Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Royal Rumble Matches:
WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar(c)
:siren:THE 30 MAN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH:siren:

RAW REPORT:

We had an opening segment with Hogan, Cena & Rollins. Rollins wants Authority Back. Cena says NO. Hogan books Cena vs. Rollins as the opener. This took 15 minutes.

MATCH 1: SETH ROLLINS VS. JOHN CENA

WILD AND OUT OF THIS WORLD PREDICTION: this match won't have a real finish.

They have a match in which Jamie Noble & Joey Mercury frequently distract the ref and interfere. Right before the 8 minute mark Cena actually gave Rollins a POWERBOMB and it was good. After some back and forth punches Cena goes for his 5 moves and J&J go to interfere. Cena flings Rollins over the top rpe onto them both and the way the cameras were lined up I thought Cena was going to go for a dive - but he didn't. Cena throws Rollins in, heads to the top rope and hits the LEG DROP FROM THE TOP for a cool nearfall. Lawler tried to say that this was a rare move from Cena. Cena puts Rollins on the top rope but Rollins fights Cena off, sunset flips over him , and does a running powerbomb to the other Turnbuckle for another nearfall! Rollins goes for the Curb Stomp but gets caught. Cena locks in an STFU and J&J interfere but don't actually TOUCH Cena so it's not a DQ. Cena hits a Double AA on them, then hits Rollins with an AA for the finish. Holy poo poo I can't believe it.

WINNER: John Cena via Pinfall (Attitude Adjustment) [12:18]

We go to commercial and when we come back Swagger & Fandango are in the ring with no entrances.

MATCH 2: JACK SWAGGER VS. FANDANGO

Fandango hits his top rope legdrop and wins.

WINNER: Fandango via Pinfall (Top Rope Legdrop) [02:03]

They announce an IC Title match between Harper & Ziggler.

Ziggler cuts the promo he always cuts about stealing the show and being a really good wrestler. This time he wasn't talking at a million miles per hour though. Very stoic. We go to commercial.

We get A NEW DAY video package.

Adam Rose is partying down to the ring with the exotic express. The Bunny is wearing a neck brace.

Oh hey R-Truth is already in the ring!

MATCH 3: R-TRUTH VS. ADAM ROSE

They dance. R-truth hits a school boy and wins.

WINNER: R-Truth via Pinfall (Schoolboy) [00:57]

Rose hits a killer spinebuster on the bunny after the match. Rose does a running knee to the neck of the bunny when he's sitting against the steel chairs. Rose then takes off the neck brace and throws him into a barricade. JBL mentions that the Bunny looks like he's going to be out for a long time somewhere in here i think. Rose leaves alone.

This angle came off like a writing off of the EXOTIC EXPRESS, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were just all together on SmackDown!

Coming up next: Piper's Pit w/ Rusev!

Oh wait right after Cole says that's coming up next we get a graphic saying Roman Reigns vs. Big Show is next. OK.

They announce Hogan is running SmackDown!

BIG SHOW IS HERE! Never believe Cole. Only believe Graphics.

MATCH 4: ROMAN REIGNS VS. BIG SHOW

A few fans start chanting boring 2:30 in. Reigns starts doing his big comeback 30 seconds later. He gives Big Show a Samoan Drop, hits his apron dropkick, and a Superman Punch on the outside! Big Show gets counted out.

WINNER: Roman Reigns via Count Out [04:22]

Dean Ambrose has an interview with Renee. He says what he wants for Christmas is Bray Wyatt. "Everytime a bell rings, Bray Wyatt gets a BEATING!" He then wishes Renee a Happy Holiday as we go to commercial.

MATCH 5: BRIE BELLA VS. NATALYA

I didn't watch a lot of this match but Brie hit a kickin rad running knee to the face of Natalya. That's all I'm going to type.

WINNER: Natalya via Pinfall (Small Package) [03:17]

Natalya hit Nikki and raised the title. Tyson Kidd was a very supportive husband.

MATCH 6: GOLDUST & STARDUST VS. DIEGO & FERNANDO

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO IS DIEGO AND WHO IS FERNANDO!!!!!

I IGNORED THIS MATCH FOR A LONG TIME BUT EL TORITO GOT THE PIN????????? WHAT.

WINNER: Diego, Fernando & El Torito??? via Pinfall (BULLSAULT) [03:35]

Luke Harper promo. He likes to take things away, he says. Tonight he's gonna give himself a present. Dolph Ziggler - he's gonna hurt him. He's gonna take that IC Title.

MATCH 7: WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: DOLPH ZIGGLER © VS. LUKE HARPER

Harper boots Ziggler!!! He throws him out and does a dive!! Also hits a Black Hole Slam on the outside. He throws Ziggler in the ring. Ziggler doesn't give up, Harper hits a boot and a powerbomb for a 2.99999 at 15 seconds. Then a commercial happened. Cool spot where Dolph hits a superkick, it's no sold and Harper hits a discus lariat for a nearfall. Harper goes for a powerbomb but Ziggler reverses with an X-Factor and a Fameasser for a nearfall. Ziggler hits 2 more superkicks and a zig zag for the finish!

