Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
German lights seem like fun. Just shoot HE at everything that's paper and ram other lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Oh, it's gonna be one of those nights.

Edit:

Holy poo poo. This tank is cursed with teams like this:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 4, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh what's that? The enemy team have a platoon of unicums in a 279(e) and a Chieftain, and we have some guy who's played like two games in his loving Super Conqueror?

You'll be shocked to know we did not in fact win the game and both our heavies were dead in a minute.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
GSOR 1010 is actually a pretty nice medium. The gun on it is really nice :unsmith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

GSOR 1010 is actually a pretty nice medium. The gun on it is really nice :unsmith:.

That's what I've been saying! The turn radius is poo poo, but it's fast, can work a ridge line really well and can pop up where the enemies don't expect it for that big British medium damage. It's really good in Frontlines, too!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's what I've been saying! The turn radius is poo poo, but it's fast, can work a ridge line really well and can pop up where the enemies don't expect it for that big British medium damage. It's really good in Frontlines, too!

I am a sucker for tanks with good guns, and this one is quite snappy and accurate. Doesn't even need a vstab either.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK, who the hell decided the Spähpanzer I.C.'s HE shell velocity should be 300m/s.

E: apparentlly the people who made the tank.

vOv

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I just cannot win tonight, holy poo poo.

Edit:

Yeah...

Double Edit:

Holy gently caress.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 7, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It do be like that sometimes(*).

It's why I've almost exclusively fallen back on playing Onslaught. You can influence the games a great deal more, the maps are better, and even if your team pulls off the old 1-7, at least it's over very quickly.

* = seemingly most times these days. But gently caress, that is BRUTAL.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Why did I wake up so early? I just wanna down a few shots of limoncello and go back to bed :smith:
Also I shoulda bought the Progetto46 last week. sigh

Not too outrageous but it's just a whole morning of corner camping mediums, everyone on one side (the new hotness), my heavies always melting opening the gate for the Mordor hordes

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 7, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK, in Bronze Onslaught just becomes a horrible hell grind. You can win and be the first on the team, and you'll literally get 5 ranking points more than you get for being on the top in a loss.

And you need 500 points to get from Bronze to Silver.

Got unlucky and happened to get killed first? Well that's 10 victories immediately erased, go gently caress yourself.

E: like seriously: I have a WR of 55% in this Onslaught season, and I'm struggling to get out of Bronze D. This game mode can eat my rear end in a top hat.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 7, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If you have a Batchat 25(t) and you're not playing Onslaught, you should.

E:

7557 WTR, 15% WR.

One of those nights where I just should've cut my losses and gone to watch Fargo or something.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 7, 2024

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Churchill III is a glorious steam blowing tank.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sayara posted:

Churchill III is a glorious steam blowing tank.

Church III is one of my favorites. Such an amazing tank :allears:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

Church III is one of my favorites. Such an amazing tank :allears:

THWAPTHWAPTHWAPTHWAPTHWAPTHWAPTHWAPTHWAPTHWAP

(heal a dead crewman)

(suddenly notice you're the last person alive on your team)

(lose, re-queue)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Started the day in Bronze B. Had the typical WoT session of losing 60% of my games due to most games having one or even more players who did 0 damage, ended up in Bronze D.

It just sucks so much loving rear end that there are no backstops in Onslaught. I find it hard to believe they designed a game mode this poo poo by accident.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I've never played Onslaught, can you do a team platoon in it or are all the teams random?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You can platoon but I think that puts you in a separate queue against other platoons. Plus none of my friends or WoT acquaintances play this loving game anymore :v:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Welp, at least you're only getting screwed by MM and not tryhard platoons, which would absolutely suck in a 7v7 format.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Welp, at least you're only getting screwed by MM and not tryhard platoons, which would absolutely suck in a 7v7 format.

Oh yeah, I'm positively surprised they didn't put platoons and randoms into the same queue. Hey, maybe next season!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I was the only person on my team with a 50+ WR. Three are below 47%.

The enemy team had one person WITHOUT a 50+ WR.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been on a losing streak recently. It's super annoying :colbert:. It's either my team rushes in and dies in the first 3 minutes, which then turns into me trying to farm as much as I can till I die or our team decimates the enemies with a never ending rush and I struggle to get any damage in.

Not sure if it is the players, the meta or both that suck :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been a rough loving week. IDK what else I could do :smith:...