Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
These are the ppl i see on my commute to work/school every day riding public transportation in Philadelphia

http://instagram.com/peopleofsepta/

Also be sure to check out Faces of Kensington

http://instagram.com/facesofkensington

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
third world from the sun!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

also <3 philly, i miss it

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nomadologique posted:

third world from the sun!

fire all druggie scum into the sun? i like where ur head is

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Don't be poor and don't live in a poor area, problem solved.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

still would re: all of them*

* except the kid

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Danger Mahoney posted:

Don't be poor and don't live in a poor area, problem solved.

Houses sell for 400,000 USD in my alley

the problem is these dope fiends are every where now. i had a homeless crack head woman with one eye smack my car up cuz i didnt give her change while at a red light

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Move out of city
Don't work in city

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
feminism at work right herr :suicide:

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

argondamn posted:

Move out of city
Don't work in city

I love da city dawg and these fiends keep me on my toes

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it has the third largest population in the world as a reminder...its not going to be all roses and skipping over to grandmas house, unharmed by errant syringes and free from shell casings crinkling underfoot

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

argondamn posted:

Move out of city
Don't work in city

how is poverty even a thing just walk away from the ghetto lol smh

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Philly is a cesspool

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

1.5 million ppl

some of them bound to puke on themselves in public

just before i left i saw two, count em two, men, separated by several hours, hard on the nod at the same corner (berks and front); the first was pulling his pants down in suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper slow motion, like maybe he wanted to take a poo poo? before he passed out, slumped over on the sidewalk, his pants around his ankles, his head between his knees; the second was standing, bent partway over, almost certainly asleep or anyway just barely conscious enough to stay standing

so i think someone must have been selling some really strong dope very close nearby and letting people shoot up on the spot, then letting them wander out into the street where they kinda got stuck

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Look at all those Philly cheesesteaks

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nomadologique posted:

1.5 million ppl

some of them bound to puke on themselves in public

just before i left i saw two, count em two, men, separated by several hours, hard on the nod at the same corner (berks and front); the first was pulling his pants down in suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper slow motion, like maybe he wanted to take a poo poo? before he passed out, slumped over on the sidewalk, his pants around his ankles, his head between his knees; the second was standing, bent partway over, almost certainly asleep or anyway just barely conscious enough to stay standing

so i think someone must have been selling some really strong dope very close nearby and letting people shoot up on the spot, then letting them wander out into the street where they kinda got stuck

Ya there is a super awesome vid on the Faces of Kensington link. its only a few from the top and it has a guy zombie walking across front and girard.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus, I can't figure out where her gut ends and her pants begin

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

a bone to pick posted:

It's a fat horizon

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

argondamn posted:

Move out of city
Don't work in city

lol if you think these people don't live everywhere. I'm in the suburbs and there's three homeless camps nearby. I've met a tweaker in rural Oregon who lived in a truck & panned for gold when he wasn't stealing from other goldminers. They're everywhere.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is really a stupid thing because even the wealthiest nations have poor people. I could show you pictures of an area of my city that look like they opened the doors of a mental institution and let the bastards loose in the ruins of a bombed out urban center.

This city is consistently voted one of the best places to live on the planet.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mookface posted:

This city is consistently voted one of the best places to lice on the planet.

a typo, sure, but telling??

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Philadelphia sports fans are a tough crowd

quote:

by Dana Pennett, Daily News Sports Writer
POSTED: August 11, 1999
The Phillies won the game.

Mark McGwire had to leave it.

No one will remember either of those things.

Instead, last night's Phillies-Cardinals matchup at Veterans Stadium will be remembered as the baseball game where an Eagles game broke out.

With McGwire making but one plate appearance before taking a seat to tend to his always-troublesome back, the game turned into a one-trick pony. J.D. Drew, the pony who is more akin to another member of the equine family in the minds of most Philadelphia denizens, got his first start in the city he spurned and the fans got their first chance at a public flogging.

