Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate to make a new thread with this topic, but it's a bit of an emergency.

I need to rent a car at 5:30 am Chicago. The only location open are the ORD car rental places.

I tried checking out with Enterprise, and it had in big red letters a warning that you must be flying in/out of ORD to reserve a car, and they reserve the right to check your itinerary.

Is this just an enterprise thing, or do all car rentals at an airport have this clause? I would just call them up and ask, but I would rather take my chances (at a location that doesn't have the BIG RED WARNING) than risk arousing suspicion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Should have done some more research before posting this thread, apparently this is an Enterprise Rent-a-Car policy that's not shared by others. Flyertalk forum thread about it here.

EDIT: Specifically, Enterprise has an agreement with its franchises that the corporate owned airport locations will not compete with them for local residents. I suspect this is not well enforced, but the policy does exist.

Chuu fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 28, 2014

TheAttackSlug
Aug 15, 2008
I have never heard of this rule and I rent national/alamo/dollar/hertz a lot. I think you're ok.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
I rented cars from airports in Phoenix and Las Vegas without having to fly to there and never had an issue with them. You should check with them or find another company that can accommodate you.

• Locked thread