Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The black James Bond argument reminds me of a debate years and years ago on this forum about whether or not it would be "true to the character" or not if James Bond was bisexual, and then Skyfall came out and (sort of) alluded to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

And it's way, way, way better than the dogshit that they went with. What on Earth were they thinking.

Another Way to Die sucks but I like that the Nu-James Bond themes are all based around the same chord progression- the original theme but with the last chord as major rather than minor.

Also it would have been a better song if they'd had either Keys or White singing, rather than both in a duet that doesent work at all.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 5, 2015

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

WebDog posted:

He sounds like someone kicked him in the balls then forced him to sing.
Adding: It really does feels like a teenager trying to sing as their voice breaks. It apparently took him 20 minutes to write.

I really like the motif with the strings but I strongly suspect that was written ahead of time as part of the movies overall soundtrack, given to Smith to turn into a full song who then wrote a really bland chorus over the top and called it a day.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I'm surprised to hear people like Goldeneye to be honest. Its just bollocks through and through right from the weirdly sampled sounding brass.

• Locked thread