Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I got the Sims 3! Great! But I'm a mindless drone who has spent his entire life with people telling him what to do. I'm used to video games telling me to jump, and giving waypoints to the exact height I need to jump to. This unfortunately doesn't translate well into the Sims 3, especially seeing as it's probably the most sandboxxy of sandbox games that isn't just some open mod. I don't want freedom!

That's when I had an idea. I'll have you fine ladies and gentlemen tell me what do in the game, and I'll post screenshots of our tomfoolery! You give me an idea for a long term or (preferably) short term goal, and I'll try my best to reach them. Or record the results of me failing. So let's do that. YOU tell me what do in the Sims 3, and I'll do my best to try to accomplish it. It's a win/kinda-win situation. I get some precious linearity and you get to vicariously play a game you'll never buy and maybe I'll make the game look pretty fun in the process.

But maybe we should lay down some ground work. Don't be dumb and say "grow wings and fly" or "kill yourself", even ironically. Well, I mean, don't ask me to kill the Sim. You can tell me to kill myself as much as you want as long as you add to the thread. Now, when I say "short term," I mean things that can be accomplished in a day or three. Things like, "make a new friend," "set yourself on fire," and "set your new friend on fire." "Long-term" is exactly what it sounds like...but to a certain extent. I don't want to spend this entire let's play trying to achieve the same goal. Suggest something that will be entertaining to watch progress, with a lot of variability. Maybe even something that'll lead into more short-term goals, like, "save some money for a vacation," "renovate the kitchen," or even "find a new job."

You should know, before we go on, that there are some things I'll never do. Firstly, I don't want a bunch of roommates to control, save for a potential romantic partner and some crotch spawnlings for our lucky Sim. I also won't move housing locations every ten seconds; or at all for that matter. Most importantly, I don't want this to turn into a murder and dying simulator. If people die in this let's play, it'll be because of their own fault and volition.

Enough about what I won't do, here's what I can do. The Sims 3 has a lot of flexibility. Even if something isn't particularly possible in the game, I'll at least try to portray your idea the best way I can. IF I can. So you give me your suggestions, and I add it to my handy-dandy to do list, which I'll try to accomplish and update every entry! But this won't go on forever, because our ultimate goal is to die. When our Sim dies, it's all over. Of old age, mind you; we're not going to go jump off of a cliff any time soon.

Oh and just to clarify, if I cross out a goal you wanted, it's not because of spite or personal reasons. I love you all too much for that. It's just that it conflicted with what somebody else said and nobody came to a consensus, or it just isn't possible either at the time or at all.

If you're Sims 3-savvy, or are willing do some research, I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Night Life, Show Time, Seasons, Supernatural, University Life, Generations, and Pets expansion packs. I don't have any of the stuff packs or the newer expansions, though. For god's sake, I have standards. They're just not very high.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Prologue: A Doofus
Day 1: Friends
Day 2: Monday
Day 3 and 4: Training
Day 5 and 6: Investigation
Day 7 and 8: The Dog Dies By The End
Day 9, 10, and 11: Invention
Day 12, 13, and 14: House Party
Day 15 and 16: Magic
Day 17 and 18: Going Out
Day 19 and 20: Sucks
Let's Make A Neighbor
Our New Neighbors
Day 21 and 22: Employment
Day 23 and 24 Part 1: Money
Day 23 and 24 Part 2: Funding
College Begins
College: Week 1
College: Week 2
College: Week 3
College: Week 4
College: Week 5
College: Week 6
College: Week 7
College: Week 8
College: Week 9
Let's Make A Game Room
Welcome Back!
Day 25: Work
Vacation 1: Hawaii

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 5, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Fun Stuff

LifeofaGuardian

Kojiro

Jobbo-Fett

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 22, 2015

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Build: like a balloon made of meat.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ohhh, I thought pick one trait was for the actual traits the characters have.

In that case, going to stick with the first one. Let's be a girl

bawk fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 22, 2014

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Oh, I think you're confused. Only one trait, not the whole list.

Edit: Girl it is.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 22, 2014

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Lets make that a ripped meatballoon.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
Hair and hair color: Bright, fire-truck red hair, cut short, but kept messy.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Ears you can catch HBO with

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Give her a nose Michael Jackson would be proud of(as short and slanted up as we can get).

