Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
honestly, why the gently caress would atlanta ever have a hockey team, much less two? its just absurd. canada should also take all other teams from below the mason dixon line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Think the hurricanes won the Stanley Cup once so boom

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Prodigal T-REX posted:

Think the hurricanes won the Stanley Cup once so boom

i lived in nc at the time and guess what? no one gave a gently caress even though its the only pro sports championship in the state

thats how much the south doesnt deserve hockey

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
thrashers games were pretty fun (and super cheap) but yeah i cant really disagree w your overall point.. Cant say ive ever thought to myself "know what i really miss? the ability to see live ice hockey events"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

shiksa posted:

i lived in nc at the time and guess what? no one gave a gently caress even though its the only pro sports championship in the state

sorry op, those teams exist so bettman can negotiate bad TV contracts by using geographical coverage despite no viewer ratings as a main selling point to the obscure cable networks

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

shiksa posted:

In particular it's really weird that Raleigh has a pro sports team of any kind

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
kings hosed up vs calgary and im heartbroken

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The Hartford whalers were the only cool team and now they're gone so gently caress hockey

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

In particular it's really weird that Raleigh has a pro sports team of any kind

it was weirder when the hurricanes were in greensboro

i didnt complain cause i lived in greensboro and i got to see wayne gretzkey live but holy poo poo talk about cities that dont deserve sports teams.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I have the Mumps because of siddy crobby.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
growing up somewhere it doesn't freeze doesn't change that hockey owns and if you don't like it you have lovely taste & hate fun, go sharks

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Kevyn posted:

The Hartford whalers were the only cool team and now they're gone so gently caress hockey

Best jersey ever

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
cor m8 me pucks done fgged an arse proper init

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

shiksa posted:

it was weirder when the hurricanes were in greensboro

i didnt complain cause i lived in greensboro and i got to see wayne gretzkey live but holy poo poo talk about cities that dont deserve sports teams.

I went to a game there once when I lived in Danville, I think there were maybe 500 people there.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Kevyn posted:

California Golden Seals or bust

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

mikerock posted:

Best jersey ever

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
one time i was in nashville downtown area walking around. all of a sudden the streets were just predominantly people wearing predators jerseys and gear replacing all the random country musician types etc. game had just released from their nearby arena where the preds play

based on that shred of evidence i figure people actually attend games in earnest there which is pretty cool

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

kings hosed up vs calgary and im heartbroken
johnny hockey good

thathonkey posted:

based on that shred of evidence i figure people actually attend games in earnest there which is pretty cool
nashville is like, what all the lolsouth teams wish they could do. rabid fanbase despite years of terrible suckage

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i always have a good time in nashville. it's a cool city. maybe that is why?

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
gently caress you op. That's all I got say

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

shiksa posted:

As an Oilers fan this stings even more knowing the South is winning all the loving time and nobody cares.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I for one am ready to see the Hamilton Predators or something. Problem with Canada is so much of the population is concentrated in the Toronto and Montreal metroplexes. Just glad Winnipeg has a team again.
Also these are the best jerseys in league history

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
NHL has all the coolest logos of the professional sports leagues too btw

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0coHTq32Iso

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thathonkey posted:

NHL has all the coolest logos of the professional sports leagues too btw

QFT

The minor league hockey teams are especially wondrous too.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Not a huge fan of this Mason-Dixon line comment because I enjoy watching the Capitals even if they aren't having a great season.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lol

quote:

The club was founded in 1993 by The Walt Disney Company as the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, a name based on the 1992 film The Mighty Ducks. 

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

too bad for you dude anaheim is the best team in hockey right now and thanks leonsis by the way for firing boudreau he was clearly a terrible coach

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Pro hockey in the southern US is proof that neither God nor nature can contain the entertainment entitlements of man.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

im pooping! posted:

too bad for you dude anaheim is the best team in hockey right now and thanks leonsis by the way for firing boudreau he was clearly a terrible coach

gently caress anaheim and gently caress you

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

OMGVBFLOL posted:

gently caress anaheim and gently caress you

sorry i should havbe been clear im a washington fan

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

im pooping! posted:

sorry i should havbe been clear im a washington fan

oh ok then, just gently caress anaheim

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
a cool bar for people who like a cool team. if ur not some kind of rear end in a top hat who likes a different team, come to this bar to hang out with good people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Give milwaukee a fuckin team already

• Locked thread