Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

opus111 posted:

Like, we didnt used to say

I'm watching the TV set
I'm watching the flat-screen
I'm watching the satellite
I'm watching the PC

Its weird that people refer to the distribution service rather than what they;re watching - a show or movie/film.

IMO.

Band Aid
Coke
Kleenex

Etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
it's cool how sad lonely white girls talk about how their boyfriend is netflix

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I like to watch my Sony brand television

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i drove my toyota to the shell and bought a mcdonalds then went to work at bank of america

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Watching the Netflix right now OP. I think for $8 a month it is a Good Deal.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk OP but that Marco Polo was pretty good

the kung fu in there is great

naem
May 29, 2011

Business Octopus posted:

it's cool how sad lonely white girls talk about how their boyfriend is netflix

This phenomena accounts for like 80% of my love life

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

old dog child posted:

Band Aid
Coke
Kleenex

Etc

styrofoam

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Americans always go on about Netflix like it's a gift from god so I thought I'd get a good VPN service and try it out. It's poo poo.

The way people talk about it I expected it to have heaps of poo poo in it's library but Netflix has bugger all. Also the website is outdated, broken and poo poo and the recommendations it just pulls out of its rear end.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I'm watching Blockbuster.

e: I could single-handedly bring them back from bankruptcy with my current late fees.

Butthead fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 22, 2014

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

gnarlyhotep posted:

I didn't think anyone around here could sound more old fashioned than me and genesplicer, but here we are

this begs the question: how old are you?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

krampster2 posted:

Americans always go on about Netflix like it's a gift from god so I thought I'd get a good VPN service and try it out. It's poo poo.

The way people talk about it I expected it to have heaps of poo poo in it's library but Netflix has bugger all. Also the website is outdated, broken and poo poo and the recommendations it just pulls out of its rear end.

It's good in the states; sorry about your domain/browser

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

krampster2 posted:

The problem isn't so much Netflix, it's that 99% of tv/movies are poo poo.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

H.H posted:

this begs the question: how old are you?

I get asked this at least once a week, maybe I should just make a sticky thread "gnarlyhotep is 42 years old, will update next year"

naem
May 29, 2011

Libelous Slander posted:

It's good in the states; sorry about your domain/browser

It's also like, $7 a month, I haven't paid for cable in years

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

naem posted:

It's also like, $7 a month, I haven't paid for cable in years

same

and their original productions are amazingly good, way better than most regular TV crap

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

op for some people watching tv = watching a live channel, if they put a dvd or tape in they dont say watching tv they say watching a dvd/video/movie. and if its a streaming internet show they say watching netflix. hth

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
opus has made retarded posts before but i can't imagine where

Mr Funkface
Dec 21, 2009
The hoover and hoovering is popular in my county. Perhaps other corporate-type idioms.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's vague cause no one really gives a poo poo and/or you're ashamed

naem
May 29, 2011

I know a family who's two kids had never seen broadcast television because they just Netflix or instant download stuff, they kept asking to pause

The 7 year old kept tapping the tv screen

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

same

and their original productions are amazingly good, way better than most regular TV crap

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

naem posted:

I know a family who's two kids had never seen broadcast television because they just Netflix or instant download stuff, they kept asking to pause

The 7 year old kept tapping the tv screen

i pulled out an old PAYG phone in frnot of a 10 year old girl (relative) the other day and she tried tapping the tiny monochrome screen.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Same as people who say "I like to eat at buffets." Incapable of choice, unsatiated with less than four normal servings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
and whats the deal with airline food

• Locked thread