Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

killaer posted:

Jesus h christos. Im sorry it just doesnt seem like any of those things are good??
lol nice reasoning there idiot.

"It has a big weird name that I don't understand!!! That must mean it's bad!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Feminition posted:

bad thomas edison was a witch

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

its ok, if you want to feel better about yourself you can get body care products made entirely from plants* (which produce functionally similar chemicals to the ones you are trying to avoid)

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
feels better than washing with soap, op

skin doesn't feel as dry

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

FRAGRANCE

According to my filthy punkfag roomie.

Yeah...we all want less fragrance, fucker.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

killaer posted:

Saudium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Disterate, Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Sodium benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Magnesium carbonate hydroxiede, blue 1, red 33

I mean why is it a daily habit for people to bathe in this stuff could thsi be the reason people have cancer in the first place? Jesus h christos. Im sorry it just doesnt seem like any of those things are good?? And we begin to appreciate the artificial estradiol-based fragrances now instead of the real smell of a human, what gives?

PS: I tried using lemons as deoderant. Just rubbed that poo poo all over my armpits, it reduced the smell from rotten meat to almost-tea, not bad, not bad.

in your shampoo specifically? Just cum

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Whirlwind Jones posted:

lol nice reasoning there idiot.

"It has a big weird name that I don't understand!!! That must mean it's bad!!!"

A synthetic chemical cocktail with tons of completely unfamiliar residues? hey whatever, I better rub it on my body every single night from now until the day I die, should be totally harmless. The neutrogena chemical processing plant by my house is surrounded by dead vegetation and the water turned orange-brown, but hey, whatever I guess im a dumass

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
its actually Shem's Poo

Shem is the biblical progenitor of the Jewish People

you are wiping Jewish poop on your forehead

hth

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
im a loving consumer advocate

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Drink Cheerwine posted:

does tcc know about the meth in their shampoo

This fucker always makes me laugh.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

its actually Shem's Poo

Shem is the biblical progenitor of the Jewish People

you are wiping Jewish poop on your forehead

hth

gently caress you if you want it any other way.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

killaer posted:

im a loving consumer advocate

We're the lemons free range/organic? I didn't think so. Liar

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There was a goon who only used rose water on his head and not shampoo.

TheDeviousOne
Sep 11, 2001
You can find highly-regarded, peer reviewed articles that site using sodium-sulfates to literally strip all cells from rat organs. In this case it is structurally very similar to the poo poo they put in shampoo.
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v14/n2/full/nm1684.html

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Its just sheep fat, geez

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

t-gel shampoo is literally industrial waste lmao

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

This fucker always makes me laugh.

ty! ill be framing this post

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate + Sodium Lauryth Sulfate are bad for your hair, realtalk

they're both sudsing agents and they're also found in dish-washing and laundry detergent

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004

oval office raja posted:

they're both sudsing agents and they're also found in dish-washing and laundry detergent

what's good for my hair?

other than cum

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

ceebee posted:

what's good for my hair?

other than cum

Sulfated shampoos unnecessarily dry your hair by removing any natural oils that your scalp might produce. This makes your hair look frizzy and cause breakage and other damage. The real problem is stripping away the natural oils. Your hair wants to have some natural oils on it for protection plus then it looks shinier and better. So when you artificially strip away all of the oils every day by using sulfated shampoos, your body tries to produce even more oil. This is why, if you have long-ish hair, it will look so greasy if you don't shampoo it for 1 or 2 days in a row.

So the solution is to use sulfate-free shampoos or at the very least to cut back on the amount and frequency that you use regular shampoo. Warm/hot water and a vigorous scrubbing of your scalp with your fingernails or a strong comb is usually enough to clean your head and hair.

here is a short article that also points out other benefits of sulfate-free shampoo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
no poo 4 life

break the loving cycle

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

oval office raja posted:

hmmm yeah goons know better than the hundreds of millions of people that take showers with over billions of showers a year using pretty standard fare hair products and have perfectly fine looking hair

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
water softener and a bar of soap

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Xaris posted:

hmmm yeah goons know better than the hundreds of millions of people that take showers with over billions of showers a year using pretty standard fare hair products and have perfectly fine looking hair

He's right. You can see my post above if you care to learn anything otherwise proceed thinking you know everything.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
If you put shampoo on your wiener to use as a lubricant in the shower prepare yourself for some hosed up burning wiener when you piss.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Humboldt Squid posted:

t-gel shampoo is literally industrial waste lmao

U have inferior skin or crabbies to need tgel

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i use bar soap

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
Garnier Fructis uses the strength of israel to make your skin feel rich and luxurious

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
water (aqua)

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Stoic Commie posted:

Garnier Fructis uses the strength of israel to make your skin feel rich and luxurious

Shem blesses you

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

oval office raja posted:

name some
the one i really like has silicone in it which I'm told is even worse for hair long term

doesnt count if they get something that is literally a plant derived alternative of SLS just so they can say there's none in there and it's actually no better

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
but shampoo is for your scalp??? also don't use 'poo every day lols

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chemicals are bad

That's why I only shower once a week

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

killaer posted:

Saudium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Disterate, Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Sodium benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Magnesium carbonate hydroxiede, blue 1, red 33

I mean why is it a daily habit for people to bathe in this stuff could thsi be the reason people have cancer in the first place? Jesus h christos. Im sorry it just doesnt seem like any of those things are good?? And we begin to appreciate the artificial estradiol-based fragrances now instead of the real smell of a human, what gives?

PS: I tried using lemons as deoderant. Just rubbed that poo poo all over my armpits, it reduced the smell from rotten meat to almost-tea, not bad, not bad.

You're dumb

Polyquaternium-76 is not hazardous. It binds to the hair to make it lie flat, but it can't be absorbed through the skin very well. Oh hey, polyquaternium is also found in contact solution :monocle:

http://www.nicnas.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/8806/LTD1408FR.pdf

This keeps yucky stuff from growing in your shampoo, since bacteria love to grow in some of the stuff found in shampoo. It's not a carcinogen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylchloroisothiazolinone

Also

Feminition posted:

chemicals w/ long names are bad thomas edison was a witch

This. Just because you can't pronounce it doesn't mean it's bad for you

TheDeviousOne posted:

You can find highly-regarded, peer reviewed articles that site using sodium-sulfates to literally strip all cells from rat organs. In this case it is structurally very similar to the poo poo they put in shampoo.
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v14/n2/full/nm1684.html

Structurally very similar is actually a big difference when it comes to chemistry and chemical reactions. Just because something has a similar chemical name or a similar chemical structure doesn't mean they will have the same reactions. That's like saying carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide do the same thing to people

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
im pretty good at math and can assure you that carbon dioxide does exactly twice the amount of stuff to me that carbon monoxide does, idiot

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
hey put argan oil in your hair youre welcome

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
To all the goons claiming soap/water/shampoo dries/destroys/rapes your skin. Try spending more than $5 on your hygiene products. Get some Redken for men you disgusting pigs.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i wash my hair with some organic weed oil conditioner that doesn't have any weird chemicals in it besides a bunch of like plant oils and glycerin and poo poo, then rinse it out with doc bron's. It takes like 6 times as long as using cheapass detergent shampoo and makes my hair smell like weed oil if I don't rinse it out, but the stuff's pretty cheap and my hair is beautiful and soft and I don't immediately turn into a disgusting greasepit if I go a day without washing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMINAL
Dec 6, 2014

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

hey put argan oil in your hair youre welcome

yeah.

• Locked thread