Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

I know there was a good reason but i forgot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Harald posted:

I know there was a good reason but i forgot it.

maintain and increase sphere of influence in the middle east dumassb

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
have you never played a loving strategy game like civ 4?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
To support the military industrial complex, and also as a pretense to increase domestic surveillance and curtail civil liberties.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Because they ain't got no decent pussy so everything's all hosed up because lack of pussy drives men crazy

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
there was a good reason op, but you forgot. you said you'd never forget

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Saddam had a plot to assassinate GW's daddy. GW didn't like this so found a reason for revenge.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
because saddam dogfucked barbara

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
to kill browns and poo poo who gives a gently caress

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
They were hoping to capture Saddam and bring him to the US, so he can Bush could have a for-real dick measuring contest.

Was going to be a real scientific measurement too. They had brought in the atomic slide-rule in anticipation.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Gotta use up some of the old ammo and missiles and test out the new stuff occasionally.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
because 7 8 9

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Operation Iraqi Liberation, OIL for short.

No joke, they changed the name when the public figured it out.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Jabronie posted:

there was a good reason op, but you forgot. you said you'd never forget

i don't remember saying that

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

THANKS OBUMMER

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
greed

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Saddam was a big walking piece of evidence of the horrible poo poo that the h.w. bush/rumsfeld/cheney cabal was capable of. Its like in the mafia when they would whack a hit man to keep him quiet. Like even if everything was basically known, he could have laid some real damning proof out. Same reason they hid the chemical weapons the us did find, because they were leaky and had western markings on them.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

pretty sure it had something to do with freedom but then again maybe not

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
On 9/11, there was some bad folks that came in from over there.. in that area, and we, as a nation have to protect our interest. So we got our folks geared up, brave men and women of the armed forces, and told em, go get that mess cleaned up. And looking back now, I guess sometimes you know, you want to have a throw back. Every quarterback has a throw he wants to have back. But heck you just gotta suck it up and run the next play, son.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyKLT3hlmOA

seems legit

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Kony or kondy or something

lfield
May 10, 2008
oil and arms companies wanted it to happen

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

killaer posted:

maintain and increase sphere of influence in the middle east dumassb

they have pizza hut in iraq now thanks to my service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship service guarantees citizenship

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
because of the evidence i planted at the 9/11

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

WE didn't inviade iraq. WE didnt do anything. The govt did it. WE are posting.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
My man have you heard of the project for a new american centuty?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
op it's O"complicated" but the short answer is ppl are weird and think things that aren't true

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Did you somehow forget that 3,000 americans died in the twin towers on 9/11???

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
You guys were running out of stuff to be terrified of and iraq was a solid investment in the future in that regard.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

John Denver Hoxha posted:

My man have you heard of the project for a new american centuty?

this is rly scary

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Because they needed a new setting for cod now that WW2 ended in around 1999

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
GW Bush and DICK Cheney decided to create a destabilizing effect in the region that they KNEW would lead to factions like ISIS destabilizing the region for decades! It is a planned effect to maintain control of this region through chaos

Hmmmm how cheap is oil if the country never has a chance to emplace a goverment that can defend themselves from America!

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Sintax posted:

GW Bush and DICK Cheney decided to create a destabilizing effect in the region that they KNEW would lead to factions like ISIS destabilizing the region for decades! It is a planned effect to maintain control of this region through chaos

Hmmmm how cheap is oil if the country never has a chance to emplace a goverment that can defend themselves from America!

But oil is cheap in order to destroy the American fracking industry?

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Because neoconservatives have a mentality of constant war, and after the fall of the Soviet Union they needed a new enemy.

They replaced it with the Axis of Evil, consisting of Iran and Iraq, two countries who just over a decade earlier had fought one of the bloodiest wars of the 20th century, and North Korea because why not.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Volume posted:

because 7 8 9

lol

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The American Fracking industry was created as an alternative to strategic fuel reserves and consistently injects poisons into our Earth thanks to a deregulatory CASH GRAB by American corporations

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Cuz they were gay

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Whiskey Sours posted:

Because neoconservatives have a mentality of constant war, and after the fall of the Soviet Union they needed a new enemy.

They replaced it with the Axis of Evil, consisting of Iran and Iraq, two countries who just over a decade earlier had fought one of the bloodiest wars of the 20th century, and North Korea because why not.
Commonwealth antiquations of war-time conventions clearly creates an unprecedented state of discontention that is manufactured by war-profiteers invoked largely by the BUSH whitehouse in efforts to contain regional authority invoking an Iraq that is an effectual QUAGMIRE of first-world predeterminations

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They had an army we could destroy quickly (again) and a country we could spend money in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

halliburton. CLOSE THREAD

• Locked thread