Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

and it loving OWNED/. But two things:

1) he hasnt been home for 2 year and so many hundred days or whatever, but theyre a horse ride away? lmao he could have gone home for lunch every day in between killing Germans.

2) the heaven sequence at the end was just unnecessary.

but apart from that it got me super pumped, i was sat in my chair getting hype af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
its garbage, op

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I watch Gladiator while listening to Five Finger Death Punch so I can get super pumped up OP.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

opus111 posted:

and it loving OWNED/. But two things:

1) he hasnt been home for 2 year and so many hundred days or whatever, but theyre a horse ride away? lmao he could have gone home for lunch every day in between killing Germans.

2) the heaven sequence at the end was just unnecessary.

but apart from that it got me super pumped, i was sat in my chair getting hype af.

Yeah gladiator had a few problems, come over to my cool dude hang out Master and Commander thread for some good Russel Crowe chat as well as a lot of naval combat chat with other like minded cool dudes (like you)

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
He rode two horses to death over X days to get home so it wasnt like it was a trip down the road.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah gladiator had a few problems, come over to my cool dude hang out Master and Commander thread for some good Russel Crowe chat as well as a lot of naval combat chat with other like minded cool dudes (like you)

it was that thread that made me watch gladiator. I just watched Master and Commander for the first time ever the other day.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

also the real commodus would have gladly thrown down with maximus the first chance he got and had a beard.

the real commodus also got strangled in a sauna.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

opus111 posted:

it was that thread that made me watch gladiator. I just watched Master and Commander for the first time ever the other day.

:hfive::hfive::hfive::hfive::hfive::hfive::hfive::hfive::hfive:

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Glad he ate her.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i like the part in gladiator where he flips off the russian fighter pilot while inverted

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i like the part in gladiator where he flips off the russian fighter pilot while inverted

wasn't that Breaking Dawn?

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:D

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh drat it, they cycle

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

a creepy colon posted:

oh drat it, they cycle

owned

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

burritolingus posted:

Glad he ate her.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I watch Gladiator while listening to Five Finger Death Punch so I can get super pumped up OP.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS GLADIATOR AND oh gently caress it

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clipperton posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS GLADIATOR AND oh gently caress it

i cut myself while watching gladiator to get pumped

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ARE YOU NOT MODERATELY AMUSED???

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I hope you watched it in 6.1 DTS:ES because that poo poo is the bomb.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
hes been stuck in the gaulish campaign for a long-rear end time he's nowhere near home at the start of the movie. When you're a roman general you don't get to just check out of a campaign for a few weeks to go take a vacation.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
I saw Gladiator in the theater and I saw the pneumatic piston thing they used to flip the chariot over in that one scene. Really ruined the immersion and whatnot. But I lol'd too.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It was Oliver Reed's last movie

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
I like the bit where he goes "My name is...GLADIATOR". Every film should have a scene where the main character announces their name is the title of the movie.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I just watched this for the first time since it came out too and I will also say it owns. Also I just read an interview with the guy who played Joffrey Baratheon in Game of Thrones and he said he based a lot of his obnoxiousness on Commodus, and I can completely see that. Semper Commodus. Great guy.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't Russel Crowe want to do a sequel to Gladiator where it turns out he's actually an immortal or some poo poo, and became Patton at one point or something equally what the gently caress?

Ed: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/13/gladiator-sequel_n_3591916.html

Gladiator 2: Christ Killer.

I am not kidding about the pitched name.

quote:

What followed was something called "Christ Killer," a resuscitation of the first "Gladiator" that attempted to make Maximus immortal and include a Jesus character. In Cave's proposed sequel, Crowe's character "goes down to purgatory and is sent down by the gods, who are dying in heaven because there's this one god, there's this Christ character, down on Earth who is gaining popularity and so the many gods are dying so they send Gladiator back to kill Christ and his followers."

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 23, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

op it wasnt heaven he was hallucinating from dying

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

actually it was elysium, you loving chode

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im pooping! posted:

actually it was elysium, you loving chode

he wasnt in space stupid

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Blazing Ownager posted:

Didn't Russel Crowe want to do a sequel to Gladiator where it turns out he's actually an immortal or some poo poo, and became Patton at one point or something equally what the gently caress?

I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Gladiator was poo poo. Kingdom of heaven was way better.

I'm being serious.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

this actually sounds really cool

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
There's no way all those slaves would speak the same language.

Trash movie.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fandyien posted:

this actually sounds really cool

What followed was something called "Christ Killer," a resuscitation of the first "Gladiator" that attempted to make Maximus immortal and include a Jesus character. In Cave's proposed sequel, Crowe's character "goes down to purgatory and is sent down by the gods, who are dying in heaven because there's this one god, there's this Christ character, down on Earth who is gaining popularity and so the many gods are dying so they send Gladiator back to kill Christ and his followers."

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Pretty sure that the elysian field he was in was really the place where farts go when they die. Dude just loves the smell of farts.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

jesus is all trying to banish demons outta those pigs or whatever and then russell crowe leaps out and gouges out his eyes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fandyien posted:

jesus is all trying to banish demons outta those pigs or whatever and then russell crowe leaps out and gouges out his eyes

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39980725/Gladiator-2-by-Nick-Cave

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
it spawned a collaboration between lisa gerrard and patrick cassidy called immortal memory, a pretty good disc

http://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Memory-Gerrard-Patrick-Cassidy/dp/B000S578PW/

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they should make the sequel

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

when it came out you watched it for Russell Crowe but now you watch it for Joaquin Phoenix because dude owns in this. Retard beta emperor crying while he rubs his boner on his sister and hopes she'll take the initiative and gently caress him, poo poo owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

everything in europe is a horse ride away its like the size of texas

• Locked thread