Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
when my threads get 0 replys i click (### users browsing) and Ddo this (i throw my mouse)" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
whatever happened to dido anyway does she even still make songs or what

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
no she killed herself after Aeneas dumped her b/c he wouldn't give her a baby

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

gggiiimmmppp posted:

everything in europe is a horse ride away its like the size of texas

Yeah and didn't jeff bridges ride across Oklahoma or some poo poo state in like 12 hours in True Grit?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
http://youtu.be/1dhFB_MauZo?t=1m11s

Watch this total corn moment in Gladiator where he goes from kneeling with a sword about to be stabbed through his neck to a standing headbutt where the sword has somehow gone off to the side. Russel Crowe has powerful stand up muscles.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

whatever happened to dido anyway does she even still make songs or what

That poo poo was Enya nigga

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Ramsus posted:

http://youtu.be/1dhFB_MauZo?t=1m11s

Watch this total corn moment in Gladiator where he goes from kneeling with a sword about to be stabbed through his neck to a standing headbutt where the sword has somehow gone off to the side. Russel Crowe has powerful stand up muscles.

He doesn't skip leg day

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Basically the movie should have ended during that scene.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
How was Robin Hood? I never saw it but it looked kinda like it trying to channel some Gladiator vibes. All I know is that it has a medieval invasion/landing alla D-Day and that sounds just delightful.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
kevin costner speaks american

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Honestly though Gladiator didn't have enough cgi for me. Also no dragons wtf

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

How was Robin Hood? I never saw it but it looked kinda like it trying to channel some Gladiator vibes. All I know is that it has a medieval invasion/landing alla D-Day and that sounds just delightful.

Everyone in it is in a different movie and the day is saved by children on shetland ponies. Seriously.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
this movie was the best collision of historical circumstance, bc it came out right when DVDs came out, and thank loving god you could just skip to all the fight scenes without fastforwarding

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

gladiator is one of the coolest movies ever, a must watch for any red blooded man

Where does Maximus's servant dude say the army is camped though? I never understood him because he had some weird rear end lisp accent. Is he saying Austria?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The real question is which one is better Braveheart or Gladiator

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

when it came out you watched it for Russell Crowe but now you watch it for Joaquin Phoenix because dude owns in this. Retard beta emperor crying while he rubs his boner on his sister and hopes she'll take the initiative and gently caress him, poo poo owns.

Yeah he was beta as hell. Also really, really handsome as well as a brilliant performance.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

vyst posted:

Braveheart never did it for me im afraid.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

vyst posted:

Gladiator because Braveheart is dumb as gently caress and not historically accurate in any way despite claiming it is.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Some actors are just better as assholes like Joaquin Pheonix.

See: Ben Affleck in Dazed and Confused or Mallrats

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"ey senator dudes, im dyin so i command you to restore the republic"
"yeah ok maximus we'll, uh, we'll get right on that..." *awkward sideways glances at each other*

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

White people, slaves? :wth:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Kitchner posted:

Gladiator because Braveheart is dumb as gently caress and not historically accurate in any way despite claiming it is.

Why would this ever matter?

..wait i get it gladiator is perfectly historically accurate !!!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Just watched Braveheart a couple of weeks ago after not seeing it for years. If that poo poo doesn't entertain you I don't even know what the gently caress you're doing watching movies.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

They could never make a realistic depiction of ancient roman arena events because all PETA employees would die of brain aneurysms

And there would be too much gay pedophile buttsecks.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
movie needed a scene with commodus beheading giraffes with crescent-shaped arrows while everyone in the arena shifts awkwardly in their seats

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"dude scipio is it just me or is the emperor getting fukken weird"
"what youre only just now figuring that out? did you miss the part where he pretended to be a giant and killed a bunch of midgets with a tree branch?"

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

paranoid randroid posted:

movie needed a scene with commodus beheading giraffes with crescent-shaped arrows while everyone in the arena shifts awkwardly in their seats

the giraffes were killed b/c they were gay fyi, didn't you even watch the film?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Justin Tyme posted:

gladiator is one of the coolest movies ever, a must watch for any red blooded man

Where does Maximus's servant dude say the army is camped though? I never understood him because he had some weird rear end lisp accent. Is he saying Austria?

They are camped in Ostia

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Ramsus posted:

Why would this ever matter?

..wait i get it gladiator is perfectly historically accurate !!!

Because Gladiator is a story about a made up gladiator killing a made up emperor based in Roman times, whereas Braveheart is supposedly about a real thing that happened apart from William Wallace was nothing like that and hardly anything in the film is historically accurate.

Instead now you have every dumb Scot or American who has like 1 Scottish ancestor generations ago using a dumb Hollywood film to inform them of the plight of Scotland. Which mainly revolves around the fact they are drunk fools with poor diets who spend all their money on dumb poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

They could never make a realistic depiction of ancient roman arena events because all PETA employees would die of brain aneurysms

And there would be too much gay pedophile buttsecks.

Roman arena had everything, in later years they even filled the arena with water and had mini-naval battles.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Kitchner posted:

Because Gladiator is a story about a made up gladiator killing a made up emperor based in Roman times, whereas Braveheart is supposedly about a real thing that happened apart from William Wallace was nothing like that and hardly anything in the film is historically accurate.

Instead now you have every dumb Scot or American who has like 1 Scottish ancestor generations ago using a dumb Hollywood film to inform them of the plight of Scotland. Which mainly revolves around the fact they are drunk fools with poor diets who spend all their money on dumb poo poo.

commodus was a real emperor ya jabroni

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's actually still my favorite movie of all time op

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

vyst posted:

gently caress Braveheart, it wasn't even the best angry Scot movie released that year. Go watch Rob Roy instead.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Fun fact:

In the several years I worked retail, I only had 2 people ever tell me I looked like a famous person.

Both time they said Russell Crowe.

Both times it was a dude saying it :(

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Random Hajile posted:

gently caress Braveheart, it wasn't even the best angry Scot movie released that year. Go watch Rob Roy instead.

Tim Roth is such a loving bastard in that movie, it owns.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Tender Bender posted:

when it came out you watched it for Russell Crowe but now you watch it for Joaquin Phoenix because dude owns in this. Retard beta emperor crying while he rubs his boner on his sister and hopes she'll take the initiative and gently caress him, poo poo owns.

for real Joaquin plays one of the all time great movie villains tho

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

Tim Roth is such a loving bastard in that movie, it owns.

the final fight owns too

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Kitchner posted:

Freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Kitchner posted:

Braveheart was a moniker given to Robert the Bruce and has nothing to do with William Wallace. Says it all, really.

• Locked thread