Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
It's impossible to become a GBS superstar. There are too many posters so I have begun looking for another place to become a superstar and I have set my eyes on Pet Island. Writing this, GBS has 715 viewers logged in and the odds of shouting over the crowd and stand out, are very slim indeed. Compare that to Pet Island, which has a respectable 25 posters talking about their pets right now, you do not need to be a math wiz to figure out that chances of becoming a superstar, with your posts, there, are much higher.

Ideas for how to become a beloved Pet Island regular/superstar:

1. Make a thread about my cat, with a huge picture of its rear end in a top hat and some text talking about how this is the way my cat wakes me up. By showing me that. Ha Ha! GBS may scoff, but Those PI regulars can relate to that. They also wake up by getting cat anus and cat feces in their heads, so that is funny to them. It's all part of the pet experience, which is what Pte Island is all about.

2. Coin a Pet Island-themed meme, such as "My Iguana is right", with a picture of an Iguana that says something that is clearly not wrong (e.g. the iguana could say something racist but nice, like asians are smart, which is right)

3: mtuahfucking dog sigs, bitches!!!

4: Start an [ask] thread in ask/tell, where you answer all the questions as if you are a horse, at some point the thread will become popular in Pet Island, as horses can also be pets. Then, at some point, you reveal that you are not a horse, and while the ASK-tell people will hate you for being a troll, the PI-people will grudginly respect your dedication to the horse, and your detailed knowledge of horse psychology that allowed you to keep up the illusion of being horse.

5: in extension of 4, once the horse meme is established, you can begin replying to threads with the catchphrase "I'm hay".

Ha ha! Now we are cooking! what else could one do, to become a superstar of Pet Island - the place for goons who want to discuss their pets??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
please dont post "I'm hay" or any permutations of the "im hay"-meme in this thread. Save it for Pet Island.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
What the hell is a GBS superstar?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Three Olives posted:

What the hell is a GBS superstar?

a miserable little pile of bad posts...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Document how you're building a pipe bomb to finally punish those evil pure-breed dog breeders. Build extensive maps of their houses and security systems.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
The only way to win is not to play.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

post constantly in every thread and make everything about yourself

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
SA has a pet island?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Maybe look progressively trashier like the those pitbull rescue girls

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
as a cis-gbs trans-byob superstar i feel my advice would be best followed: kill yourself before visiting pet island

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

ikanreed posted:

Document how you're building a pipe bomb to finally punish those evil pure-breed dog breeders. Build extensive maps of their houses and security systems.

One of my favorite stories ever is when a bunch of animal activists tried to release the mink from a mink farm and the mink attacked them.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

post a mile long story about how your dog poo poo in your car and be ignored by the other twenty people in the same topic posting similar pet making GBS threads stories

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
The pic in the first thread I ever clicked in pet island, was this:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Minimalist Program posted:

That's a good pic

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Holy poo poo. That dog is acting like a dog. And that cat is acting like a cat!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

pet island has truly unlocked teh secrets to internet stardom; this pic is gold

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Holy poo poo. That dog is acting like a dog. And that cat is acting like a cat!

I like to imagine the cat is shouting the word "gently caress".

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Congrats on enslaving sentient creatures for your own personal amusement.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
idk people who love pets are loving nuts so just act loving nuts and youl lbe superstar??

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Maybe use olde English spellings like catte or dogge or hampsterre

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Study the posting styles of one "Morally Inept."
Following suit will be sure to make you a pet island favorite.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdL5iVWDjnA

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Post relentlessly and continuously about your cockfighting roosters, if anyone else mentions owning a pet talk about how they're an idiot who's owning pets wrong and somehow by the second sentence work the pure backwoods meth-shack lineage of your star fighting cock in there, post about how they're the true noble breed of chicken and commie liberals these days are ruining birds by not making them fight to the death for money, two years in post an update about how your prize cock poked your eye out when you were fitting it with a razor spur so you had them all killed

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
kill your dog

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Own like 50 animals, just straight up Hoarders quantities of animals, and accuse new posters of abuse if they don't quit their jobs so they can walk their dog every two hours on the hour. Encourage the dozen other, similar posters to do same, until there are 90 posts of yours for every one of the interloper's.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Own like 50 animals, just straight up Hoarders quantities of animals, and accuse new posters of abuse if they don't quit their jobs so they can walk their dog every two hours on the hour. Encourage the dozen other, similar posters to do same, until there are 90 posts of yours for every one of the interloper's.

When you say that we should "own" the animals, do you mean with sick burns and memes, GBS style, or as in keep them as our property, as white people were wont to do with black people earlier?'

Edit: because I think I can buy 50 cats but I can't possibly find the time to bring the "ownage" to them.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
IN FACT, did you know that the cat in the picture you posted only has three legs? :)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

When you say that we should "own" the animals, do you mean with sick burns and memes, GBS style, or as in keep them as our property, as white people were wont to do with black people earlier?'

Edit: because I think I can buy 50 cats but I can't possibly find the time to bring the "ownage" to them.

you own the cats by joining the local cat rescue which doesn't let anyone actually adopt animals and you pwn the cats by keeping them all trapped in a tiny apartment with a crazy lady from the internet

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

accuse new posters of abuse

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Choke your chicken both figuratively and literally,

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Nude bart riding animals: a possible meme for Pet Island regulars??? 2015 is going to be an interesting year for sure...

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

IN FACT, did you know that the cat in the picture you posted only has three legs? :)

Maybe that is why it is shouting the word "gently caress!" ??

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I'd probably just get like 200 turtles and then start a daily blog about how i'm coping with living in a cramped apartment with all these loving things

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Crewmine posted:

I'd probably just get like 200 turtles and then start a daily blog about how i'm coping with living in a cramped apartment with all these loving things

Tortoises :colbert:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I already made a meme for "I, too, am hay" in the FB SA group.

...I think you should own up for stealing my memes tia

(PS: I also did "I love my dead hay son")

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Sorry to double post, but also it would be possible to take some really niche animal and write and exhaustively researched guide to every aspect of having them.

"This is my isopod megathread!" for example.

Did you know that isopods are both cuprophages and coprophages? Well, you do now!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i think the easiest way is to adopt/rescue a dog/cat with a less than ideal number of eyes, legs etc. and then post pics of it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Are there any trans dogs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

melt a bird by putting the bird cage next to the space heater

• Locked thread