Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Veeb0rg posted:

Ain't broke, don't fix it.

People poo poo on GM about the parts bin stuff, but give kudos to Toyota for it. lol

How many flushes did you try? I tried a couple different radiator flushes with some chemicals on my junkyard engine (rusty water passages) and I could never get it all out after like 10 flushes. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

kastein posted:

Cracks me up every time. I love partsbinning, it's just good engineering all around and means we as gearheads have a larger pool of things to lego together.

My usual example: I can bolt an '09 Chevy Impala SS LS4 V8 engine directly to the transmission of a 4 or 6cyl auto or manual 1991 Toyota pickup using late 80s or mid to late 90s Jeep or Dodge parts.

That wouldn't be possible if OEMs weren't partsbinning bastards.

Oh agreed completely. People always tout it as an "lol GM" thing but it's awesome to be able to bolt on a billion different shits to your totally different car.

• Locked thread