Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Getting paid to gently caress around on my phone for 8 hours while loitering in this apartment complex kind of owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I don't because making money also owns, probably more

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
I know but it's good for people like me who have no marketable skills and only exist to sustain the economy until I wither away in some apartment some where. Just let me enjoy this.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Most of the jobs I've had I get paid to poo poo and look at the Internet.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
keep an eye out for black people

i mean thats probably the start and end of your orientation seminar

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
The people here are really cool and hardworking and mostly just trying I raise their kids.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tsinava posted:

I know but it's good for people like me who have no marketable skills and only exist to sustain the economy until I wither away in some apartment some where. Just let me enjoy this.

For the record I have a job that I enjoy and am fulfilled by and I make bank and a lot of posters here are in the same boat.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

Tsinava posted:

at least youre honest

me on the other hand i have skills that people pay me a lot of money for doesnt matter though really i'm still going to die alone

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I did when I was in college and it hella owned, got to bring my laptop and everything so I could just write all my papers while on the clock.

That is some sweetass $11/hr

E: did feel pretty bad for the people who were doing it like career wise and not just cause they were a kid looking to make a couple extra beer tickets

Nooner fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 20, 2014

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
It's a really convenient gig. And it isn't a huge company do I get paid like 10/hr. I might start taking classes again actually.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

mookface posted:

For the record I have a job that I enjoy and am fulfilled by and I make bank and a lot of posters here are in the same boat.

hire me

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i do

next event is Harlem Globetrotters

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OK let's begin this here. What sort of job experience do you have? Do you have a criminal record or any other reason you wouldn't be granted a temporary foreign worker visa?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
The trick is to work security someplace nothing ever happens like art museum

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
haha you exist purely to get tapped in the back of the head at a moment you weren't expecting from weariness

naem
May 29, 2011

I look like brad Pitt and have a masters degree

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Getting paid $40+ to read the forums and hit a button every two and a half minutes right now

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

gently caress Your Website posted:

The trick is to work security someplace nothing ever happens like art museum

It's more fun to work somewhere things do happen.
That way you get to hate your "customers" and co-workers.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
I work security on your mom

Her: hey, did you hear that?
me: Naw baby, how about you let me check your UPC
*consent given*
I hit dat choccy starfish in lieu of your grade 7 pokemon cards btw there isn't a missingno card just sayin

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

The Protagonist posted:

haha you exist purely to get tapped in the back of the head at a moment you weren't expecting from weariness

I actually exist to report people who make ruckus after 10 to the landlady and sometimes call the police on them. I don't think anyone is going to shoot me in the head over apartments.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tsinava posted:

I actually exist to report people who make ruckus after 10 to the landlady and sometimes call the police on them. I don't think anyone is going to shoot me in the head over apartments.
thats what they want you to think

imagine if you surprised them by being alert and aware

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

like you spin around and catch the bag of rice thrown at your head and toss it right back and knock out that mf

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

poo poo they already got him, theyre dragging his body into the mens room stall as i type

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
The last lady who was here did everything by the book and reported the poo poo out of everyone even for standing outside for a bit to have a smoke or whatever.

She got caught abandoning her post to hang out with her gf thoug and then she got caught sleeping in her car with a pillow blanket and everything so now I'm here!

Lol

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Tsinava posted:

It's better than retail where you have to deal with management with unmedicated mental health issues.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
It is so much loving better than retail. It pays more and there isn't someone always there to dehumanize you.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Justin Godscock posted:

It's better than retail where you have to deal with management with unmedicated mental health issues.
i dont think thats something he avoided by working security...

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hey i guess you dont have to deal with your boss as much tho?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I don't currently work in security but I have before and it's a good gig. When I did overnight at this one place I managed to read Poe's completed works over the course of like three nights. Didn't look up from the book, didn't do my rounds at all, got in zero trouble for doing so. Ultimately this habit did backfire which is why I don't have that job anymore.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
I had a cashier job before this. I had to stand and move around a lot more than I do now, and for less money.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Tsinava posted:

Getting paid to gently caress around on my phone for 8 hours while loitering in this apartment complex kind of owns.

when a nigga kills somebody its your rear end OP

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
It's actually not. If someone flashes a gun or something I'm supposed to run the gently caress away and call 911.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I am now at work.
Doing security things.
Like checking my email.
Watching the news.
Posting.
I even answered the phone once.
11.5 more hours to go.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Security never makes me feel safe. Its usually some chubby guy, a lesbian who is 5'2, or some micro machine bald roid rage dude with glasses.

Its even worse when theyre armed. I guarantee most of the security people have never been trained on weapon retention.

Bank security is usually a bit better.

And, whats up with the golf carts?!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I did a one time security gig for a metal show in college. Was p easy I just watched the show. My friend had to break up a fight but no one fought in my area

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Don't go into the wonderful world of bouncing. It's not fun.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

mookface posted:

OK let's begin this here. What sort of job experience do you have? Do you have a criminal record or any other reason you wouldn't be granted a temporary foreign worker visa?

No and Yes

when can i start

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Don't go into the wonderful world of bouncing. It's not fun.

Looks p badass actually

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I always thought it'd be the worst job OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
it definitely seems like a step up from mcdonalds. poo poo i'd even work overnights i dont give a gently caress

• Locked thread