Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What the hell? It still counts if you benefit from technology bro. Just because you're not driving doesn't mean you're okay

Like these people thinking about pulling these loopholes in God are serious? God is gonna be like "oh you got me" not "bitch I know all of time and space, I loving know you're cheating"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Haha, that's not even the worst cheating they do. Some of them have cellphones and cars for 'business.'

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the amish are weird and have some primo land they need to gtfo of

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

TOOT BOOT posted:

Haha, that's not even the worst cheating they do. Some of them have cellphones and cars for 'business.'

What the gently caress!?

Come on!! God isn't loving retarded if he exists and he should loving burn their entire towns to the ground for disrespecting him

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
In 1000 years, the Amish thrive. Using windows 98 laptops and Nokia cellphones, they live the simple life of the late 20th century man

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the best thing about the amish is that they have a lot of midgets

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Like these people thinking about pulling these loopholes in God are serious? God is gonna be like "oh you got me"

literally judaism

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Fonzarelli posted:

the best thing about the amish is that they have a lot of midgets

Is this a real thing? Cause little tiny people with big beards and old timey clothes sounds like a lot of fun. You could pretend you were in Munchkin Land.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought most Amish had adjusted their standard to be that technology is allowed but only for practical purposes. As in, you can use tech for work but not for recreation.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
just let the amish have what they want. they are some of the most butt-ugly motherfuckers on planet earth. and that's price enough.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Is this a real thing? Cause little tiny people with big beards and old timey clothes sounds like a lot of fun. You could pretend you were in Munchkin Land.

Yeah man there's one on the tv show Amish Mafia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8eEK771wc

Also google says that there are seriously tons of them, i guess its inbreeding.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought most Amish had adjusted their standard to be that technology is allowed but only for practical purposes. As in, you can use tech for work but not for recreation.

loving principles man

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Fonzarelli posted:

Yeah man there's one on the tv show Amish Mafia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8eEK771wc

Also google says that there are seriously tons of them, i guess its inbreeding.

Achondroplasia is autosomal dominant, it's not from inbreeding. The amish are just way, way more willing to gently caress midgets than most other groups of people.

they are all inbred as loving pugs though

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
horse-drawn carts are technology as much as anything else so it's not like they don't have a precedent

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

islamic mortgages are funny too

*loopholes into heaven on a technicality while blatantly violating the spirit of god's law*

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
they dont belive technolodgy is sin, they just have chosen to forgo it in most instances in order to not over complicate their lives because they beleive the path to rightewousness is attainable by humans and the best way to it is to keep things out of their lives that might make them feel prideful or lustful

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the world had exactly the amount of technology god intended in 1783 not too little not too much

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Amish people are real assholes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

generative grammer posted:

horse-drawn carts are technology as much as anything else so it's not like they don't have a precedent

Yeah definitely. I mean God drat saddles are technology.

I'd have 1000x more respect if they were literally naked cavemen voluntarily

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There is a Jehovah's witness kid in my daughter's class. She doesn't attend birthday parties but does have a 'friendship party' around the time of her birthday with 'friendship presents'

Take that, god.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the rapture or whatever the gently caress they believe in didn't happen in 2000 then 9/11 happened

they're retards so they probably just gave up

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the amish loving suck at least china has shaolin monks

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

orthodox jews can do the same thing and ask their gentile friends to turn the oven on for them on shabbat

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

gggiiimmmppp posted:

orthodox jews can do the same thing and ask their gentile friends to turn the oven on for them

yo I would do that if I could throw on some pizza pockets in there with whatever jew dudes eat that they can't turn the oven on for

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lettin the sinners sin aint increasin the sin in the world, by jove!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
God in my mind is a insanely overworked judge, awake at 2 am trying to figure out what sadistic rear end in a top hat made the rules have so many loopholes.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i went to the amish market and the people with me were like "they make good chili" so i had some chili and it was NOT good chili. it was obviouslymade with manwich. loving sellouts.i should have gotten a pretzel.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gggiiimmmppp posted:

orthodox jews can do the same thing and ask their gentile friends to turn the oven on for them on shabbat

Also Catholics have fish on Friday because they're not supposed to have meat and fish is somehow not meat. Seafood is awesome so its not like you're abstaining from anything. Its a totally empty gesture.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can commission pretty much any type of wooden item from the amish for a good price, friend of mine got a fine wooden computer case from them.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Necros posted:

i went to the amish market and the people with me were like "they make good chili" so i had some chili and it was NOT good chili. it was obviouslymade with manwich. loving sellouts.i should have gotten a pretzel.
probably didnt have enough beans ive never seen an amish growing beans

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
You're ignorant.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
jews get a pass because that sort of behavior is just expected apparently

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

mookface posted:

Also Catholics have fish on Friday because they're not supposed to have meat and fish is somehow not meat. Seafood is awesome so its not like you're abstaining from anything. Its a totally empty gesture.

i heard a story about some monks in europe somewhere who declared that waterfowl were basically fish or something like that so they could eat them on friday

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amish people also make god tier wooden chairs, like you think there is no way a wooden chair can be comfortable but you would be wrong.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Shakers are better. Almost extinct.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Alexzandvar posted:

Amish people also make god tier wooden chairs, like you think there is no way a wooden chair can be comfortable but you would be wrong.

that's cause they don't have poo poo to do but look at a barn or something so they need a good chair

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
They have a cart that carries people. It's pulled by a horse. Or maybe a mule

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Alexzandvar posted:

when you want a quality chair you go see Herman Miller
he lives in amish country

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SmokaDustbowl posted:

that's cause they don't have poo poo to do but look at a barn or something so they need a good chair

They also have a lot of sex, like back in the day all people on farms did was farm and gently caress. Nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
the amish and mennonites do a lot of child abuse and that is bad imo

• Locked thread