Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Alternatively, for us cool dudes fighting to not be the turd of the league, let's do what we haven't been able to do consistently all year and win a game :toot:

Standard scoring, no PPR, pick one of:
Jeremy Maclin @ NYG
Josh Gordon @ Baltimore
Golden Tate @ GB
Vincent Jackson v NO

I should've had a nice receiving corps of Jeffery, Maclin, and Gordon down the home stretch, but Maclin and Gordon killed the dream. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of mediocre options.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to sit Tate, as I think the Lions will do quite poorly. Maclin should be in a competitive shootout, but he's averaged just 7.5 points the last five weeks against easy match ups and shootouts. Gordon has of course been a huge disappointment, but is against an awful Ravens pass defense and will actually probably do better with Hoyer than he did with Manziel (lol). Finally, Vincent Jackson has what might be the softest match up and has been seeing lots of targets, but is pretty unfavored by any experts (despite also averaging 7.5 the last five weeks, and against a few tough defenses). I can also add Asiata and flex him over any of these dicks, but I would rather not :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I think I'd prefer Minnesota rather than Chicago, actually, but yeah both of them over the rest of your options. I think I'd play Stewart over Bell, but they should do similarly well. No idea about your TEs, but maybe Gronk for a half a game would be better than any of them?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Traffic Reporter posted:

.5 ppr

1 RB or WR
Joique Bell
Mark Ingram
Greg Jennings

I'm leaning towards Ingram since Reggie Bush is cutting into Bell's carries and GB seems like a tougher matchup.

1 TE
Coby Fleener
Zach Ertz
Jordan Cameron

Here I'm thinking Fleener since he seems like the safest bet to get a lot of looks.

Thoughts?

Yeah, given that Bush did decently last week, I could see him eating up more of Bell's carries. Ingram has a nice match up, too. Fleener or Ertz for sure, and I'd go with Fleener. I doubt Ertz has anything close to last week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
One more, standard scoring:

Lamar Miller vs NYJ
Matt Asiata vs Chicago

I like Miller because he's actually a good running back, but obviously playing the Jets is less fun than playing Chicago. Asiata has been getting a big workload lately, too. Coin toss? (If so, I'd rather trust Miller.)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

I would lean Miller as well.

I have my own Lamar Miller question. Pick 2:

Jeremy Hill @ Pittsburgh
Jonathan Stewart @ Atlanta
Mark Ingram @ Tampa Bay
Lamar Miller vs NYJ
DeMarco Murray @ Washington

I don't trust DeMarco this week. Currently have Hill and Stewart slotted in. I don't trust Ingram either, so it comes down to whether I should start Miller over either Hill or Stewart. It's 0.2 PPR

God I hate this week 17 bullshit. I've won 13 straight and I am legitimately worried I'm going to lose this week because I have to sit Murray and Gronk.

Nah, you can't sit either Hill or Stewart for Miller. They should both have great games. Miller is up against a tough defense; I'm not expecting more than 5-7 points from yardage with a good chance at a touchdown added in. Miller is still just a consistent RB2 in a bad match up. I agree that Hill and Stewart are your best options, though. I think you have good enough alternatives that you can feel ok sitting Murray.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
FWIW, multiple experts seem to think Cam will do well. I don't know if I buy it, though :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
nm

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 28, 2014

• Locked thread