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 22, 2014

Indiiea
Sep 26, 2013
Make up: A bright-colored lipstick with little to no shine. WA eyeliner, one of those "pharaoh" ones. It should be black as coal, and then eyeshadow that matches her lips. The lipstick and eyeshadow color can be any that matches her clothes and hair.

Then, if it's not too early (?), might I suggest a way we begin playing our character?

It's something I've called a 0-start. When you move in your either cheat or buy insignificant items like bushes so your funds are zero. Since you have nothing on your lot, you'll really have to start from the bottom. For example: pick stones or steal items for money, sleep on benches and try find food in some way.

Indiiea fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 22, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Muscle Tone: Like The Hulk on steroids.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Head shape: As close to a perfect square as you can get by playing with the sliders.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Mouth: The tiniest possible sad mouth.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Skin: As smooth and dark ebony as possible.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Eyes should be really, really big. No, bigger than that. No, bigger. And make them super bright blue. Long eyelashes.

No glasses, with our giant eyes we can see everything.

See.

See.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So basically we have made what would happen if we spliced Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, and Cher together.

Good work everyone Tits and Chin are left.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 22, 2014

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Tits: As big as possible. Everyone knows that tits sliders only go in one direction: all the way up.

MrsPooky
Jun 25, 2003

by Smythe
Chin: Bruce Campbell

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
This is going to be some sort of terrifying Manga Warrior woman.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Prologue: A Doofus

Enough talk, let's get started. With more talking.

Firstly, we're going to start by creating our strapping young adult. And here's where you first get to come in. Below I have a list of traits. You, yes YOU get to pick one (and only one) trait and describe how you want it to look. If you're picking a gender specific trait while gender is undecided, you'll also get to pick its opposite-gendered counterpart; lucky you! You're out of luck, gender's been determined! You can only pick female-exclusive traits. If your description skills aren't up to snuff, you can use a photo if you want. If you have a really exaggerated trait, I'll try my best to make it look...well, appealing. We're going to be looking at this Sim for quite a while, y'know? Don't worry though, I won't take this liberty to a particularly large extent.

...I promise that there'll be more screenshots and less talking later.

If a trait suggestion has already been taken, it'll be written in plain text rather than bold and underlined with the chosen description written next to it.

You're a bit too late for this.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Build: Zybourne Clock says: like a balloon made of meat.

Muscle tone: Thesaya says: Lets make that a ripped meatballoon.

Breast Size (female) or Body Hair (male): El Generico says: As big as possible. Everyone knows that tits sliders only go in one direction: all the way up.

Hair and hair color: silversatyr says: Bright, fire-truck red hair, cut short, but kept messy.

Skin color, freckles and beauty marks: sullat says: As smooth and dark ebony as possible.

Head shape: Tiggum says: As close to a perfect square as you can get by playing with the sliders.

Eyes (shape, color, glasses and eyelashes): biosterous says: should be really, really big. No, bigger than that. No, bigger. And make them super bright blue. Long eyelashes. No glasses, with our giant eyes we can see everything.

Nose: Fat and Useless says: Give her a nose Michael Jackson would be proud of(as short and slanted up as we can get).

Ears: anilEhilated says: Ears you can catch HBO with

Mouth: Cathulhu says: The tiniest possible sad mouth.

Chin: MrsPooky says: Bruce Campbell

Make up: Indiiea says: Make up: A bright-colored lipstick with little to no shine. WA eyeliner, one of those "pharaoh" ones. It should be black as coal, and then eyeshadow that matches her lips. The lipstick and eyeshadow color can be any that matches her clothes and hair.

Ugh...

Microwave meal for one...again...

Huh? What was that noise?

...Hello? ...Is somebody there?

I guess I better go check it out.

Who could be out here in the freezing rain?

Hello? Is anybody out there?

What? Oh! Excuse me ma'am.

You must be the one making all that noise. Are you lost?

It must be below zero out here! How about you come inside? I can microwave us a TV dinner.

Ma'am? Can you hear me?

W-what? How...where did she go?