WINNER: Dolph Ziggler via Pinfall (Zig-Zag) [8:37]

Lawler does a promo with Ziggler in the ring and Ziggler says exactly what you think he said.

We come back from commercial and it's time for PIPER'S PIT with RUSEV and JESUS CHRIST PIPER LOOKS OLDER THAN I'VE EVER SEEN HIM. Rusev comes out. Lana cuts Piper off and is insulting the great holiday that is christmas. She isn't talking about Chanukah though so i'm good.

Piper yells at her and says this is America. Anyway they show a video package of Rusev destroying Ryback last week with Bicycle kicks. Rusev threatens Piper. Piper calls them a couple of SCROOGES. Piper brings out Ryback who is wearing a Christmas Bow on his gear. Both men get into a big brawl where Rusev ends up bailing.

MATCH 8: ALICIA FOX, EMMA & NAOMI vs. CAMERON, SUMMER RAE & PAIGE

Cameron did a Codebreaker 30 seconds into the match. Paige gets tagged in and does this insane knee combo to Summer Rae while Lawler talks about Xanta Claus. Paige gets the heat on Summer Rae. Naomi gets the hot tag and does a rad guillitine on the apron to Cameron for a nearfall. Everyone jumps in the ring and Paige does a SUPERKICK. Alicia Fox got tagged in and won with some wacky... thing.

WINNER: Alicia Fox, Emma & Naomi via Pinfall (Arm Grabby Face Bustery Fameasser Thing) [04:17]

MATCH 9: THE MIZ VS. JEY USO

This match needs twin magic or it's USELESS. Jey did a dive and his foot cleared the ropes! Miz reverses a pin into another pin and pulls the tights after a couple minutes and wins. There was a hairy uso rear end censor at the 3 count.

WINNER: The Miz via Pinfall (Reverse Pin) [03:31]

MATCH 10: MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET FIGHT: THE LUNATIC FRINGE DEAN AMROSE VS. THAT KOOKY BRAY WYATT

Bray Wyatt cut a promo. Ambrose comes out and we go to commercial before the match starts. Start using Christmas Gifts and a Christmas Tree before 3 minutes. Dean opens a gift and gets a Monitor . He see's there is no wires so he puts the TV away, goes under the ring and gets a table instead!!! The Table has a bow on it. Bray breaks it up and Dean hits a suicide dive to Bray and he falls right into a giant stack of christmas gifts!!! Dean sets up the table, gets Wyatt on it, climbs to the top turnbuckle, puts a reef around his head but Wyatt bails. They fight up the ramp.

This match is fun but holy cow this is supposed to be a serious a feud.

Dean gets a Steel Chair with a bow on it and Wyatt dodges it and throws Ambrose of the stage through a tables. Cookies are everywhere - what a waste.

We come back to ridiculous camera work of the carnage all around the ring, ignoring the headlock in the ring. I see a sign in the BG that says "NICE" and there is one next to it that I assume says 69. Wyatt cuts off Ambrose after he tries to make a comeback and throws him into a christmas tree. Wyatt grabs a Candy Cane Kendo Stick and whacks Ambrose a bunch. Wyatt sets it up to be sticking straight out from the turnbuckle, teasing tossing someone into it like it's a giant spear and not a stick. Ambrose throws Wyatt into a chair set up in the corner, setting up his comeback. Ambrose hits a Jawbreaker Lariat, grabs the Kendro stick and starts destroying Wyatt with it. He hits a White Russian Legsweep with it, goes to the top rope and hits an elbow drop with a chair for a nearfall. Ambrose introduces a ladder, and Wyatt slams him on them. This is becoming a hell of a lot more violent now as wacky as it is.

They do more stuff. Wyatt throws Ambrose into that Kendo Stick that was set up on the TB and that's the finish?!?!?!

WINNER: Bray Wyatt via Pinfall (THROWN INTO A KENDO STICK) [18:24]

Ambrose then lays Wyatt out after the match with a fire extinguisher and an elbow through the table. PARITY BOOKING. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

GOD BLESS US EVERY ONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That was a poo poo RAW but at least Ziggler-Harper was really good

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Save this forever please.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Benne posted:

That was a poo poo RAW but at least Ziggler-Harper was really good

The main was also really good.

Glad I didn't go.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dean keeps getting main events, promo time and memorable spots but he never wins a match.

This is some next level booking.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Oh, my God. Blaine, what does he think he's doing?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Tonfa posted:

Dean keeps getting main events, promo time and memorable spots but he never wins a match.

so he's sami zayn

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tonfa posted:

Post Modern Pro Wrestling.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

so Dean can't even get a win on the god drat Christmas show?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
where the hell is Randy Orton

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fauxhawk Express posted:

so Dean can't even get a win on the god drat Christmas show?

