Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
So, you're one of the few poor saps like me who was successful enough to make the finals in your league (congratulations!) but have the misfortune of a commissioner (perhaps yourself?) who is a bit of a turd and has scheduled a Week 17 championship.

Now you're stuck not only weighing players and matchups, but coaching decisions with respect to who will even see the field.

Rules
- Don't sit your studs. Except maybe do because they might not be playing this week
- Post your league rules

I'll start with mine. Don't think I can start Gronk, and I don't feel comfortable with Murray either. I've currently got a waiver claim in to get Heath Miller for the Buffalo D/ST. Trying to only start guys that have something to play. Thoughts? This is a Yahoo league, 0.2 PPR

Any hot waiver pickups this week that I should consider? I doubt I'll find anyone that is better than what I've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I think I'd go with Maclin. I could see the Eagles coming out pissed and dropping 50 on the Giants.

Tate is the other guy that I would consider. The first Packers/Lions game was ugly as poo poo and didn't have many (any?) solid fantasy producers. I imagine this game won't be as bad, but the possibility is there.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I would lean Miller as well.

I have my own Lamar Miller question. Pick 2:

Jeremy Hill @ Pittsburgh
Jonathan Stewart @ Atlanta
Mark Ingram @ Tampa Bay
Lamar Miller vs NYJ
DeMarco Murray @ Washington

I don't trust DeMarco this week. Currently have Hill and Stewart slotted in. I don't trust Ingram either, so it comes down to whether I should start Miller over either Hill or Stewart. It's 0.2 PPR

God I hate this week 17 bullshit. I've won 13 straight and I am legitimately worried I'm going to lose this week because I have to sit Murray and Gronk.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Nah, you can't sit either Hill or Stewart for Miller. They should both have great games. Miller is up against a tough defense; I'm not expecting more than 5-7 points from yardage with a good chance at a touchdown added in. Miller is still just a consistent RB2 in a bad match up. I agree that Hill and Stewart are your best options, though. I think you have good enough alternatives that you can feel ok sitting Murray.

Thanks. I'll stick with what I've got and hope for the best.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Projected points are stupid, but Week 17 is more stupid, because this is the first week all year I've got fewer projected points than my opponent. Because Gronk isn't playing and I can't trust Murray. Starting JStew and Heath Miller in their places. Please come up big, dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Go with Rodgers.

• Locked thread