Happy most of the night with just good-natured booing, some fans turned ugly in the eighth with the home team turning in a lackluster performance and trailing by two runs. Two batteries were hurles in Drew's direction and the outfield was littered with debris until St. Louis manager Tony La Russa pulled his entire outfield during a pitching change. La Russa held his outfielders in the dugout five minutes until public-address announcer Dan Baker, under direction from the umpires, said the game would be forfeited if fans continued to throw things onto the field.

"Someone threw a roll of paper and then I saw a battery come out," said second base umpire Ed Montague, adding that he confiscated two D-sized batteries. "Once that happens, it takes the fun out of the game. It could kill someone from that height."

The incident incited the Cardinals, particularly La Russa, who said afterward, "I hope that precedent is set. If someone throws batteries, the Phillies lose."

It also embarrassed the Phillies, who were delighted to see a crowd of 48,514, the third-largest of the season.

"If that hits one of the players, there's no telling what kind of damage it does," said Ron Gant, whose three-run double in the Phillies' five-run eighth sparked a 7-5 victory, but was overshadowed by the Energizer assault. "Someone would surely go to the hospital. That's just a disgrace."

When the game ended, Phillies manager Terry Francona apologized to St. Louis trainer Barry Weinberg, figuring La Russa would be in no mood to talk. Francona hoped to apologize to La Russa in person today.

"It's just disappointing," Francona said. "We get a huge crowd, very vocal, and then you get a couple of dummies who mess it up for everybody. We all have different opinions on J.D. Drew, but no matter what they are, that shouldn't happen to anybody."

Surprisingly, the only person who seemed relatively unfazed by the incident was Drew. He gamely trotted back out to centerfield after the announcement - and before his fellow outfielders took the field.

"I heard some rumors around that they do that every now and then," he said of the batteries. "I was hoping in the back of my mind that it wouldn't get to that, but a couple of them came down. I think the umpires did a good job in the way they handled it."

And from the onion:

the Onion posted:

D Battery Elected To Philadelphia Sports Hall Of Fame
http://www.theonion.com/articles/d-battery-elected-to-philadelphia-sports-hall-of-f,32026/

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 21, 2014

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

a typo, sure, but telling??

A Freudian autocorrect

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Don't lump the rest of us in with Failadelphia

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Native reservations are indistinguishable from sub-saharan Africa

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol

"good natured booing"

these people cheered when michael irvin was carried off the field on a stretcher for a neck injury

odincode
Aug 12, 2010

People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.

Nah, those are just stretch marks.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

also the dude who intentionally puked on the kid recently died of a blood infection and heart failure at age 24 or something

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 21, 2014

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
States parties to the Convention on the Rights of the Child

Green: Parties
Purple: Only signed, not ratified

Countries which have officially recognized the metric system

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Options if you are a poor retard living in a shithole:

1. panhandle for a day, buy a bus ticket, go somewhere nice and live in their homeless shelter where they'll help you find a job

2. join the military

instead we have obummers america

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Al Cowens posted:

States parties to the Convention on the Rights of the Child

lmao yeah the rights of children in all those countries are far better than the US

a worthless UN document says so

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Consistently voted one of the most desirable places to live in the world

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/08/daily-chart-13

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

philadelphila is a third world country

anyone have that kensington chicks cell number? she's cute

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

mookface posted:

Consistently voted one of the most desirable places to live in the world

You didn't even tell us which city you're talking about. I'm on pins and needles.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

o no nothing not much, just smokin some crack on this alley couch

got my rc cola and im feelin alright

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ramsus posted:

You didn't even tell us which city you're talking about. I'm on pins and needles.

Vancouver canada. Where theres a safe injection and needle exchange program in the basement and an 18 million dollar pent house on the top floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

This is a cool picture. Neat symmetrical composition. Despairing subject manner, yet somehow comes across very casually.

• Locked thread