Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
do you think that the CIA is good and useful
no
yes
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
mkultra was pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They never went through with it, but the CIA planned to make a gay sex tape using Osama Bin Laden and Saddam look-alikes to try and turn people in the Mid East against them

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Lmao CIA be all like Wiley Coyote

我有拉肚子, 我想吃小猫

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Flagrant Abuse posted:

mkultra was pretty fun

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Ah yes, nothing like US military hardware to calm down your acid trip

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

this is such a good idea. this is an incredibly good idea. this idea... is so good.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
befuddled by loony gas- send help

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
drat, befuddled again, and this time its by gas.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
Speaking of GAS

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

thank god this american tank is here in my village, and that i have come to my senses

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

anyone want to come over and get befuddled? the gas is on me tonight

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
befuddled as gently caress rn... this is the top shelf loony gas

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_odazmH0GQ

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

DUDE I WAS SO FUCKIN BEFUDDLED LAST NIGHT I WATCHED AN AMERICAN TANK ROLL IN AND DIDNT TAKE UP ARMS IN RESISTANCE poo poo WAS CRAZY

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the one time in memory they tried to use gas to free hostages they ended up colossally overdosing everyone on the airborne opiate
well and that other time they ended up colossally exploding everyone

not the cia but they were still three letter agencies

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

the one time in memory they tried to use gas to free hostages they ended up colossally overdosing everyone on the airborne opiate
well and that other time they ended up colossally exploding everyone

not the cia but they were still three letter agencies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
You'd think they'd have a fuckload of nalaxone on hand for when they planned to use a fentanyl analogue but gently caress it, I guess?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Clicked to post this.

Also, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i think that the worst thing eisenhower did as president was start the CIA down this path

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

attempt to assassinate castro dozens of times in hilarious slapstick ways

What I learned from this list is that Fidel is really likable and nobody who got to know him was willing to kill him.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I've never wanted to hit somebody as badly as I want to hit that woman in this video.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Burn After Reading was a documentary and the events happened in real time

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

also. the old Get Smart may have been closer to the truth than we realized

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
Men Who Stare at Goats was actually a documentary

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The child sex rings they run for high ranking officials, celebrities and the rich are pretty wacky.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

SirDan3k posted:

The child sex rings they run for high ranking officials, celebrities and the rich are pretty wacky.

were talking about the CIA not MI6

the CIA only uses child sex slaves as payments to afghan warlords and such

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
That thing they did where they spent a couple years and like 400 lives randomly attempting to parachute agents into warsaw pact countries just to have them all die on landing because of a mole. Like, they just kept trying.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mirrors posted:

That thing they did where they spent a couple years and like 400 lives randomly attempting to parachute agents into warsaw pact countries just to have them all die on landing because of a mole. Like, they just kept trying.

sounds like they should have got a dermatologist

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
brb got spy stories to write

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

Unhinged Vulcan posted:

that entire period can be equated to repeatedly flushing a toilet clogged with poo poo hoping that somehow, magically, it will stop overflowing. WHY DO WE KEEP ENDING UP WITH THESE CRAZY DICTATORS!??!

Not green enough:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
That time Snake raided Guantanamo alone and hosed poo poo up and saved the prisoners.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Mirrors posted:

They tried this exact same thing in World War II against Germany and it ended the exact same way. They sent something like 21 two-man teams in and only ever heard back from one

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
I REALLY want to work for the CIA, i know i'm qualified but i'm scared they might actually hire me and idk what that involves. butt stuff?? will they read my posts?!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

eSports Chaebol posted:

Burn After Reading was a documentary and the events happened in real time

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

also. the old Get Smart may have been closer to the truth than we realized

Plafop posted:

Men Who Stare at Goats was actually a documentary

the cronicles of narnia were a documentary except the wardrobes people were in for years and years didn't have any magic inside them

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

SirDan3k posted:

i googled this and the only info i could find was something called The Finders which i think was originally started by some nut who wrote an article to a newsletter in the early 90s that reads like an SCP article.

everything else was john galt length forum posts by schizophrenics using lots of spaced ellipses. . . .

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

That is, just, wow. :lol: at the results of the first mission

wiki posted:

Acoustic Kitty was a CIA project launched by the Directorate of Science & Technology in the 1960s attempting to use cats in spy missions, intended to spy on the Kremlin and Soviet embassies, recording the links between the buildings in the area. A battery and a microphone were implanted into a cat and an antenna into its tail. This would allow the cats to innocuously record and transmit sound from their surroundings. Due to problems with distraction, the cat's sense of hunger had to be addressed in another operation.[1] Surgical and training expenses are thought to have amounted to over $25 million.[2]

The first Acoustic Kitty mission was to eavesdrop on two men in a park outside the Soviet compound on Wisconsin Avenue in Washington, D.C. The cat was released nearby, but was hit and killed by a taxi almost immediately.[2] However, this is disputed by former Director of the CIA's Office of Technical Service Robert Wallace in the Weapons Of The Superspies episode of the TV series The World's Weirdest Weapons: Wallace states that the project was abandoned due to the difficulty of training the cat to behave as required, and "the equipment was taken out of the cat; the cat was re-sewn for a second time, and lived a long and happy life afterwards".[3] Subsequent tests also failed.[1] Shortly thereafter the project was considered a failure and declared to be a total loss.[4] The project was cancelled in 1967.[1]

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
cats make terrible spies, can't even handle some spy drugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJEw3A_QO9o

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
^^^that is one befuddled cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014