Ma'am? Ma'am!?

...Maybe I'm just...imagining things. I'll just head back inside.

JESUS CHRI--

Now where did she run off to?

Oh! There she is.

What are you doing out here, all alone?

Ladies and gentlemen, our creation.

This is a doofus.

But not just any doofus, she's our doofus. Her name is Samara, and her interests include drooling and mouthbreathing.

We can't go through the game playing as a personalityless lump! Which is why I need your help.

Now we're going to decide the personality traits for Samara.

And I suggest you hurry. Doofuses can drown by looking up in a rainstorm.

Before we get started, this is a list of personality traits Samara can express. Study them carefully, they're not so easy to change once we've decided. Once you've read all of them, make sure to read how we're going to decide her personality below at the bottom.

Click here to go to the results!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Absent Minded: Samara will forget what she's doing and just gawk at nothing.

Adventerous: Samara will enjoy traveling abroad. A very situational trait.

Ambitious: Samara will want to push the boundaries more, but will become depressed if she doesn't.

Angler: Samara will enjoy fishing.

Animal Lover: Samara will want pets and enjoy them more.

Artistic: Samara will like art and be better at artistic skills.

Athletic: Samara will like to exercise and will preform better at sports.

Avant Garde: A gimmick trait. Samara will like spray painting art.

Bookworm: Samara will like reading, and finish books faster.

Born Saleswoman: Samara will be better at selling things she finds or makes.

Brave: Exactly what it says on the tin.

Brooding: Samara will occasionally be reclusive, and will want to sit and pout every now and then.

Can't Stand Art: Samara hates art, probably because she'll be awful at making it herself.

Cat Person: A gimmick trait. Samara will like cats.

Charismatic: Samara will be better at socializing and manipulating people.

Childish: Samara just doesn't know when to grow up.

Clumsy: Samara will be a walking disaster and often times will break everything she touches.

Commitment Issues: Samara will enjoy cheating on partners, switching jobs, and will try to avoid getting married.

Computer Whiz: Samara will be a tech junkie. She'll also be better at video games.

Couch Potato: Samara will be lazy, and content to stare at a TV for hours. She'll also like video games.

Coward: The opposite of brave. Occasionally, Samara can even pass out from fear.

Daredevil: Samara will enjoy danger, like setting things on fire or other things that could cause her harm.

Disciplined: A gimmick trait. Samara will be better at knowing kung fu, but said kung fu is rare and hard to improve.

Dislikes Children: I think this speaks for itself.

Diva: Samara will be self obsessed, and blow her misfortunes out of proportions.

Dog Person: Gimmick trait. Samara will like dogs.

Dramatic: Samara will blow certain events out of proportions, but will also enjoy even negative things happening to her if they're dramatic enough.

Easily Impressed: Samara will be slack jawed at the smallest of accomplishments of others.

Eccentric: A gimmick trait. Samara will be better at inventing things at a work bench.

Eco-friendly: A gimmick trait. Samara will prefer recycling, low energy housing, and so on.

Equestrian: A gimmick trait. Samara will like horses.

Evil: A really overdone and commonly picked trait. Samara will be evil, 'nuff said.

Excitable: Samara will become excited whenever strong negative or positive things happen to her.

Family-Oriented: Samara will enjoy settling down and starting a family.

Flirty: Samara will be better at romantic interactions, to the point of almost assured success.

Friendly: Samara will be nicer to people. How boring.

Frugal: A gimmick trait. Samara can do things like clip coupons, and will be upset if she isn't getting a good deal.

Gatherer: Samara will be better at finding random objects around the overworld, and typically will find rarer goods.

Genius: Samara will be smart, but who wants to play as a smart Sim?

Good: Samara will enjoy helping others and cheering them up.

Good Sense of Humor: Samara will be better at telling jokes and will generally laugh at anything.

Great Kisser: A gimmick trait. Samara knows how to smooch 'em.

Green Thumb: A gimmick trait. Samara will be better at gardening.

Grumpy: Samara will generally be more argumentative and some days just simply upset.

Handy: Samara will be better at fixing and improving objects. Compliments the Clumsy trait because you'll be breaking a lot of things.

