Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's a cool service, I signed up but none of my local yards participate :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Those novas are rarer than hens teeth, I know because I owned the jdm version (sprinter) in japan. When I came back stateside I kept my eyes out for years and have never seen one for sale since. Think ive seen one in the wild maybe twice, and have never seen one in a yard so good luck with that. I imagine a very small number of them were produced.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

When I was in Japan I couldn't afford an 86 (hence the sprinter) but always figured Id end up with one here but I waited too long and now I can't afford to have one again :(

Its easier and cheaper just to stick with miatas at this point. I still pine for an 86 though, my favorite was a Japanese dude I knew with a maroon notchback and black watanabes, I can still picture it clearly to this day, and that was back in like '91.

Edit: posting from a phone sucks

Edit 2: Pic of my Sprinter circa 1991 :allears:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 26, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

TheLarson posted:

That's cool. Do you recall the exact year/model of the car? I've never seen or heard of those.

It was an '86 or '87 Toyota Sprinter "Twin Cam", 4AGE.

I beat the piss out of that car on mountain passes. No tofu delivering though :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Laserface posted:

I just bought a Nardi 350mm Deep Corn. In comparison to my old Momo Monte Carlo (330mm), the wheel itself is a little thinner and I dont know if I like it.

I previously had the Momo on a 20mm spacer as its a flat wheel, and the Nardi is about another 10-15mm deeper so I ditched the spacer.

I got the Nardi in Tokyo for a pretty good discount over locally sold ones so I might just sell it and put the money towards a Personal.

How do you like 350 compared to 330? I've gone back and forth in my head which way I should go for my Miata, and funny enough it's between a mote carlo and deep corn, but I think I'm pretty set on 330 because 350 just looks big and I think would also feel too big in a Miata. Also I've owned a Monte carlo before so I'm kinda partial to those but the deep corn 330 looks awesome.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Looks incredible, can't wait to see it all buttoned up!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

REDSUNS

NITEKIDS

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nodoze posted:

They didn't have an 86 :colbert:

SPDSTRS :colbert:

Or how bout

BUNTA :v:

But yeah I like TOFUTAX and ERUOBT

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Midjack posted:

WEABOO seems like it will invite a keying.

Lol good point, didn't think of that.

I guess you wouldn't want something that everyone would understand.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just curious, but why did you go with a black front bumper?

Love the car man, you did a great job and it makes me want to restore one myself if i could find one that was worth it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Vote for the JDM badging, the USDM sticker is gawdy as hell, plus the "Apex Twin Cam 16" Reminds me of the (FWD) Corolla I had in Japan :allears:

The Apex and Trueno badging just look and sound so much cooler than GTS to me. And it's subtle, not screaming GTS TWIN CAM LOOK AT MEEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Welp looks like you're gonna have to use BUNTA :v:

• Locked thread