Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

1. Ping Pong - Best Anime of the Year

2. Chaika the Coffin Princess - Best Fight Scenes of the Year

3. Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun - Best Comedy of the Year

4. Gundam Build Fighters - Best Toy Commercial of the Year

5. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Best JoJo of the Year

Chaika gets extra special mention for being an anime where it doesn't feel like literally every character has some kind of mild mental disability

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

A lot of people seem to like Chaika, for some reason I remember it being badly received as of season 2.

Edit: this is coming from someone who is skimming this thread for recommendations, I haven't watched it at all

I can not recall anyone ever saying anything negative about Chaika, up until the very end of season 2 where the consensus was "that ending was rushed as hell but all things considered still pretty good"

I'm sure someone had something negative to say about Chaika at some point but I honestly can't recall it. Chaika doesn't exactly blow you off your seat with its incredible wonder, but it does almost nothing poorly and the fight scenes are excellently choreographed.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Good Listener posted:

I'm not voting for it but I will give Chaika some love for being an actiony type show I got weirdly invested in. I still need to see season 2 with my pal but I liked Chaika even though I haven't figured out why she talks so weird. Brain problems? Anime diseases? Just doesn't speak the language well? If this is revealed in season 2, please do not let me know as I will find out for myself~

She doesn't speak the language well

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Even worse than the people who didn't like Ping Pong at all?

A tough question.

Did you dislike just the song or the op animation as well, because that charcoal poo poo was sweet as hell

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Hocus Pocus posted:

I just watched episode 7... things... escalated quickly... :suspense:

If you skip episodes 11 through 14, Samurai Flamenco is probably a pretty good show with a decent dip in quality in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

glomkettle posted:

I jumped ship an episode or two into the Flamengers arc because it was garbage. Does it get better?

The last couple of episodes are pretty good. The few episodes before that (but after the flamengers arc) are probably worth watching.

There is an Actually Good and Cool and Interesting plot twist at the end, pretty unlike the other plot twists that would start every new arc.

• Locked thread