Hates the Outdoors: The sun burns. Why are the birds so noisy? I want to go home.

Heavy Sleeper: A really stupid trait. Samara will sleep through loud noises, which generally are rare in bedrooms.

Hopeless Romantic: Samara will want a monogamous relationship, and will swoon over anybody until then.

Hot headed: Samara usually won't get sad, upset, jealous, or scared. Just really, really mad.

Hydrophobic: A gimmick trait. Samara will hate water and swimming.

Inappropriate: Samara will do things out of the ordinary, like kiss a random person, show up to a party in her underwear, or steal food from a friend's house.

Insane: This trait sounds interesting, but it's really not. Samara will just wear the wrong clothes sometimes and say random things to people.

Irresistible: Samara will often be found attractive by other people.

Kleptomaniac: Samara will enjoy stealing things, but will have regrets later unless paired with the Evil trait.

Light Sleeper: A useless trait. Samara will just wake up more easily to loud noises. Except loud noises already wake you up.

Loner: Samara will enjoy staying alone, dislike people, and not enjoy crowds.

Loser: Samara will have the worst luck in anything, but will be much more happier than other Sims when just about anything goes right.

Loves the cold: A really stupid trait. Samara can handle cold weather better.

Loves the heat: The same as above, except warmer.

Loves the Outdoors: I want to go outside! Listen to the birds! Feel the sun!

Lucky: Samara will often have better luck with things, and some days have assured success in any luck-based action.

Mean spirited: Samara will be more violent, and be better at said violence. Not great for making friends.

Mooch: A gimmick trait. Samara can leech food or money off of people.

Natural Born Performer: A gimmick trait. Samara will be better at preforming on stages.

Natural Cook: A kind of gimmicky trait. Samara will be better at cooking, but cooking is a very commonly used skill.

Neat: Samara will enjoy cleaning up, and will refuse to use anything she finds disgusting.

Neurotic: Samara will constantly believe the world is out to get her, and thinks she sees things that others do not.

Never Nude: A really dumb trait. Samara will just wear bathing suits instead of getting skinny.

Night Owl: Samara will be more of a night person. Not really the best trait for working at jobs.

No sense of humor: Samara won't get any jokes, will be bad at telling them, and will ramble on about boring things--to the point of putting people to sleep.

Nurturing: Samara will be more understanding of and better at raising young pets and Sims.

Over Emotional: Take a standard emotional reaction, multiply it by ten.

Party Animal: Samara will enjoy throwing parties, and loses all inhibitions during one.

Perceptive: Samara will be better at analyzing people's personalities and detective work.

Perfectionist: Samara will create better objects, but will take much longer to finish them.

Photographer's Eye: A gimmick trait. Samara will be better at photography.

Proper: Samara will be more polite, and be offended at any rudeness she witnesses.

Rebellious: Samara will enjoy doing things that break social norms, and be more likely to get away with it.

Savvy Sculptor: A gimmick trait. Samara will be better at sculpting.

Schmoozer: Samara will excel at cheap flattery and small talk, allowing better relationships with people she's just met.

Shy: Samara will be uncomfortable making new friends, and will prefer being around the few friends she has.

Slob: Samara will be messy, but not care if her house is disgusting.

Snob: Samara will be self obsessed, and usually boast about herself.

Social Butterfly: Samara will want to constantly socialize and be the center of attention.

Socially Awkward: Remember that fat kid in high school that nobody liked and talked about really creepy things? Like that.

Star Quality: Samara will want to be the center of attention...and usually gets it.

Supernatural Fan: A gimmick trait. Samara will enjoy fantasy.

Supernatural Skeptic: A gimmick trait. Samara will hate fantasy.

Technophobe: Samara will hate technology, and will enjoy breaking high-tech objects like computers or high-end stereos.

Unflirty: So uh, when can I touch you? Just like...on the shoulder?

Unlucky: Murphy's Law on steroids. But Samara will enjoy when anything goes right.

Vegetarian: A...mostly gimmicky trait. Samara will get sick if she eats meat, but all meat-based foods will have a vegetarian counterpart she can make. Samara will also live longer.

