Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahaha. Only goons could compare this huckster to MLK.

MLK had his flaws, adultery being the main one, but it was a personal shortcoming, and his public work was meaningful, forward-thinking, and obviously helped greatly advance civil rights in America.

Rev. Al is nothing more than a con-man and a rabble-rouser. He doesn't take the high road like MLK in pursuit of justice, he takes every low road that presents itself to agitate people and enrich his own image and bank account. Dick Cheney will get into heaven before this clown does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
fog tripper stop posting forever

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Chris Christie posted:

MLK had his flaws, adultery being the main one, but it was a personal shortcoming, and his public work was meaningful, forward-thinking, and obviously helped greatly advance civil rights in America.

Rev. Al is nothing more than a con-man and a rabble-rouser. He doesn't take the high road like MLK in pursuit of justice, he takes every low road that presents itself to agitate people and enrich his own image and bank account. Dick Cheney will get into heaven before this clown does.

the white man is the devil. whites do not have souls and are incapable of humor, emotions, or empathy. in a way, all whites fall on the autism spectrum. being white is in and of itself a kind of retardation - mental, physical, AND spiritual

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

ilikedirt posted:

the white man is the devil. whites do not have souls and are incapable of humor, emotions, or empathy. in a way, all whites fall on the autism spectrum. being white is in and of itself a kind of retardation - mental, physical, AND spiritual

and rhythmically.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Chris Christie posted:

the thing is the same exact poo poo was said about mlk until he was killed and whitewashed. what is an example of him being conman or corrupt or anything other than saying poo poo white people dont want to hear

sharpton is not nearly as great a figure as mlk and i wasnt saying he was, just that his perception by white people is identical to how mlk was perceived. any politician who primarily represents and mobilizes black people is going to get the same treatment

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 23, 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the thing is the same exact poo poo was said about mlk until he was killed and whitewashed. what is an example of him being conman or corrupt or anything other than saying poo poo white people dont want to hear

sharpton is not nearly as great a figure as mlk and i wasnt saying he was, just that his perception by white people is identical to how mlk was perceived. any politician who primarily represents and mobilizes black people is going to get the same treatment

maybe im wrong but somehow i dont think al will be in white kids's 5th grade social studies texts unlike MLK. how you are remembered (by whites) is the true test of your importance.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al Sharpton will be remembered fondly if he gets white people a day off from work once a year.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Dear Al Sharpton,

Kiss my white rear end.

Thanks,

Risky
May 18, 2003

I would pay money to see Al Sharpton deliver a white baby and subsequently kiss said baby on the forehead.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
al sharpton is exactly like mlk in that neither has been relevant in decades yet they both still somehow manage to piss off a few dumb white people

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
al sharpton is a no good fucker

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Sharpton['s] . . . perception by white people is identical to how mlk was perceived. any politician who primarily represents and mobilizes black people is going to get the same treatment

Pretty sure I wouldn't view/treat someone who acted like MLK today the same way I view reverend Al. It would be great if someone who acted and talked like MLK was plastered on my TV screen.

Instead we get Rev. Al and Jesse Jackson.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blazing Zero posted:

track suits need to come back in style. if more people were already wearing them, spontaneous exercise could break out.

I am happy that leggings are in style tbqh. Some hot ladies here near the resorts.
(fattys need not apply)

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ilikedirt posted:

I'd tell you to go apologize to <insert white sharpton here>, but I cannot for the life of me think of a parallel.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Chris Christie posted:

Pretty sure I wouldn't view/treat someone who acted like MLK today the same way I view reverend Al. It would be great if someone who acted and talked like MLK was plastered on my TV screen.

lol you're full of poo poo and i like it

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Jesus H christ you are without a clue. Do your own google searches on sharpton before you start making ridiculous claims about how upstanding the gently caress is.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Chris Christie posted:

amazing post/name combo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Chris Christie posted:

what is an example of him being a conman or corrupt or anything other than saying poo poo white people dont want to hear

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

someone do my research for me, so as to fill the void between my ears

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

what is an example of him being a conman or corrupt or anything other than saying poo poo white people dont want to hear
he calls himself "reverend" without actually administering a church

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The governor of New York is having lunch today with a tax dodger who owes the state nearly a million dollars. The mayor is chowing down, too. Tomorrow the vice president will wrap his arms around the same celebrity cheat who stiffed the IRS for nearly $2 million.

David Paterson, Mike Bloomberg and Joe Biden are partying down with Al Sharpton this week at a three-day gala sponsored by the Rev's National Action Network -- the same organization that the Federal Election Commission found illegally subsidized his 2004 presidential campaign committee.

In addition to the federal and state tax liens on Sharpton, the FEC has imposed another half million dollars in penalties on him. His campaign was already forced by the FEC to repay another $100,000 in matching funds he improperly took from the commission.

The FEC found that campaign, NAN and funds from Sharpton companies like Rev-Als Production Inc. were so commingled that the Sharpton campaign "received $735,314 in possible prohibited contributions," almost $400,000 of it from NAN. Sharpton spent much of this at luxury hotels at up to $4000 a night, ostensible-mistress-in-tow, turning his presidential gambit into a whirlwind countrywide tour with the then executive director of NAN. The director, who has since departed and is quoted in the FEC report, wound up with a Mercedes, a Caddy, a $7000 Rolex, mink coats, David Yurman jewels and a Trump apartment. The largess of 2004 might be some indication of how Sharpton and the current NAN gang will spend the pot of gold he collects at this event.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2009/04/pols_press_part.php
lol his 2004 presidential campaign was a way to raise money so he could buy mink coats

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
He makes a great weather man. I dont know why people will apologize to this nbc guy.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton#Controversy

hth

e: He also doesn't pay his taxes

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
fog tripper is literally 50 years old lmfao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dr. King was the first person in Alabama’s history to be prosecuted for felony tax evasion, according to “Parting The Waters.” Technically, he was charged with perjuring himself by signing his tax returns for 1956 and 1958. Here’s an explanation behind why the charges were brought forth:

King commonly accepted donations to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, an organization he led from its inception until his assassination, and other civil rights activities via his personal checking account. He tallied, in great detail, every donation given to him in personal diaries. This practice got him into trouble with the State of Alabama for tax evasion. Of course, King’s civil rights activities in the state were of great consternation to local and state officials determined to bury him. His questionable record-keeping was a weakness his racist adversaries in Alabama’s bureaucracy hoped to use to imprison him.

