Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
do you think that the CIA is good and useful
no
yes
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
we all know about the involuntary butt stuffing and stress positions, etc, but the CIA has a long history of hijinks

like the time they tried to put thallium salt onto castro's boots to make his beard (and other hair) fall out. (ctrl-F and search for thallium)

or more recently, when they started a fake vaccine campaign in pakistan in an attempt to find bin laden, and ended up making pakistanis even more wary of receiving vaccinations. allegedly nine polio vaccination workers were assassinated as blowback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
i liked when they subpoenaed lowtax over LF oh wiat that was the fbi or SS

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i liked the one where they kidnapped random americans and gave them drugs just because they wanted to see what would happen

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I enjoy all of the coups and assasinationsn in south America during the late 60's and 70's.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I liked when they deposed democratically elected Latin American governments and replaced them with brutal dictatorships a bunch of times

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Helping to overthrow the PM of Iran because he nationalised oil and install the shah for 26 years of authoritarian rule was p. cool

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
AIDS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the vaccines thing OP mentioned may well be the worst thing ever because of the amount of people that will die due to being suspicious of a livesaving medicine

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011
I'm a fan of their more recent work, like putting people's meals in a blender and then squirting it up their butt.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
the cia's guatemala coup made international news before it even happened because an agent accidentally left the plans for it behind in a guatemalan hotel room

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation
When they made that guy buttchug bro

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
i'm a fan of their ensuring my freedoms at home, by protecting our vital interests overseas

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
that time they setup a global drug ring lmao

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

9/11

naem
May 29, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

i'm a fan of their ensuring my freedoms at home, by protecting our vital interests overseas

Same and also the thing where lady cia agents are always smokin' hot blondes in movies

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Nation posted:

ah that led to some real classics. like when the CIA told the san francisco attorney general to return money recovered from a drug bust to the defendant because it belonged to the Contras

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I'm a fan of how the trade routes set up during the Iran Contra affair led to the 80s crack epidemic.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Nation posted:

The fact that ollie north and several other people in policy making and cia positions are still either employed by the us gov or their contractors make me smh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

funneling cocaine into los angeles and making an illiterate black man the most powerful drug lord in the country.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT5MY3C86bk

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

anal feeding is a pretty good joke

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i am gonna go with the time they gave an already crazy person continual doses of lsd in kentucky for 174 days

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
The gay bomb is pretty funny.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my favorite was when we trained osama bin laden to do terrorism to fight the soviets

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I wonder if the CIA guys who were involved in the butt chugging were also from that Tennessee frat that was into it.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fyodor posted:

funneling cocaine into los angeles and making an illiterate black man the most powerful drug lord in the country.

also having the journalist who uncovered all this shoot himself in the head, twice

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

teaching south american countries that the most effective way to disappear commies was to fly them over hte ocean and drop them from a plane

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

attempt to assassinate castro dozens of times in hilarious slapstick ways

quote:

1. Femme fatale. Marita Lorenz, just one of many women Castro counted as a mistress, allegedly accepted a deal from the CIA in which she would feed him capsules filled with poison. She managed to get as far as smuggling the pills into his bedroom in her jar of cold cream, but the pills dissolved in the cream and she doubted her ability to force-feed Castro face lotion, and she also just chickened out. According to Lorenz, Castro somehow figured out her plan and offered her his gun. “I can’t do it, Fidel,” she told him.

2. Poisoned wetsuit. While there’s nothing suspicious about receiving random diving gear from your enemy right in the middle of the Bay of Pigs Invasion, the CIA gave it a shot. In 1975, the Senate Intelligence Committee claimed it had "concrete evidence" of a plan to offer Castro a wetsuit lined with spores and bacteria that would give him a skin disease (and maybe worse). The plan supposedly involved American lawyer James B. Donovan, who would present Castro with the suit when he went to negotiate the release of the Bay of Pigs prisoners. A 1975 AP report said the plan was abandoned "because Donovan gave Castro a different diving suit on his own initiative."

3. Ballpoint hypodermic syringe. An ordinary-looking pen would be rigged with a hypodermic needle so fine that Castro wouldn’t notice when someone bumped into him with the pen and injected him with an extremely potent poison.

4. Exploding cigar. But this was no parlor trick – this cigar would have been packed with enough real explosives to take Fidel’s head off. In 1967, the Saturday Evening Post reported that a New York City police officer had been propositioned with the idea and hoped to carry it out during Castro's United Nations visit in September 1960.

5. Contaminated cigar. They may have given up on the TNT stogie, but the idea of spiking his smokes was still being floated around. The CIA even went as far as to recruit a double agent who would slip Castro a cigar filled with botulin, a toxin that would kill the leader in short order. The double agent was allegedly given the cigars in February of 1961, but he apparently got cold feet.

6. Exploding conch shell. Knowing that Castro liked to scuba dive, the CIA made plans to plant an explosive device in a conch shell at his favorite spot. They plotted to make the shell brightly colored and unusual looking so it would be sure to attract Castro’s attention, drawing him close enough to kill him when the bomb inside went off.

7. Nair. Well, maybe not that brand specifically, but according to that 1975 Senate Intelligence Committee report, the U.S. believed that messing with Castro’s beard was messing with the man’s power. The CIA figured that the loss of the beard would show Cubans that Castro was weak and fallible. A half-baked scheme was hatched to use thallium salt, the chemical in depilatory products such as Nair, in Castro’s shoes or in his cigar. The chemical would be absorbed or inhaled and cause the famous facial hair to fall out. (Wait, wasn’t this an episode of Get Smart?)

8. LSD. In what was mostly an effort to discredit Fidel, not kill him, a radio station where Castro was giving a live broadcast would be bombarded with an aerosol spray containing a substance similar to LSD. When Fidel had the requisite freak out live on the air, Cubans would think he had lost his mind and stop trusting him.

9. Handkerchief teeming with deadly bacteria. The CIA was seemingly obsessed with covering Fidel in harmful bacteria and toxins, because they also considered giving him a germ-covered hankie that would make him very ill.

10. Poisoned milkshake. According to Escalante, the closest the CIA ever came to killing Castro was a deadly dessert drink in 1963. The attempt went awry when the pill stuck to the freezer where the waiter-assassin at the Havana Hilton was supposed to retrieve it. When he tried to unstick it, the capsule ripped open.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

It's pretty wacky in it's own way.

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
Acoustic Kitty

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

24 years and they still haven't solved it all.

naem
May 29, 2011

Hirethor posted:

It's pretty wacky in it's own way.

Didn't they somehow leak the plan and a plastic stealth jet toy got released publicly before the real secret one

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

24 years and they still haven't solved it all.

hm at first glance it says "get hosed, g-men"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Was it the CIA that did poo poo like fly a plane over a town in Nowhere, MO and spray everyone with LSD? Because that was pretty wacky

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

if there was some weird thing the US did that sounds like it came from The Prisoner you can bet the CIA was behind it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Five weird tricks from single CIA moms

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the NSA will intercept electronics and backdoor them
if you asked the CIA to do this instead they'd put one of those intermittent high pitched noisemakers in it

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

I enjoy all of the coups and assasinationsn in south America during the late 60's and 70's.

that entire period can be equated to repeatedly flushing a toilet clogged with poo poo hoping that somehow, magically, it will stop overflowing. WHY DO WE KEEP ENDING UP WITH THESE CRAZY DICTATORS!??!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

teaching south american countries that the most effective way to disappear commies was to fly them over hte ocean and drop them from a plane

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
gay hummus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
tortor

• Locked thread