Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Like, we didnt used to say

I'm watching the TV set
I'm watching the flat-screen
I'm watching the satellite
I'm watching the PC

Its weird that people refer to the distribution service rather than what they;re watching - a show or movie/film.

IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm yes i see thanks for sharing

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Im just using Firefox, hold on./

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Be right there, just listening to iTUnes.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

here i have in fron tof me, netflix. the physical object, this thing allows me to receive streamed movies to my living room.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I'm just reading my kindle, I'll clean my room in a bit.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

netflix is directly comparable to a pc or tv set. coincidentally yesterday my netflix fell off of the wooden stand and broke into a million pieces.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Netflix is a gang

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've told people I'm watching TV before. This isn't a good thread.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yes, op. No one ever said "I'm watching TV" or "I'm listening to the radio".

You made such an excellent point.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

That's because nobody actually watches anything. They just search for stuff and then second guess their decisions for hours.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

opus if I could give you three ones like your username suggests i would

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

dog buttz posted:

That's because nobody actually watches anything. They just search for stuff and then second guess their decisions for hours.

aha i understand. thax.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Yes, op. No one ever said "I'm watching TV" or "I'm listening to the radio".

You made such an excellent point.
hobbies: listening to the radio.

OR

hobbies: music/ listening to talkshows.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

opus if I could give you three ones like your username suggests i would

thanks, pal.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
People literally say, to this day, I'm watching TV.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

dog buttz posted:

this is 100% true

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i watched a movie on netflix last night it was aboiut a boring dinner party but then they realize theyve become stuck in like the boring dinner party dimension in a neighborhood with infinite copies of their same boring dinner party

it was cool

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Because it's more vague than admitting that you watched five seasons of Dharma and Greg in two days.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm watching HBO, CBS, NBC :vomarine:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Netflix isn't the equivalent of a TV or PC, it's not a physical object. It's the equivalent of CBS or Fox.

naem
May 29, 2011

I am $700 dollar thing I don't need -ing

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
im watching xfiles on hulu, op

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

opus111 posted:

Like, we didnt used to say

I'm watching the TV set
I'm watching the flat-screen
I'm watching the satellite
I'm watching the PC

Its weird that people refer to the distribution service rather than what they;re watching - a show or movie/film.

IMO.

I didn't think anyone around here could sound more old fashioned than me and genesplicer, but here we are

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I am xeroxing my rear end

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Baba Ganoush posted:

Netflix is a gang

A gang of quality programming, new and old.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
brb, gonna go play some Steam.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

dog buttz posted:

And since everyone does this it's a good conversation starter. You read the description of the new Amish movie too?

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
and whats with ppl using google as a verb? it's a noun. Not, you old coot

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

gnarlyhotep posted:

I didn't think anyone around here could sound more old fashioned than me and genesplicer, but here we are

Those drat kids really need to get off his lawn.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Ruddha posted:

and whats with ppl using google as a verb? it's a noun. Not, you old coot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKEw7JNVcnw

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I had an old neighbor who said I'm watching tv but he only ever watched a VHS copy of the the broadway musical Cats.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"i'm watching tv"

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm reading and writing on the internet

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

im forumsing

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

this is a really autistic sentiment OP, they are clearly implying they like to sit around and watch tv shows and movies on streaming services and they identify that with netflix mainly

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

this is a really autistic sentiment OP, they are clearly implying they like to sit around and watch tv shows and movies on streaming services and they identify that with netflix mainly

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i am watching programming

programming that will turn me into a saccharine brained unaffectionate spokesperson for products and/or services to my friends and family

naem
May 29, 2011

My iPhone 6 plus I just got would have been great for watching things my last attempt at a serious girlfriend didn't like alone in the corner fitfully, while she painted her toenails, or whatever the hell that was she was always doing that took up like my entire apartment, I typed to myself all alone, in my underpants, also in the corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

can someone hand me a kleenex? I spilled some coke.

• Locked thread