Vehicle Enthusiast: A really stupid trait. Samara will just be able to name her car earlier and enjoy driving cars (which doesn't matter because the bonus goes away when she stops driving).

Virtuoso: Samara will enjoy listening to and creating music.

Workaholic: Samara will enjoy doing anything that keeps her busy...to the point of obsession.

________________________________________________________________________________________

So here's how it'll go. YOU, as an individual, get to post TWO traits you want Samara to have. But only the first 10 people to post will get a chance for their selected traits to be expressed by Samara.

Afterwards, I'll use random luck to decide what traits Samara will get to have. You can skip this paragraph if you don't care about statistics. Firstly, a drawing to see which 5 out of the 10 posters will have one of their selected traits chosen, and then a coin flip to determine which one of their two suggested traits will be picked. Samara can express 5 traits in total, so the 10 posters have a good 50% chance of being picked. If a person's chosen trait conflicts with another, their other trait will be picked. If both of their traits conflict, then another person will be chosen instead.

Click here to go to the results!

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 6, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Absent Minded

Clumsy

:getin:

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Diva and Neurotic

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Mean-Spirited

Socially Awkward

The gooniest Sim.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Slob and Evil.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
Star Quality

Unlucky

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Absent Minded

Clumsy

:getin:

This one.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

To my mind, a dumb doofus needs

Easily Impressed
Dramatic

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Lucky and Mooch

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
Unlucky, so if any of our decisions kill her, The Grim Reaper will have pity.

And... Hm...
Equestrian
So we can send her to try and ride horsies, possibly through flaming hoops.

Those things have perfect synergy, and won't lead to dangerous outcomes whatsoever.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Shy and No Sense Of Humor.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Brave and Daredevil.

:black101:

e: oh, I can't count.

fffff fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 23, 2014

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
And The Winners Are:

Lotish, with Easily Impressed!

Jobbo_Fet, with Clumsy!

Eclectic Tastes, with Mean-Spirited!

RBA Starblade, with an extension of Jobbo_Fet, Absent Minded!

Silversatyr, with Unlucky!

That means from now on, Samara is a slack-jawed clumsy oaf with a bad streak and a chip on her shoulder.

Wow. You guys don't want to make this easy.

Well, at the very least, congratulation to the winners!

We'll just forcibly implant these personality traits onto Samara's brain.

In the meantime, let's look at our new house!

Oh right. We're homeless.

Actually, now that I think of it, we only have three whole dollars to our name.

Oh my, homeless AND tired, too.

We're not some sort of animal, though. We're not going to just nap on the ground.

It's a big neighborhood here in Lunar Falls. Filled with bars, bowling alleys, arcades, restaurants, and lots of friendly neighbors. It's a town of opportunity.

Opportunity of which costs a lot more than three bucks.

Oh well. Let's take our yoga pants over to this public pool.

Until we get enough money to do...well, anything, we're going to be living off the land for a while.

That is, the land owned by other people.

This pool is a suitable place to set up.

Lounge chairs for sleeping, public bathrooms to do our business, and if we need a shower than we can go for a dip in the pool.

It's the middle of Fall, after all. This pool probably won't get a lot of foottraffic so we practically own this place until it's warmer out.

Samara will be getting some shut-eye for now. Tomorrow is when we can really start having some fun. I'll add "get money" as a long-term goal, and you guys can suggest how Samara will be spending her day. Preferably in ways that will land us some greenbacks.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
Easily impressed, mean-spirited and clumsy? This should be fun~

How about getting a part-time job at a store or bar? We should start getting some cashflow coming in so we have money for food and stuff.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I think our first priority should be to make some friends.

And then set them on fire.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Who needs a job? I think she should work on making a friend she can mooch off. Try to basically live in someone else's house.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
I'm sure we'd make lots of friends in the military!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
We're living at the pool, let's take advantage of this and learn how to swim!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

What self respecting person can't cook? Invade someone's domicile and learn to make a proper meal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Samara needs to start small. She should try producing videos for the internet, talking about random things that occur in her daily life or assessing the quality of items. She could also become a beggar, and corner the market on blogging beggars.

Alternately, try to become a professional poker player.

• Locked thread