Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

You're trying to sneak around with a gun and you take 3lb. nickel-plated Beretta? Ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

ProfessorMurder posted:

Hey come on, let's be fair. Cops don't plan their murders, it happens in the heat of the moment.

they plan on getting upp in the morning and killing people soo

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
rip cops

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

new episode of cops tonight at 8 on spike tv

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Torka posted:

it's not really a mystery, wishing death on people is common but humans who have the will to actually carry out a planned murder (as opposed to a heat-of-the-moment rage killing) are quite rare

Disagree. It's buried in all of us, some more deeply than others. I'm not saying that humanity is ignoble or anything that's a value judgement and thus worthless in this context. But the will to enact violence is not only within our mentalities but in our very physical and genetic makeup. It doesn't take much to turn one of those soldiers that won't fire at another human being on their own, or even someone far more passive, into a screeching savage. Mob mentality proves that point well enough that I don't feel the need to explain further than that.

ProfessorMurder posted:

I agree with you, not defending the murdering cops. But saying "people should and do know better" is kinda wrong because if people knew better this kind of dumb poo poo wouldn't happen. Humans are stupid and that's why this stupid bullshit happens.

I agree with you too, that post was mostly facetious. I thought the funny faces at newborns bit gave it away.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

WOLF HONGO posted:

they plan on getting upp in the morning and killing people soo

So is getting up and planning on killing someone the same as meticulously plotting a person's death? Manslaughter or homicide? Tough call. I'm not ProfessorManslaughter, so I can't say.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Nathilus posted:

I agree with you too, that post was mostly facetious. I thought the funny faces at newborns bit gave it away.

Sorry, there are so many dumb posts on this here internet my sarcasm detector is broken.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

I had to teach a friend of mine, a Marine, Afghanistan and Iraq veteran how to open a bottle of wine a few months ago. There was major concern that the bottle of chardonnay was going to erupt when they pulled the cork out.

A dumb Marine well I never.

Did he ask for a straw after looking at the wineglass for a bit?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Nathilus posted:

Disagree. It's buried in all of us, some more deeply than others. I'm not saying that humanity is ignoble or anything that's a value judgement and thus worthless in this context. But the will to enact violence is not only within our mentalities but in our very physical and genetic makeup. It doesn't take much to turn one of those soldiers that won't fire at another human being on their own, or even someone far more passive, into a screeching savage. Mob mentality proves that point well enough that I don't feel the need to explain further than that.

my theory explains the reality you were remarking on (retaliatory cop killings are extremely unusual even when cops are publicly getting away with murder themselves), yours doesn't

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Torka posted:

he was really unambiguously mentally ill

i read his whole manifesto..nah he was just mad imo

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Pneub posted:

You're trying to sneak around with a gun and you take 3lb. nickel-plated Beretta? Ridiculous.

I don't think "sneaking around" was part of his itinerary today

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I'm glad this Ismaaiyl Brinsley guy turned out to be a maniac because someone nobly martyring themselves for the cause is the last thing anyone needs.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
are we supposed to feel sad about this lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i hope cops kill you all

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
hail loving satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPqUx4c9-M

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Torka posted:

my theory explains the reality you were remarking on (retaliatory cop killings are extremely unusual even when cops are publicly getting away with murder themselves), yours doesn't

There are important externalities you're not considering. That aversion you're talking about doesn't take into account things like nationalism, authoritarianism, fear of criminal and social consequences, and popular sentiment concerning the righteousness of violence and how those things all interact with that core psychology.

That aversion also hasn't stopped people from murdering the gently caress out of each other in every imaginable way and for every imaginable reason since before the dawn of history. And it doesn't stop people from going absolutely apeshit the second their modern comforts are removed. The power hadn't been out cuz of katrina for more than 48 hours before a bunch of people were already ganging up to display their biases with bullets. Vicious criminal cartels. Continued internecine violence in many areas of the world. The inability for opposite political perspectives to peacefully coexist. These are not the acts of a few deranged individuals somehow shepherding the rest. They are expressions of a long and violent struggle for survival that has only recently begun to have the violence swept under the rug and made less materially relevant to most people.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
not to blame the victims but if they didn't want to be shot than why were they dressed so copish?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
this is really sad and a bummer that it was only two

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
anyone that kills cops before offing themselves is a true america hero. see you in heaven

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

this guy killed his girlfriend first, he was a pretty lovely person guys

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Torka posted:

the illest, really

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
Killing your girlfriend is wrong and yeah he does sound like a really bad person now, sorry for the preemptive hail satan / excitement

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lol if either of these cops signed that pledge to keep de blasio away from their funerals

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Hold off on the judgement, guys. Maybe he had a good reason to murder his girlfriend.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Dennis Eckersley posted:

maybe gf was plannin on joining the force?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Maybe she was a cop.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

Dennis Eckersley posted:

did you ever think maybe he killed her cuz she hosed a cop. I sure have.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

lol if either of these cops signed that pledge to keep de blasio away from their funerals

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

gonna walk through bed stuy whistling pigs on the wing

TEAYCHES posted:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

zooted heh posted:

did you ever think maybe he killed her cuz she hosed a cop. I sure have.

then he should have dumped her slick rear end and found someone new. someone that wouldn't gently caress a cop

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

he did dump her. he dumped his ammo into her and then dumped her in a ditch

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
does anyone know where this fat cop killer stood re: gamersgate and which modern console he owned???

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zooted heh posted:

he did dump her. he dumped his ammo into her and then dumped her in a ditch

cold blooooded

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lets not rush to judgement guys

its entirely possible that he was protecting himself

we need to wait until a grand jury considers all the evidence

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

the cops killed a mman because they suspected he was selling loose cigarettes

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I heard he was fat but how fat? Fatter than an average cop?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Torka posted:

Read the 'festo he was a man of honor and principles.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Rahu posted:

I heard he was fat but how fat? Fatter than an average cop?

Slightly fatter than an average cop, so like 300 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

• Locked thread