Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

He didn't actually shave so he shouldn't have any cuts for the alcohol to burn

Maybe he was supposed to just be imitating what he's seen, but real men don't do this they just endure the burn. Plus he seemed genuinely surprised

I suggest that the director including this illogical scene on purpose just because it's funny and iconic even though it doesn't make sense.

I can no longer respect Home Alone as a serious work of art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Does aftershave burn razor-burn? I've never used after-shave. I don't know what it does.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
He screamed because playing grown up gave him a brief glimpse of his hosed up future

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I don't know. I've only ever used an electric razor, and I've never used aftershave.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

he saw his future in the mirror

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kevin just realized how oppressed blacks are in this country

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

He screamed because playing grown up gave him a brief glimpse of his hosed up future

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
cause it mildly stings and it was an over the top family movie, what kind of answer do you want here

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a posting ghost posted:

cause it mildly stings and it was an over the top family movie, what kind of answer do you want here

Probably something funny. A "joke" perhaps

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yaldabaoth posted:

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yaldabaoth posted:

Also he was a little pussy bitch.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
in all seriousness is there any upside to using a razor instead of electric because that sounds like some vinyl film vs digital bullshit

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

in all seriousness is there any upside to using a razor instead of electric because that sounds like some vinyl film vs digital bullshit

Shut the gently caress up you literal baby

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

never seen an electric that gives a really close smooth shave, regardless of what commercials claim

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

the cuts were not in his face but in his wrists, there was deleted scene earlier where kevin decides to end it all in guilt for making his family disappear and the constant thread of grassbandits. production company thought that this wasnt edgy enough so they dropped the whole suicide subplot.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

I think he forgot how to shave. loving hippy

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He looks disgusting

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a creepy colon posted:

Probably something funny. A "joke" perhaps

I think many more questions are raised about the possibility of that neat horseshoe imprint in larry or whoever's head than the very (very!) self explanatory aftershave scene. And what about when the delivery guy thought a movie person was a real person telling him to keep the change like a filthy animal?? truly ridiculous stuff

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

the aftershave was not in his face but in his butt, there was deleted scene earlier where kevin decides to pour aftershave in his but being a dumb kid. production company thought that its not good old cool to film small boy buttchugging aftershave, so there was a lot of changes in the direction staff and the new ones dropped this subplot.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a posting ghost posted:

I think many more questions are raised about the possibility of that neat horseshoe imprint in larry or whoever's head than the very (very!) self explanatory aftershave scene. And what about when the delivery guy thought a movie person was a real person telling him to keep the change like a filthy animal?? truly ridiculous stuff

Ya and remember that scene when Kevin finds the half a aborted full term fetus under his brothers bed in a shoebox and his bro explains that his gf had to take care of that before their Xmas trip. Totally unbelievable

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
His dad was a huge doofus who always cut himself shaving and Kevin was just mocking his old man

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
There was a deleted scene earlier in the film where, when Joe Pesci went into the home to inspect it, he snuck into the bathroom and poured sodium hydroxide into the dad's aftershave bottle in an attempt to put the dad in a medically-induced coma and steal the McAllister's valuables that way instead. However, the film was much shorter in length and producers decided not to go with that plot outline, and mistakenly left the scene in when they changed the plot.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
On August 17, 2009, Culkin made a brief cameo appearance on WWE Raw at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri, following a "falls count anywhere" match between Hornswoggle and Chavo Guerrero, in which Guerrero was defeated by the classicHome Alone gag of rigging a swinging paint can to hit him upon opening a door. Culkin appeared in the doorway and said, "That's not funny."

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
c.uck

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Torka posted:

never seen an electric that gives a really close smooth shave, regardless of what commercials claim

the panasonic razor that I've been using for 4 years on my head and face gets as close as any razor I've ever used. my hair's p. thin though. I also shave using oil

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stevie Lee posted:

the panasonic razor that I've been using for 4 years on my head and face gets as close as any razor I've ever used. my hair's p. thin though. I also shave using oil

sounds lame. get a real razor

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

who would want to rub some loud vibrating thing all over your face when you can lather up and make an event of it

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Why did Billy Joe McAllister jump off the Tallahatchie bridge?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pzm1lQX0qU

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
lol @ anyone who doesn't shave dry with a straight razor you loving pussies.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

THAT MONKEY IS A GBS MOD.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

culkin eating pizza = 2 million views

warhol eating burger = a paltry 900k

objective evidence that

is better than

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Ein cooler Typ posted:

He didn't actually shave so he shouldn't have any cuts for the alcohol to burn

Maybe he was supposed to just be imitating what he's seen, but real men don't do this they just endure the burn. Plus he seemed genuinely surprised

I suggest that the director including this illogical scene on purpose just because it's funny and iconic even though it doesn't make sense.

I can no longer respect Home Alone as a serious work of art

please don/t

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That scene is directly responsible for neckbeards. It caused them to have a subconcious fear of shaving.

100% of adult neckbeards watched Home Alone.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

ikanreed posted:

That scene is directly responsible for neckbeards. It caused them to have a subconcious fear of shaving.

100% of adult neckbeards watched Home Alone.

i can't grow a neckbeard or beard.

i guess i'm no goon.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
fag

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It had nothing to do with the aftershave you dolt. He clearly slapped his own face so hard that it hurt causing him to scream.

/drops some science and walks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

The advantages are an actual close shave and control over what you're shaving but yeah other than that there's no difference

• Locked thread