No but he stood tall to end the show which is arguably more important. Still stupid as all gently caress and this company is dumb.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That match ended on a man getting thrown eye first into a candy cane. Yall will bitch about anything.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Save this forever please.

That cactus jack/ripple h match got ****1/2 according to my boy Big Dave, google images is bullshit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

Never coming back ever, hopefully.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No but he stood tall to end the show which is arguably more important. Still stupid as all gently caress and this company is dumb.

Can't even use this excuse because by the end of the show neither were standing

Both guys on their back. Great main event feud that's gonna go into its second PPV there, champs.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
"Standing tall" doesn't have to be literal. Dean was laughing like a the maniac he is with his music playing and the crowd cheering, while Bray was lying motionless. Still, I understand why people would be upset, since most of the other faces had straight wins, yet Dean didn't. It's weird for what's supposed to be a feel-good non-canon episode.

EDIT: Still really liked the match, though!

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 23, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Can't even use this excuse because by the end of the show neither were standing

Both guys on their back. Great main event feud that's gonna go into its second PPV there, champs.

he was laughing into the camera about how he had just killed bray wyatt

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

"We hate how John Cena is booked!"

"Why isn't everyone I liked booked exactly like John Cena!?!? gently caress you WWE!"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I guess this is a thread too, so:

Cabbit posted:

All I want for Christmas is that stupid kendo stick/turnbuckle spot to loving go away.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Dolph was really well booked tonight because the match made both him and Harper look really strong

I don't know what they are doing with Roman; I can understand using Big Show to put Roman over as a strong face, but why have him sell offense from guys like Fandango?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Dolph was really well booked tonight because the match made both him and Harper look really strong

I don't know what they are doing with Roman; I can understand using Big Show to put Roman over as a strong face, but why have him sell offense from guys like Fandango?

more importantly why is he winning via countout

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dean Ambrose was very explicitly standing up at the end of that show.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oatgan posted:

gotta keep big show strong

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

TheJoker138 posted:

Never coming back ever, hopefully.

Coked up randy is great and I hate you

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

I think because later on they want to have another match where Roman beats him more convincingly after some even steven booking next week where Big Show lays out Roman because WWE is run in a way that feuds are "Okay you two have a match, 1st guy will win this match, then next week 2nd guy wins match and repeat until PPV where we either blowoff or extend it with a bullshit finish because I'm a senile old man who doesn't think he is out of touch"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

"Big Red" Erick Rowan did not appear on tonight's show at all. Is.... is his push over? :ohdear:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blasmeister posted:

"Big Red" Erick Rowan did not appear on tonight's show at all. Is.... is his push over? :ohdear:

He beat Cesaro on Superstars

Yes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I think because later on they want to have another match where Roman beats him more convincingly after some even steven booking next week where Big Show lays out Roman because WWE is run in a way that feuds are "Okay you two have a match, 1st guy will win this match, then next week 2nd guy wins match and repeat until PPV where we either blowoff or extend it with a bullshit finish because I'm a senile old man who doesn't think he is out of touch"

Right but he's not just another midcarder he's the next John Cena. He should be winning every match in the feud anyway.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I gave up on this Raw during the Rose/Truth match, and reading the results make me glad I did.

The finish to Ambrose/Wyatt sounds retarded as all hell.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

After the main Ambrose threw Bray back into the ring and elbow dropped him off a ladder through a table and then walked off under his own power.

Raw was really fun live and didn't drag at all magically. No commentary plus a hot crowd made the night fly by. Highlight was my dad experiencing Mizdow for the first time and laughing his rear end off.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Dimebags Brain posted:

After the main Ambrose threw Bray back into the ring and elbow dropped him off a ladder through a table and then walked off under his own power.

Raw was really fun live and didn't drag at all magically. No commentary plus a hot crowd made the night fly by. Highlight was my dad experiencing Mizdow for the first time and laughing his rear end off.

How was Reigns to you guys?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

Right but he's not just another midcarder he's the next John Cena. He should be winning every match in the feud anyway.
Yeah I'm just trying to figure out this bullshit

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

He looked fine. From my segment he was over but not as over as Rowan. Push RowN

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

He looked fine. From my segment he was over but not as over as Rowan. Push RowN

On TV Reigns' match was mostly silence and some boring chants. Consider sitting closer to the ring next time.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I

Shima Honnou posted:

On TV Reigns' match was mostly silence and some boring chants. Consider sitting closer to the ring next time.

He was in a match with Big Show it's going to be boring no matter what.

Also, people were super loving pumped for the Ascension promos and booed when Los Matadores showed up instead.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 23, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
True but surely someone in WWE realizes that (Probably not Vince though).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

The match was getting boring chants a minute in but his big spots are over as hell.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

CubsWoo posted:

so he's sami zayn

Sami actually won The Big One at some point though.

Edit: Or rather wins matches in general.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

He'll be back for the post Christmas house shows. He's on the tour that will hit MSG.

• Locked thread