Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I got an hour to kill at work sometimes I watch poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Once again I find myself agreeing with David Lynch.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

unlimited shrimp posted:

I watch TNG on my cell phone every night before bed, op

me 2, or seinfeld.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Torka posted:

even the bigass 10" tablets are too small to watch movies on, watching them on a 4 inch phone screen and enjoying it is completely baffling to me

You just don't get the future man

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
getting the least out of your media: the future

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I used to watch YouTube videos on my iPhone in bed at night until I got an iPad, which is like an iPhone except bigger and you can't even use it as a phone.

I don't know about watching an entire two-hour movie on it but it's fine for everything else. It has a really sharp screen and it's basically like watching a flatscreen TV from across a big room.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

who the gently caress reads ebooks on a cell phone? My buddy has a loving iPhone 3G that he only uses for movies and books he's read like 500 books how could you man

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

seems like a great way to watch tv in bed or when traveling and stuff

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i guess i might do that on like a flight

naem
May 29, 2011

naem posted:

My iPhone 6 plus I just got would have been great for watching things my last attempt at a serious girlfriend didn't like alone in the corner fitfully, while she painted her toenails, or whatever the hell that was she was always doing that took up like my entire apartment, I typed to myself all alone, in my underpants, also in the corner

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Bob Morales posted:

who the gently caress reads ebooks on a cell phone? My buddy has a loving iPhone 3G that he only uses for movies and books he's read like 500 books how could you man

What kind of loving schmuck uses a phone to look at huge blocks of text?

----*sent from Android*----

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
There's parts of Asia where cell phones with literal TV antennas on them are really popular

It's like the Sega Game gear TV tuner but in tyool 2014 and a highly-sought cell phone feature.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
yeah but they do all kinds of weird poo poo in Asia

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
I see it pretty often among people who get the train or tube to work (more often tablets than phones I guess, although phones are getting massive now)

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

pctD posted:

I worked for a TV-on-your-cellphone company about 4 years ago and I can assure you the answer to your question is nobody.

I hate the commercials that insist you have instant cloud access to your entire movie library so you can watch anything you want anytime you want.
For example, while sitting on a park bench, watch a movie instead of experiencing a beautiful spring day.
Or on a camping trip during your only vacation of the year with perfect weather, bury your head in your phone instead of talking to your kids or ruminating on a sky full of radiant stars.

In other words, the goal of any patriotic American is to do whatever is necessary to ensure you are constantly entertained 24/7.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
because they haven't came out with an obamatv to replace my phone

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ghlbtsk posted:

I hate the commercials that insist you have instant cloud access to your entire movie library so you can watch anything you want anytime you want.
For example, while sitting on a park bench, watch a movie instead of experiencing a beautiful spring day.
Or on a camping trip during your only vacation of the year with perfect weather, bury your head in your phone instead of talking to your kids or ruminating on a sky full of radiant stars.

In other words, the goal of any patriotic American is to do whatever is necessary to ensure you are constantly entertained 24/7.

Don't worry; data caps are forcing people to socialize again

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

There's parts of Asia where cell phones with literal TV antennas on them are really popular

It's like the Sega Game gear TV tuner but in tyool 2014 and a highly-sought cell phone feature.

this is more useful than 90% of my phone's features i think

ghlbtsk posted:

the goal of any patriotic American is to do whatever is necessary to ensure you are constantly entertained 24/7.

agreed

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Don't worry; data caps are forcing people to socialize again

I put on my data cap

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

this is more useful than 90% of my phone's features i think

Would it even work in the US, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Bob Morales posted:

I wouldn't read a book on my phone but since Kindle syncs across all devices in a period of major boredom I occasionally read a few pages on my phone.

• Locked thread