King‘s lawyers thought his chances of winning the case were slim, especially since he had never won a court case in Alabama before. Still, his personal diaries ended up keeping him out of prison, and he was eventually found not guilty.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

In an interview Saturday, Sharpton again denied working as a confidential informant, claiming that his prior cooperation with FBI agents was limited to efforts to prompt investigations of drug dealing in minority communities, as well as the swindling of black artists in the recording industry. He also repeatedly denied being “flipped” by federal agents in the course of an undercover operation. When asked specifically about his recording of the Gambino crime family member, Sharpton was noncommittal: “I’m not saying yes, I’m not saying no.”

If Sharpton’s account is to be believed, he was simply a concerned citizen who voluntarily (and briefly) joined arm-in-arm with federal agents, perhaps risking peril in the process. The other explanation for Sharpton’s cooperation--one that has uniformly been offered by knowledgeable law enforcement agents--presents the reverend in a less noble light. Worried that he could face criminal charges, Sharpton opted for the path of self-preservation and did what the FBI asked. Which is usually how someone is compelled to repeatedly record a gangster discussing murder, extortion, and loan sharking.
he was an FBI mob snitch lmao

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/al-sharpton-764312

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

track suits need to come back in style. if more people were already wearing them, spontaneous exercise could break out.

This is not my America

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

as was thurgood marshall

http://people.duke.edu/~ldbaker/clippings/tgood.html

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

To rally political support for the merger, Comcast’s political-action committee handed out campaign cash, and Cohen worked to head off the concerns over diversity. Between 2008 and 2010, Comcast’s corporate foundation donated more than $3 million to 39 minority groups that wrote letters to federal regulators in support of the NBC deal. Comcast and NBC Universal also worked out an agreement with advocacy groups guaranteeing increased “minority participation in news and public affairs programming”—so long as the deal went through. And in 2009 and 2010, Comcast gave $155,000 to an organization founded by the Reverend Al Sharpton, who ended up endorsing the merger.

The campaign paid off. In January 2011, Washington approved the deal. One week later, NBC signed Cohen’s old boss, Ed Rendell, to an on-air contract. At MSNBC, which Comcast also owns, Sharpton landed a talk show. A spokeswoman for Comcast says the company is a “long-standing supporter” of minority groups and had nothing to do with Sharpton’s hiring. She also says Cohen played “little to no role” in securing Rendell’s contract.

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/how-david-gregory-lost-his-job/index.php
comcast bribed sharpton with money and a TV show to endorse the comcast/NBC merger :omarcomin:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Dr. King was the first person in Alabama’s history to be prosecuted for felony tax evasion, according to “Parting The Waters.” Technically, he was charged with perjuring himself by signing his tax returns for 1956 and 1958. Here’s an explanation behind why the charges were brought forth:

King commonly accepted donations to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, an organization he led from its inception until his assassination, and other civil rights activities via his personal checking account. He tallied, in great detail, every donation given to him in personal diaries. This practice got him into trouble with the State of Alabama for tax evasion. Of course, King’s civil rights activities in the state were of great consternation to local and state officials determined to bury him. His questionable record-keeping was a weakness his racist adversaries in Alabama’s bureaucracy hoped to use to imprison him.

King‘s lawyers thought his chances of winning the case were slim, especially since he had never won a court case in Alabama before. Still, his personal diaries ended up keeping him out of prison, and he was eventually found not guilty.

Wow, that is compelling evidence that he was just as big a clown/asshat as Sharpton. :rolleyes:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Exclamation Marx posted:

fog tripper is literally 50 years old lmfao

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I like my civil rights figures like I like my coffee: dead, and reprocessed into something palatable and artificially sweet by a faceless capitalist machine.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I like my civil rights figures like I like my coffee: dead, and reprocessed into something palatable and artificially sweet by a faceless capitalist machine.
would you say the civil rights movement is being well served by al sharpton

also lol at the implication that sharpton is anti-capitalist

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Omi-Polari posted:

would you say the civil rights movement is being well served by al sharpton

- is gbs
- obama picked him to be the spokesman of all black people (since obama is clearly not black and doesnt speak jive)
You make the call.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

comes along bort posted:

:qq:b-b-b-but tawana brawley....:qq:

:negative:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
really the worst thing about sharpton is he's an unrepentant water carrier for obama, but in his defense he readily admits it unlike say ezra buttboy klein

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How come no one here has anything to say about clarence thomas?

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
MLK was a traitor. If he hadn't been shot he would have gone to prison.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait no one has posted the Roy Innis Al Sharpton footage yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcOgOWLCWxw

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Gaunab posted:

How come no one here has anything to say about clarence thomas?

Why should we have something to say about clarence thomas in this thread? Because he is black and you are a racist?

Better question: why hasn't anyone anything to say about Chrlie Rangel in this thread, since he too is corrupt and black?

• Locked thread