Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you appreciate Chie?
Yes.
Yes,
Yes'
Yes!
View Results

• Locked thread
RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This thread is bearly respectable as is. Teddie is a polarizing character and you don't want to deal with grizzly spoilers to Persona 4's plot in this thread.

I find your puns unbearable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

RocketSurgery posted:

I find your puns unbearable

Striving for the bear minimum with your wordplay, I see.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 27, 2014

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
One of Chie's costumes in P4G is the Game of Death tracksuit.

I feel like we're going in circles with this motif.

I happen to be a big fan of the power rangers costumes.

No P4G costumes compare to the gag glasses, though.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA

But VGCW Chie is still pretty good.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

No P4G costumes compare to the gag glasses, though.

Now I want to buy a PSVita and P4G just to use these.

But why is she wearing rollerskates?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Now I want to buy a PSVita and P4G just to use these.

This is a good decision, fyi

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

StandardVC10 posted:

They're her equipped weapon. 71 attack, 95 accuracy, resist panic.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So if I wanna play P4 should I get a Vita for Golden or just get it on PS2? I would like to appreciate Chie more.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

This thread is not for Teddie or any other human or non-human Persona or non-Persona characters. Its is only for Chie. If you wish to discuss other, much worse, characters, please make your own thread about them. This is the Chie thread.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Junpei Hyde posted:

So if I wanna play P4 should I get a Vita for Golden or just get it on PS2? I would like to appreciate Chie more.

Vita for Golden.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The PlayStation 2 version is a classic, I mean if you're hard up for funds, give that version of the game a try. It's still real good, but Persona 4 Golden is the recommended version to play.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Chiiiiiiieeet

I've never played persona

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Good crew .

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I'd hang out with Chie if I was still in high school, she seems cool.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Chie.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Empty quote if you agree.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

Empty quote if you agree.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

You gently caress.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

The PlayStation 2 version is a classic, I mean if you're hard up for funds, give that version of the game a try. It's still real good, but Persona 4 Golden is the recommended version to play.

Yeah, there's only two downsides to Golden: Chie's new voice (which isn't terrible, her old one just had a certain weird charm) and Marie who feels as shoehorned into the plot as she is.

EDIT: \/ Marie's content is unfortunately not GOOD content and her character is a bit annoying. Not Yosuke annoying, but annoying.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 28, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, there's only two downsides to Golden: Chie's new voice (which isn't terrible, her old one just had a certain weird charm) and Marie who feels as shoehorned into the plot as she is.

Actually new Chies voice is far better, and Marie is no where near as bad as people make out and also brings a bunch of new content with her.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Stux posted:

Actually new Chies voice is far better, and Marie is no where near as bad as people make out and also brings a bunch of new content with her.

stux knows what's up

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Stux posted:

New Chie is good if you like screaming and ridiculous, unnatural anime overreactions to everything. If you have problems understanding emotions without them being insanely over the top because your only form of human interaction is through anime, new Chie is for you.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Vargs posted:

New Chie is good if you like screaming and ridiculous, unnatural anime overreactions to everything. If you have problems understanding emotions without them being insanely over the top because your only form of human interaction is through anime, new Chie is for you.

Yikes.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hey, gently caress you guy

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Isn't chie a rip off of that trauma center character?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Scratch-O posted:

Isn't chie a rip off of that trauma center character?

The Trauma Team chick is very good.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Actually Chie's new voice is both good and doesn't sound like a forty year old anime voice actor. Also Marie's gameplay function and dungeon own

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I heard they recast Chie for golden because her old VA died from her throat cancer.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
Shouldnt this be in the game thread for this game?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I heard they recast Chie for golden because her old VA died from her throat cancer.

Retired from VAing for whatever reason but with that voice it could've been some sort of throat damage.

Problem with new Chie is Fitzgerald uses the same drat voice for all of her teenage girl characters which gets distracting and is still obviously an older woman putting on a kid voice.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Vargs posted:

you're very defensive about your favorite anime game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Vargs posted:

New Chie is good if you like your characters to sound like the character they are portraying and not an old person being bored about being very happy about eating meat.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Old Chie: Yay. Steak. I like Steak :what:

New Chie: Yay!! Steak!! I like steak :)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

New Chie is good if you like your characters to sound like the character they are portraying and not an old person being bored about being very happy about eating meat.

New Chie is great if you want your character to sound exactly like half of the female teenagers in anime of the past several years.

EDIT: \/ It applies to games too. She's just everywhere with zero variance. The Steve Blum of young female characters (Laura Bailey is, of course, the Blum of older female characters.)

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 30, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

New Chie is great if you want your character to sound exactly like half of the female teenagers in anime of the past several years.

I don't watch anime so problem solved I guess. And anyway, more Chie is never a bad thing.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Stux posted:

I don't watch anime so problem solved I guess. And anyway, more Chie is never a bad thing.

How do you enjoy this poo poo and not watch anime?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fargin Icehole posted:

How do you enjoy this poo poo and not watch anime?

Because Persona 4 is not poo poo and has Chie. Anime doesn't have

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 10, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

Because Persona 4 is not poo poo and has Chie. Anime doesn't have Chie.

Persona 4 the Animation disagrees

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

Persona 4 the Animation disagrees

That's a Video Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Also it has double Chie so is not only objectively art but also the best piece of media outside of Persona 4 itself.

• Locked thread