done, but I couldn't get them out without being bit (rabies is a thing..) and felt like I had to shoot them at the time. They didn't die right away, had to keep shooting them. Afterwards I threw up, buried them on a hill with a nice view and then drank whiskey until I blacked out. I hate guns now, it was so hosed up. I mean how do you classify trying. Not sure what this post is supposed to say, but it was a thing.

I think you're trying

odincode
Aug 12, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

The truth is that I am literal garbage, I am a bacterial hive mind operating out of a Denny's dumpster in NE Portland, I can only post so long as this old compaq laptop I've melded into the circuitry of keeps working

Harime, posting.

E: Christ I am terrible at tags lol.

odincode fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 20, 2014

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Oh, okay, killing things. Yeah, plenty of invertebrates, some when I was a child for experimentation purposes, most because of the whole living space hygiene thing, a few black widows because I'm afraid they'll bite my kids. I'm an unrepentant carnivore, so obviously there are whole galleries of screaming meat-souls waiting for me in hell, but at least I try to be conscientous about the source? You know, grass fed cows, chickens and eggs from local sources when I can. I killed a chicken once myself which I feel pretty good about, actually. Something about turning it from living animal into food felt pretty good, so I don't think that counts against me more than all the other chickens I, say, bought at the grocery store. I've never killed anything just for *fun* since I was a little kid and pulling worms apart with my fingers. Oh, and a million, million murders have been committed in my name since I'm an American, but I don't really know what I can do about that. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im a real piece of poo poo in gbs but actually im a pretty good person irl and i try to be nice and helpful to people and do the right thing, op

• Locked thread