Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

Shadow posted:

I'm 33 now and have no intention of dragging out a relationship to several months or a year just so I give off the illusion of "settling down." Quite frankly I find that poo poo childish. If I know there's no future, I'd rather kill the thread rather than lead someone on.

If I was a 12.5 years Goon veteran, I reckon I'd be slipping forum references into everyday situations too. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
"But grandma, I'm Aatrek and I'm doing my best! Next year I promise I'll bring a cute girl over! In my trunk!"

http://youtu.be/hUuez27Vhbs?t=1m28s

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I just broke up with one because she had cancer.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
All my grandmothers are dead thanks for the bad feelings OP.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

HEY VAPER posted:

i brought a troon to xmas dinner but grandma recognized her as my childhood friend greg

Be more sensitive,, use her fe-name: Greggina.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

HEY VAPER posted:

i brought a troon to xmas dinner but grandma recognized her as my childhood friend greg

Either Granny's got cracking eyesight for her age or Gregina is.. just.. I dunno.. really bad at it.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
My grandma straight up told me I'm not getting an inheritance unless I carry on the family name, and wasn't joking.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Gunky Junket posted:

If I was a 12.5 years Goon veteran, I reckon I'd be slipping forum references into everyday situations too. :D

A more appropriate term in that case would have been "SEVER" :eng101:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

generative grammer posted:

"well the times are different granny, these days you got to try and shop around and strive in the cutthroat sexual marketplace while in the olden days you married the first ugly hag you managed to knock up at the village fair, just like grandpa had to"
I wonder what the stat differences on people staying single longer are? It seems like in a society where both genders are pretty career/future oriented a lot less people are marrying their high school and college sweethearts because moving around for schools and work just pulls everyone apart. In 2014 moving to a new city with you boyfriend/girlfriend who got a job is kind of unfeasible unless they're pulling in a ton of money and completely willing to support you financially.

It's weird though because even though it seems like not settling down is super common it's still kind of a negative thing, like if you make it to your 30s and aren't married you will get poo poo for it.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

Shadow posted:

A more appropriate term in that case would have been "SEVER" :eng101:

Lol yep, Shadow.. stick with "kill the thread" over "sever ties" though, it's delightfully endearingly goonish. :D

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

I wonder what the stat differences on people staying single longer are? It seems like in a society where both genders are pretty career/future oriented a lot less people are marrying their high school and college sweethearts because moving around for schools and work just pulls everyone apart. In 2014 moving to a new city with you boyfriend/girlfriend who got a job is kind of unfeasible unless they're pulling in a ton of money and completely willing to support you financially.

It's weird though because even though it seems like not settling down is super common it's still kind of a negative thing, like if you make it to your 30s and aren't married you will get poo poo for it.

To be fair, you tend to get poo poo for it from older generation family members or people who were the exact opposite of the demographic you described. People who DID marry their high school or college sweethearts, settled in or next to the hometown they grow up in, and have no intention to ever leave. If their current job doesn't fire them or shut down for 20 years, they will never so much as update their resumes to "test the market." Those people will probably join the club of "WHEN U GETTING MARRIED? :haw:" Beyond that, it'll be your 55-75 year old relatives who would don't get it since the only people over 30 or 35 who weren't married when they were that age were "hussies" and "bachelors" and "sonny, you ain't no titan of industry."

gently caress YOU GRANDMA

(all my grandparents are dead so whatever)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

unlimited shrimp posted:

My grandma straight up told me I'm not getting an inheritance unless I carry on the family name, and wasn't joking.

This is begging for some sort of zanty antics involving a (possibly lesbian) friend.

e: Although demanding procreation could ruin this plan.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

asexual, look it up.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SilvergunSuperman posted:

This is begging for some sort of zanty antics involving a (possibly lesbian) friend.

e: Although demanding procreation could ruin this plan.

if the inheritance is big enough, you dont even have to raise the kid. or give it up when grandma dies, you can also do that.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

My only living grandparent has severe dementia, and doesn't know who I am anymore. So I'm in the clear this year!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im married to the sea

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i'm in love with my car

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
idk gramps, it's been hard finding a girlfriend. most women seem to find the idea of dating a guy who also has a boyfriend kind of weird

but if i ever find one who isn't hideously repulsive i promise i'll get you some good quality bisexual autistic grandchildren

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Best excuse:

- Can't afford a GF because of all the new taxes laid on Generation Y & Z to support the old entitled generation
- We outsourced dating to an app, but there's a bug in it, so everyone had to break up and be single until July when the new version rolls out and we get our new matches
- Divorce takes half, so everyone decided that it was better just to gently caress around all the time, and nobody ever gets divorce alimony's going forward

- waiting till 2050 when the cyborg sexbots come out, and your will covers the sexbot cost.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hal_2005 posted:

Best excuse:

- Can't afford a GF because of all the new taxes laid on Generation Y & Z to support the old entitled generation
- We outsourced dating to an app, but there's a bug in it, so everyone had to break up and be single until July when the new version rolls out and we get our new matches
- Divorce takes half, so everyone decided that it was better just to gently caress around all the time, and nobody ever gets divorce alimony's going forward

- waiting till 2050 when the cyborg sexbots come out, and your will covers the sexbot cost.

thanks canadian d&d guy, for the logical reasons. i will deploy them at my next traditional blood moot

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
Merry christmas.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Oh we not dating?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Bet that guy thinks he's so cute and found the ultimate online pick up line but girls are laughing at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

krampster2 posted:

Bet that guy thinks he's so cute and found the ultimate online pick up line but girls are laughing at him

• Locked thread